314 replies to this topic

#181 bacon225

bacon225

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:36 AM

I need some help please not so much for the install of .211 but what I noticed today.
When I connect to my computer and open explorer my phone or SD card shows up twice as F and G they are not mirror images of each other,
Why and what do I need to do about it.
Thanks in advance

#182 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:54 AM

One is your internal (non-removable) sdcard, the other is your external (removable) sdcard.

#183 bacon225

bacon225

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:28 AM

OK thanks I did not know you could see the internal one.
Thanks to you it all makes sence now.

#184 oN_Delay

oN_Delay

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

Assert failed: mount("ext3", "MTD", "system", "/system") E: Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (Status 7):

• Do option 1, assuming you are on ICS 6.14.79 or below (any GB version)
  • Reboot INTO Gingerbread 6.12.181, to make sure everything worked.
  • Reboot into Motorola Recovery. (This is done by holding down both volume buttons and the power button during bootup, choosing recovery option, and press both volume buttons when the dead android pops up).
  • Choose the wipe cache option.
  • Install update from external storage (Blur_6.12.181_blah.zip aka the 211 update).

I am getting the E: Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (Status 7) but, I am unable to "reboot into GB 6.12.181, to make sure everything worked." Just stays on the Dual Core splash. If I reboot again (power and down vol keys) I get the dead open chested droid w/ the red ! I go thru wipe the data twice same result. Any ideas where I ____ed the pooch?

#185 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

I am getting the E: Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (Status 7) but, I am unable to "reboot into GB 6.12.181, to make sure everything worked." Just stays on the Dual Core splash. If I reboot again (power and down vol keys) I get the dead open chested droid w/ the red ! I go thru wipe the data twice same result. Any ideas where I ____ed the pooch?

Did you flash the zip?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#186 oN_Delay

oN_Delay

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:09 AM

Did you flash the zip?

Aye. That's where the E: Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (Status 7) happens. Going to try again and wipe a bunch before flashing the update. But even still every time I try to go to recovery i get the the dead droid icon and have to get to recovery thru up & down vol keys.

#187 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:10 AM

Aye. That's where the E: Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (Status 7) happens. Going to try again and wipe a bunch before flashing the update.

Good idea lol Some times it takes flashing numerous times to work

If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#188 oN_Delay

oN_Delay

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:07 PM

Still no go. The recovery from, where the fastboot option, is does not work at all. I always get the dead droid(red w/!). I was rooted and running an AKOP ROM. Looking for GB 2.3.6 to flash... Does anyone have a good link for it?

#189 jw0914

jw0914

All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 [XT1103]

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

Motorola Drivers are screwed up. The utility works fine on most computers but Motorola's latest drivers for some reason are not working on some, not an issue with how I made the utility. Saying "This just doesn't work" can seem a little bit insulting ;)

There is a linux version which does not need drivers, stealthmouse posted it a page ago, and its in the second post of the thread.

+1

#190 jw0914

jw0914

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

Still no go. The recovery from, where the fastboot option, is does not work at all. I always get the dead droid(red w/!). I was rooted and running an AKOP ROM. Looking for GB 2.3.6 to flash... Does anyone have a good link for it?

what android version were you running before you used option 3 and bricked

#191 topdog031382

topdog031382

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:05 PM

I have no idea why some are having so many troubles with this utility. I have restored stock .211, multiple times, I have installed the upgrade to .214 rooted and installed a custom ROM, have restored back to .211 using the utility numerous times (at least three) and everytime I have followed the instructions. Granted some of you are having legit problems but there are ALOT that are just jumping in without having a clue as to how to do this stuff. As stated before, the updated drivers are not working on some but for so many questions that are being asked or issues that have been brought up numerous times it is pretty obvious that the OP is not being read. If you do not know what you are doing READ THE THREADS BEFORE DOING ANYTHING! and after you have read it and think you understand....stop take a deep breath and read it again. Sorry if I seem like an rear end but it really is getting out of hand. I am sure that the staff on this site have no problems with helping someone with issues but it is kind of disrespectful towards them when you ask a question that has been addressed numerous times or is in the OP just take the time to research prior to doing anything.
  • jw0914 likes this

#192 topdog031382

topdog031382

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:21 PM

The utility is amazing Matt thanks for all the hard work and time that you put into this community.

#193 jw0914

jw0914

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:28 PM

I have no idea why some are having so many troubles with this utility. I have restored stock .211, multiple times, I have installed the upgrade to .214 rooted and installed a custom ROM, have restored back to .211 using the utility numerous times (at least three) and everytime I have followed the instructions. Granted some of you are having legit problems but there are ALOT that are just jumping in without having a clue as to how to do this stuff. As stated before, the updated drivers are not working on some but for so many questions that are being asked or issues that have been brought up numerous times it is pretty obvious that the OP is not being read. If you do not know what you are doing READ THE THREADS BEFORE DOING ANYTHING! and after you have read it and think you understand....stop take a deep breath and read it again. Sorry if I seem like an rear end but it really is getting out of hand. I am sure that the staff on this site have no problems with helping someone with issues but it is kind of disrespectful towards them when you ask a question that has been addressed numerous times or is in the OP just take the time to research prior to doing anything.

+1

I've posted similar posts in this thread and the OP for 1.7. 99.9% of the users having problems are ones that have chosen to either not read the post and/or not read the directions.

One member posted a problem he had with flashing .211 with 1.7 and in their post they listed they unzipped .211 onto their sd card. Since this is not only in this OP and many other threads, I told them I'm not going to give them the answer, asked no one else to either, and told them they should go back and read the OP and directions and they'd find the answer to their problem (unzipping the fb file). So they respond saying they weren't going to bother reading it. wtf...

