379 replies to this topic

#141 spence

spence

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

I know. Didn't know if some new version would come along and upgrade what's "maybe" on thus phone.

And how ling before someone has a root for ICS? Haven't rooted yet was waiting around for ICS before messing around.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#142 Tm34hawk

Tm34hawk

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:50 PM

Is there any way too force the update? I tried the system update and it won't go.

#143 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationIowa. Close to the University of Iowa.

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:59 PM

Go into/system cashe and delete the update file and it will stop. The same folder you put 75 and 79 ics leak in when you side loaded it.

I have Moto Razr....I will cut you.
To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#144 Tm34hawk

Tm34hawk

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:04 PM

I'm not the brightest... walk me through it please

#145 FcHsChilD

FcHsChilD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationWellington

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:05 PM

I know. Didn't know if some new version would come along and upgrade what's "maybe" on thus phone.

And how ling before someone has a root for ICS? Haven't rooted yet was waiting around for ICS before messing around.

There is a root method for ICS.

#146 Techno

Techno

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:02 PM

You can flash back using Rosenburg's batman 1.6 utility, i've been on 6.16.211 several times on safestrap and have been able to flash back to .181 root using this program also,, using ics combo v1.03 i then install ics v 4.0.3 followed by rooting ics then safe strap, followed by google gaps. this works flawlessly let it install and settle, then install stock version of MotoBlur 6.16.211 -- it's setup as a flashable ROM for Safestrap (v2.00) found on here, put this on your internal or external storage, make sure you have busybox on also, in safestrap go into safe mode, clear dalvik cache (instructions say to format system, factory reset and cache, but i have never had to do this) and find the 6.16.211 file where ever you put it, root of sd card is easiest to find, hit install, confirm and let it go, followed by flashing google gapps, let it do it's thing, you will be rooted with .211 after the install to do as you wish, if you decide you like GB and wish to go back, using batman 1.6 just go into ap fastboot, hookup to computer and flash .181 back, no need to do anything else, you can rerroot after flashing using the same program, even with .211 lying over the .181 install it works flawlessly and is as fast as G.B., to sum it up , you can go to .211 and enjoy all the benifits of the original ota install without giving up the option of reverting back to Ginger Bread, this .211 has only been modified to stop moto from tracking what you do, i'm on this now and have flashed back to g.b 4-5 times without a hitch, i was pushed the ota beta test version and declined, would rather keep it open in case i want to flash a rom that's on G.B build, this is my OWN experience but again have done it numerous times and never a hitch, your experience may be different and i would advise you to find these programs and follow thier instructions. This does give you the option of either build and access to all the roms for both. Just my two cents.

The .211 I have, (That I installed using the cache method), won't flash to the safe side using safestrap. Where can I get the flashable file for use with safestrap?
I brew the beer I drink.

#147 cdavid469

cdavid469

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationFort Campbell

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:51 AM

The .211 I have, (That I installed using the cache method), won't flash to the safe side using safestrap. Where can I get the flashable file for use with safestrap?

Hashcode made a separate thread with a pre rooted safe strap flash able file of 211 its pretty much stock with a few small mods I'm running it now, very easy install

#148 scottguest11

scottguest11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:08 AM

Any word on using voodoo rootkeeper for ota updating?

yes it still works

#149 scottguest11

scottguest11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:14 AM

Has anyone here tested the Motorola Lapdock 500 with ICS .211?

no but i have a 100 and it works great

#150 scottguest11

scottguest11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:16 AM

Pics or it didn't happen :P

I'm still waiting for the update, no rush. Just a little worried I didn't properly remove bootstrap and hoping that is not going to hold me back.

you will get the ota it just wont install if your still on bootstrap

#151 joshpennington

joshpennington

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:04 AM

So if I am reading this correctly, I have to remove the bootstrapper from my phone in order to be able to get the update? Will using the RSD recovery handle that? Just take the phone back to factory state?

Thanks

#152 dpratt23

dpratt23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:47 AM

So if I am reading this correctly, I have to remove the bootstrapper from my phone in order to be able to get the update? Will using the RSD recovery handle that? Just take the phone back to factory state?

Thanks

yes and yes. rsd will wipe your slate clean. Just like your phone accepted jesus as it's savior

#153 prosaschi

prosaschi

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Google+:paulrosaschi@gmail.com
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:03 AM

Quick question; will modified build property values prevent you from receiving the OTA?

#154 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:14 AM

Quick question; will modified build property values prevent you from receiving the OTA?

If you changed your version number, you may not find the update.

If you change other things the update may fail verification if you can get it downloaded.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#155 prosaschi

prosaschi

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Google+:paulrosaschi@gmail.com
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:23 AM

If you changed your version number, you may not find the update.

If you change other things the update may fail verification if you can get it downloaded.

I changed a few minor things.....VM heap size, proximity delay, WiFi scan interval........just some basics.....

#156 Kyle

Kyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Twitter:kgreggs105
  • Google+:kgreggs105
  • LocationPittsfield, Ma

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:32 AM

1. Reroot 2. Get root explorer in the market 3. Uninstall the bootstrap app 4. Go into root explorer to system/bin 5. In top right corner tap r/w 6. Delete the file called hijack 7. Delete logwrapper 8. Rename logwrapper.bin to just logwrapper 9. Reboot and it should be gone.

Anyone know if this will get rid of bootstraper, found this on DROIDX forum and dont want to do something that will mess up my maxx

#157 Techno

Techno

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:01 AM

Hashcode made a separate thread with a pre rooted safe strap flash able file of 211 its pretty much stock with a few small mods I'm running it now, very easy install

I can't seem to find that thread. What subforum is it under, or could you post a link?

Thnx
I brew the beer I drink.

#158 cdavid469

cdavid469

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationFort Campbell

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:10 AM

I can't seem to find that thread. What subforum is it under, or could you post a link?

Thnx

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and as always please read the full OP, I will assume no liability for what you choose to do to your phone, if you everything it should go swimmingly, gl

#159 zoo16

zoo16

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:13 AM

1. Reroot 2. Get root explorer in the market 3. Uninstall the bootstrap app 4. Go into root explorer to system/bin 5. In top right corner tap r/w 6. Delete the file called hijack 7. Delete logwrapper 8. Rename logwrapper.bin to just logwrapper 9. Reboot and it should be gone.

Anyone know if this will get rid of bootstraper, found this on DROIDX forum and dont want to do something that will mess up my maxx

Here's the insctructions I received when trying to get Bootstrapper and ClockworkMod off my Razr:

How to remove bootstrap clockworkmod:

1. Uninstall the bootstrap application.
2. Get Root Explorer/ES file Explorer from the market.
3. Using a file manager "root explorer" go into system/bin
4. click on r/w in the top right corner.
5. Delete the file called "hijack" & logwrapper
6. Rename the logwrapper.bin to just logwrapper(Without the .bin on the end)

Looks like same process.

#160 Techno

Techno

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and as always please read the full OP, I will assume no liability for what you choose to do to your phone, if you everything it should go swimmingly, gl

Got it, and of course not...
I brew the beer I drink.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users