• Please log in to reply
379 replies to this topic

#121 bilbobaggins

bilbobaggins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:56 AM

The leak will not wipe your phone if you are on a completely stock 181. The Leak, OTA and SOAK are all the same file; they have to be or there would be no OTA to push. The first two assertions have been verified by MD5 Checksum and the third is based on the logical assumption that they are testing the same version that Verizon is pushing out. So with that in mind this leak will sideload or install from the cache on a rooted phone as long as it is otherwise pure stock 181. The root is needed to get the file to the cache folder. NO bootstrap or safestrap though. But root will not interfere with the update. It may not remain rooted but it will install.
When the OTA downloads to your phone the cache is where it ends up untill you install it. then it gets wipe from your phone on reboot. There are a couple of people in this thread that did this yesterday.
  • jpm likes this

#122 Alex.Abraham

Alex.Abraham

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 477 posts
  • Twitter:aabraham123456
  • Google+:aabraham123456@gmail.com
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:35 PM

Question: if i sideloaded .211 when it first leaked, will i get future ota updates or do i need to do st to get that going? This is assuming i am on stock 211 and not arctic, eclipse, koa, etc.
Posted Image

#123 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

Question: if i sideloaded .211 when it first leaked, will i get future ota updates or do i need to do st to get that going? This is assuming i am on stock 211 and not arctic, eclipse, koa, etc.

The 211 leak is the same as the official. You will get whatever comes next.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#124 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

.211 leak? Assuming .211 is the official OTA? And that we are already on .211 leak. We should be good for future updates there after.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#125 jimgfitzgerald

jimgfitzgerald

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:49 PM

Can anyone verify if the paid Verizon hotspot feature works or not with .211 ICS?

#126 boxermansr

boxermansr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

Can anyone verify if the paid Verizon hotspot feature works or not with .211 ICS?

It does.
Posted Image

#127 jimgfitzgerald

jimgfitzgerald

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:06 PM

Thanks.

#128 jimgfitzgerald

jimgfitzgerald

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:36 PM

Has anyone here tested the Motorola Lapdock 500 with ICS .211?

#129 jpiarull

jpiarull

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

Just want to say, successfully got ICS update through Matt's utility and live chat with multiple software installation failures, you da man Matt!

#130 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:10 PM

Nope not me can't afford one! Lol

#131 bilbobaggins

bilbobaggins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:03 PM

Yep, I use it all the time. It works great!

#132 jimgfitzgerald

jimgfitzgerald

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:01 PM

Thanks. Good to hear.

#133 jrickman51

jrickman51

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Twitter:jrickman9705

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:53 AM

You can flash back using Rosenburg's batman 1.6 utility, i've been on 6.16.211 several times on safestrap and have been able to flash back to .181 root using this program also,, using ics combo v1.03 i then install ics v 4.0.3 followed by rooting ics then safe strap, followed by google gaps. this works flawlessly let it install and settle, then install stock version of MotoBlur 6.16.211 -- it's setup as a flashable ROM for Safestrap (v2.00) found on here, put this on your internal or external storage, make sure you have busybox on also, in safestrap go into safe mode, clear dalvik cache (instructions say to format system, factory reset and cache, but i have never had to do this) and find the 6.16.211 file where ever you put it, root of sd card is easiest to find, hit install, confirm and let it go, followed by flashing google gapps, let it do it's thing, you will be rooted with .211 after the install to do as you wish, if you decide you like GB and wish to go back, using batman 1.6 just go into ap fastboot, hookup to computer and flash .181 back, no need to do anything else, you can rerroot after flashing using the same program, even with .211 lying over the .181 install it works flawlessly and is as fast as G.B., to sum it up , you can go to .211 and enjoy all the benifits of the original ota install without giving up the option of reverting back to Ginger Bread, this .211 has only been modified to stop moto from tracking what you do, i'm on this now and have flashed back to g.b 4-5 times without a hitch, i was pushed the ota beta test version and declined, would rather keep it open in case i want to flash a rom that's on G.B build, this is my OWN experience but again have done it numerous times and never a hitch, your experience may be different and i would advise you to find these programs and follow thier instructions. This does give you the option of either build and access to all the roms for both. Just my two cents.

#134 Hero_Indeed

Hero_Indeed

Android Rescue Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:18 AM

Still waiting on OTA push...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
Posted Image

#135 Guest_droidpcguru_*

Guest_droidpcguru_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:59 AM

Yeah, seems interesting that nobody has posted that they have it..

#136 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:01 PM

everyone will have it by the end of this week

#137 spence

spence

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

I "hear" testing is going well. Here's a potentially dumb question. When verizon does its OTA will it push down to phones already running a stock version of 211? Never been on a test, I mean my friend ;) has never been on a soak group before. Didn't know what to expect later this week thanks.

#138 boxermansr

boxermansr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:00 PM

I "hear" testing is going well. Here's a potentially dumb question. When verizon does its OTA will it push down to phones already running a stock version of 211? Never been on a test, I mean my friend ;) has never been on a soak group before. Didn't know what to expect later this week thanks.

Nope, only to phones running .181 since you can't update 211 to 211, it'd be a bit redundant.
Posted Image

#139 roBrey85

roBrey85

Brey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationVegas

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:20 PM

I need it right now. GB is so boring

Posted Image

#140 doggy2965