#221 alexmyers83

alexmyers83

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Twitter:alexmyers83

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:46 AM

so once you finally getting the blue pentagon after flashing the sbf (step 1)...do I just wait awhile after the dual core motorola goes away...just let it sit? fresh restore to 211...

#222 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:47 AM

• currently on v181 on razr (GB)...do in need to flash one of the boot.img's from 6 or 7 before I run step 1 (fastboot restore) on matts new utility? (v1.8)

• Will give thanks to anyone who can assist!

• eventually i had the android with the blue progress in the belly...must be good news---but then when the phone reboots---it just gets to the motorola dual core screen and goes nowhere...

Nope. Just run it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#223 alexmyers83

alexmyers83

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:49 AM

run what? you mean just let it stay at the black screen? I had the last comment as well, good sir

#224 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:06 AM

run what? you mean just let it stay at the black screen? I had the last comment as well, good sir

Sorry lol Didn't read past the first dot. You need to turn the phone off by holding volume down and poser button until the screen flashes. Then you hold both volume buttons and the power button. When the screen comes up scroll down to recovery and hit volume up. Then wipe data and cache and restart device.

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#225 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:07 AM

Wait, clarify if you used the 1.7 or the 1.8?

#226 skitchin1

skitchin1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:38 AM

ok need help. when i try 1.8 root it does the same thing waiting for device. so i try the fail safe it gives me. adb is not recognized as an internal or external command.

#227 alexmyers83

alexmyers83

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:59 AM

yes---i tried it multiple times with a successful blue working android guy---then the phone goes to the red dual core motorola screen---then goes blank. When I tried going back to recovery, then wiping data and cache---it does nothing. Only thing I didnt consider until now---IS THERE ANY REASON I NEED AN SD STORAGE CARD? Just realized this phone DOES NOT have a microsd installed---just the verizon id chip per usual...does having a microsd installed MATTER?

Thanks again in advance...might just download the whole fastboot zip and do SBF instead...it looked so easy at first! :)

#228 X_Marine

X_Marine

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:11 PM

OMG, as one noob to another, I think I can answer this.. YES..
Please read large RED text msg on OP, page 1, of the Droid Razr Utility 1.7, thread.

Hope that helps.
X/BillyD..

#229 alexmyers83

alexmyers83

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:37 PM

yes---i tried it multiple times with a successful blue working android guy---then the phone goes to the red dual core motorola screen---then goes blank. When I tried going back to recovery, then wiping data and cache---it does nothing. Only thing I didnt consider until now---IS THERE ANY REASON I NEED AN SD STORAGE CARD? Just realized this phone DOES NOT have a microsd installed---just the verizon id chip per usual...does having a microsd installed MATTER?

Thanks again in advance...might just download the whole fastboot zip and do SBF instead...it looked so easy at first! :)

Yes, that would be true @X_Marine---but I was using the 1.8 utility (which includes the 211 OTA official SBF file)...So, knowing this---would trying RSD lite using the 211 file from sbd.droid-developers.org be the best course of action at this point?

Thanks in advance folks

#230 alexmyers83

alexmyers83

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:00 PM

mainly---i just want to know if can run rsd lite with the

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

file WITHOUT a microsd card at this point---ive tried wiping before running matts 1.8 option 1 multiple times with no luck...

#231 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:03 PM

Yes you can alex

• alexmyers83 likes this

#232 alexmyers83

alexmyers83

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:10 PM

Thanks iDroidGuy--ill give it a shot this evening...isn't the rsdlite program the same thing the Verizon folks use when you take it to their stores?

#233 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:19 PM

Thanks iDroidGuy--ill give it a shot this evening...isn't the rsdlite program the same thing the Verizon folks use when you take it to their stores?

Yeppers

#234 skitchin1

skitchin1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

i figure out how to root my phone instead of putting it in AP fast boot i just left it running with debugging on and mtp.