I think if anyone has problems with an issue they created because they didn't read the OP and/or follow the directions given, then members shouldn't just give them the answer to their problem. They should tell them to re-read the OP and directions, as well as the posts in the thread. Reason being: members take time out of their day to help people on these forums and they shouldn't have to waste that time simply because people lack the common sense to read the directions. I find it disrespectful, rude, and offensive when not only devs (like Matt) aren't given the respect they deserve by users who aren't reading the OP because they don't just write what's in there to write it; but I also find it stupid and lacking in common sense that a user, when given concrete instructions and information, chooses to chuck it all out the window by not reading it and going at it blind, and then when they most certainly screw up, it's everyone else's responsibility but there's to find the information to fix it.

Granted, there are many users who have very valid and legitimate problems that did read the OP and directions and still had problems. That's okay, we all make mistakes (I know I've certainly made quite a few with my phones). But this type of user is not the same as the ones listed above, and therein lies the distinction.

My previous post on this exact issue:

"I don't mean to sound callus, but it would make your life easier if you actually read the information provided, and most importantly the directions, whenever you're doing something somewhat advanced to your phone. Matt (mattlgroff) is an amazing dev and teacher... he doesn't just write stuff in a post simply to write it or waste your time. Read what he (and other devs) write in their posts and simply follow their directions.

I keep getting alerts from all these users who it appears either didn't read the directions, or didn't follow them. I understand that we all make mistakes (I've made plenty with my phone), but when user after user are having all these issues on a very self explanatory issue, it starts to become apparent posts aren't being read, directions aren't being followed. Failing to do so simply causes whomever is doing it a lot of unneeded grief and problems; as well as costing other members their time by having to repost what was already posted in the original post.

I'm not saying don't ask for help if you have a problem, that's obviously what forums are for... but give enough respect to the Dev (matt) to actually read and understand what he's written and the directions he's given. I've been using various versions of his droid utility now for almost a year and I've yet to run into a problem that couldn't be figured out by doing some reading and searching on either this forum, xda, google, or another forum. Rooting and modding your phone already shows you're intelligent, so quit selling yourself short and educate yourself... to not do so is a grave injustice to yourself. "

#194 oN_Delay

oN_Delay

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:07 AM

what android version were you running before you used option 3 and bricked

Not sure. I unrooted and recovered to my backup from before the root. I <S>think</S> know I forgot to wipe before loading backup. :unsure: I'm a dummy. If I would have realized what I did I would have done a better search for my problem. Sorry, n00b error of the non-wipe. And, Thanks for trying to help, iDroidGuy and jw0914. The utility probably would have worked if I had more time, but I was trying to fix it before I left work. I did get it to loading screen before it failed twice. I did read the OP. My apologies if it seemed like it did not. I proofread legal advertisements all day. I know the importance of reading. ;)

FYi: I used RSD Lite to get it back to GB(2.3.6). I can find the website today. "VRZ_XT912_6.5.1-73_DHD-11_TA-3_1FF_02.xml" is the name, and google is where I found it. :)

#195 2302jason

2302jason

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:31 AM

Every tool I use has the same problem. It cannot find my device. It says "Waiting for device" and nothing else happens. I tried going into the Fastboot mode but still nothing. I have the latest drivers installed and the zip is extracted to the C:/ drive. PLEASE HELP.

I have the .211 OTA

#196 topdog031382

topdog031382

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:09 AM

Every tool I use has the same problem. It cannot find my device. It says "Waiting for device" and nothing else happens. I tried going into the Fastboot mode but still nothing. I have the latest drivers installed and the zip is extracted to the C:/ drive. PLEASE HELP.

I have the .211 OTA

go into moto recovery and factory reset and wipe cache, then reboot also make sure you have USB debugging and unknown sources checked as well as anything other than mass storage

#197 jimgfitzgerald

jimgfitzgerald

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:08 AM

Not sure. I unrooted and recovered to my backup from before the root. I <S>think</S> know I forgot to wipe before loading backup. :unsure: I'm a dummy. If I would have realized what I did I would have done a better search for my problem. Sorry, n00b error of the non-wipe. And, Thanks for trying to help, iDroidGuy and jw0914. The utility probably would have worked if I had more time, but I was trying to fix it before I left work. I did get it to loading screen before it failed twice. I did read the OP. My apologies if it seemed like it did not. I proofread legal advertisements all day. I know the importance of reading. ;)

FYi: I used RSD Lite to get it back to GB(2.3.6). I can find the website today. "VRZ_XT912_6.5.1-73_DHD-11_TA-3_1FF_02.xml" is the name, and google is where I found it. :)

I thought it was impossible to go back to GB after ICS.

#198 themagicm

themagicm

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:29 PM

I have the .211 OTA

I had the same problem...so I did a factory reset and it worked.

#199 boneill1031

boneill1031

Crack Flasher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Twitter:briotech1
  • Google+:brian oneill
  • LocationWurtsboro, NY
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy SIII

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:43 PM

Have to say i LOVE the android community. I tried atleast 15 different ways to update from gb to ics. i actually gave up. Found this site looking for a ROM and stumbled on this tool. running ICS setup as I type...thanks Matt
  • mattlgroff likes this

Give me a break, Give me a break, Break me off a piece of the Kit-Kat Droid

#200 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:39 AM

I had the same problem...so I did a factory reset and it worked.

This seems to be the best fix :)
  • themagicm likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users