#235 jberry21

jberry21

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:08 AM

For the life of me i can not get this to work. I'm on GB 173 using 1.7 utility. All that happens is it goes back between the status 7 errors. Do i need to be on a leak to make this work or delete safestrap

#236 jmlenz

jmlenz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:37 AM

Been battling to get this to work on my Razr for 2 days now = frustrating. Everything always works for me the first time (EVO, Droid X, Nexus) and I always chalked up others peoples problems on the forums to "user error" but here I am...stuck, asking the questions

Coming from a bone sock .181 GB CDMA razr, never rooted, all virgin. I can download the OTA ICS file but it fails to install every time, even after multiple factory resets. Tried Matts 1.7 utility instructions to a T, verified MD5 of all downloads, but get the Status 7 error everytime. And YES I wiped every single time, even multiple wipes on some tries = no dice. Tried the method in the OP of booting into GB before the install then going back into stock recovery > wipe cache > install from external SD am now getting this new error...

updating LTE...
asset failed: motorola .motoflash("/tmp/lte.img")
E: Error in /tmpsideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

WTF is this now? a problem flashing the LTE radio? Not sure if it matters but I dont have a 4G SIM in the phone during all this??

Any suggestions would be appreciated

#237 jmlenz

jmlenz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

Been battling to get this to work on my Razr for 2 days now = frustrating. Everything always works for me the first time (EVO, Droid X, Nexus) and I always chalked up others peoples problems on the forums to "user error" but here I am...stuck, asking the questions

Coming from a bone sock .181 GB CDMA razr, never rooted, all virgin. I can download the OTA ICS file but it fails to install every time, even after multiple factory resets. Tried Matts 1.7 utility instructions to a T, verified MD5 of all downloads, but get the Status 7 error everytime. And YES I wiped every single time, even multiple wipes on some tries = no dice. Tried the method in the OP of booting into GB before the install then going back into stock recovery > wipe cache > install from external SD am now getting this new error...

updating LTE...
asset failed: motorola .motoflash("/tmp/lte.img")
E: Error in /tmpsideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

WTF is this now? a problem flashing the LTE radio? Not sure if it matters but I dont have a 4G SIM in the phone during all this.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Just used the 1.6 utility to restore .181 gingerbread to its factory fresh state just to be sure there is nothing borked...no problems there. Re-downloaded the .211 zip and triple checked the MD5. Reformatted the SD card and re installed the .211 zip directly on the root of the SD card again. Went back to 1.7 utility to try the ICS sideload again (7th time trying!) and got the exact same result as my post above...Man I think I am taking every precaution and measure possibly but this damn phone is just scared to death of some ICS and refuses to take it!! lol

Yes I wiped, yes I read through the help pages, yes I rebooted into GB before installing the .zip, any other suggestions!?

Update: rinsed and repeated everything with the Verizon SIM in the phone = no change
Tried changing the USB mounting of the phone to PC mode = no change
Tried a couple different variations of wipe and clear cache order = no change

I have now flashed this a total of 12 times over the last couple days, about to throw in the towel and put this POS on ebay lol. Good thing I have my GNex as my primary phone (never ANY issue there!)

#238 jberry21

jberry21

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:13 PM

I ended up just unrooting to stock and updating from the phone but i will use 1.7 to root ics

#239 jmlenz

jmlenz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:22 PM

I ended up just unrooting to stock and updating from the phone but i will use 1.7 to root ics

I wish I could do the same! I am eternally stuck in gingerbread though, the phone will just not take the OTA update OR sideload through Matts utilities! It finds the OTA ICS update no problem, downloads it no problem, but when it reboots to unpack the and install the update it fails everytime (attempted this 5 or 6 times, everytime needing to redownload the entire friggin 350MB file!)

Starting to think ICS will simply never be on this Razr

#240 jberry21

jberry21

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:28 PM

I was still on 173 went to stock using an old utility. Updated threw the phone to 181. Then tried to update to 211 and it failed ill try again.

Still cant update to 211 even after uproot what wrong? Shouldn't i be able to get the ota if im not rooted with a fresh 181

I was still on 173 went to stock using an old utility. Updated threw the phone to 181. Then tried to update to 211 and it failed ill try again.

Still cant update to 211 even after uproot what wrong? Shouldn't i be able to get the ota if im not rooted with a fresh 181 even tried to root and update via rom manager

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users