Photo

[Rom] Simplex-V1.3 | Ics4.04 |10/1/2012 | The Revival!

ics roms deodexed init.d modded

• Please log in to reply
1861 replies to this topic

#1381 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:44 AM

I have sane problems i cant run rom cause it to unstable.. ill wait till emerica fixes.. thot it was only ..glad im nkt alone ;-)

Emerica doesnt need to fix. ;-) lol. I've been running this all week no issues. Many others have been since release without issue. Im gonna have to put this in the bin of not all phones are alike unfortunately. What clock speed are you running when this happens? I can zip up my old init.d scripts and see if that makes any improvement on your device...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • robthefive0 likes this

#1382 quadjacks

quadjacks

THE 4 of us!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Twitter:@quadjacks
  • LocationFort Drum, NY
  • Current Device(s):Maxx HD

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:25 AM

That isn't a ROM issue. That is a hardware limitation due to the fact that data service is needed to use MMS. That fault falls back on the design of the networks.

I know every ROM has it's own distinct features, but from my experience with most, is that you DO need to leave data on to receive MMS messages.

Sent from the Titanic. I named my phone "The Titanic" so when I plug it into the computer it says "The Titanic is syncing".

I am not able to download MMS on Wifi. I have to switch to 3G/4G
Any FAA meetings in my area? Flash Addicts Anonymous~God is Luv~

#1383 quadjacks

quadjacks

THE 4 of us!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Twitter:@quadjacks
  • LocationFort Drum, NY
  • Current Device(s):Maxx HD

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:26 AM

Flashing this baby today! Nice work here sir! NICE! :ph34r:
Any FAA meetings in my area? Flash Addicts Anonymous~God is Luv~

#1384 robthefive0

robthefive0

Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationN.J.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:41 AM

Not a single issue here. All working perfectly. ROM is stabilizing and battery is insane good. I agree that the rebooting is probably caused by the overclocking. Happened to me in the past. I am running at 750/300 to maximize battery life and it is still smooth and quick. I also suggest using Smart Actions to turn off Cellular Data when screen is off, and, CPU Sleeper. I am really getting killer battery life with these. Thanks again EmericanX.
Posted Image

#1385 CLoft2620

CLoft2620

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:32 AM

Emerican, would it be possible for a center clock mod for the notification bar? Just curious, if not, no biggie

Sent from the Titanic. I named my phone "The Titanic" so when I plug it into the computer it says "The Titanic is syncing".

#1386 willjohnson

willjohnson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationSavannah, Georgia

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:40 AM

Emerica doesnt need to fix. ;-) lol. I've been running this all week no issues. Many others have been since release without issue. Im gonna have to put this in the bin of not all phones are alike unfortunately. What clock speed are you running when this happens? I can zip up my old init.d scripts and see if that makes any improvement on your device...

I got my reboots before I even signed on on the initial setup. I wiped everything(I always wipe everything when installing a ROM) and let it sit long enough on first boot to get full 4G before I touch it. Happened to me using multiple zip files,which was really strange. Not even sure what could cause that, but all devices seem to react differently to ROM installs and such. Thats what makes this so much fun :-)

Beamed to you from one badass android

#1387 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:45 AM

as stated earlier,there is nothing wrong with this rom,if it's not working right you are doing something wrong or you have an app messing something up.If you have problems do a compete wipe,data,cache,dalvek,format system,and do not restore any apps and see what happens

#1388 CLoft2620

CLoft2620

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:55 AM

On a side note, I was browsing thru ROM Toolbox's boot animations and found a "haters gonna hate" boot animation, and installed it. It's goes AWESOME with the whole "Team Haters" branding of this ROM.

I know this post doesn't really contribute much, but I figured I'd throw it out there in case anybody is interested.

• milkshed27 likes this

#1389 jon1833

jon1833

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Michigan

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:31 AM

as stated earlier,there is nothing wrong with this rom,if it's not working right you are doing something wrong or you have an app messing something up.If you have problems do a compete wipe,data,cache,dalvek,format system,and do not restore any apps and see what happens

Like many have said. Some phones cant handle the OC Just go into settings and under cpu settings, turn it to stockclock 1200 Ghz. Then try reboot. See if that fixes it before you go wiping and reinstalling and complaining. I've been on this ROM for three days now. It has never rebooted once. It's the best ROM I've ever used.

#1390 rockaholic112

rockaholic112

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:46 AM

I must ask, what benefit does apex free have over trebuchet?

Sent from my portable telecommunications box

#1391 dscribe

dscribe

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Twitter:dscrbnr
  • LocationCamden, AR
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:05 AM

I don't normally post very often but i just had to drop a note saying "THANKS!" for one really awesome ROM. This seems to be fast, stable, solid, and sweet while also giving the best battery performance I've ever seen on any ROM I've ever flashed (and I've flashed alot!). With my Razor Maxx the battery life now is just insane. Thanks again.
  • jon1833 likes this

#1392 raw57

raw57

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:44 AM

This ROM is awesome! I have come across 2 issues. The alarm clock keeps force closing and the corporate account keeps sending blank emails to random people. I had the same issue with the original ROM as well, and regarding the corporate account

#1393 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:50 AM

This ROM is awesome! I have come across 2 issues. The alarm clock keeps force closing and the corporate account keeps sending blank emails to random people. I had the same issue with the original ROM as well, and regarding the corporate account

I have used the corporate email with my college email account for a couple months on Simplex with no issues.Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#1394 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:51 AM

Like many have said. Some phones cant handle the OC Just go into settings and under cpu settings, turn it to stockclock 1200 Ghz. Then try reboot. See if that fixes it before you go wiping and reinstalling and complaining. I've been on this ROM for three days now. It has never rebooted once. It's the best ROM I've ever used.

i don't think the 1325 oc is causing problems,you have to go over 1350 before some and very few phones act up

#1395 jon1833

jon1833

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:52 AM

My alarm has not force closed once, and I don't have any odd emails going out on my corporate account.

#1396 jon1833

jon1833

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:55 AM

i don't think the 1325 oc is causing problems,you have to go over 1350 before some and very few phones act up

Better to try to go to stock clock with a simple reboot, just in case it is the problem, than to not try, and wipe the whole phone again. I haven't had a problem with this overclock, but I have on other roms. When I went back to stock clock, the phone straightened out. It's worth a try at least.

#1397 chrismcgillx1

chrismcgillx1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Google+:chrismcgillx89@gmail.com
  • LocationPembroke Pines Florida

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:35 AM

Ben on rom for 30min this morning and no reboots did what john said 1200 instead of the oc 1300. Its ben solid and super fast.... shuueeww can finaly enjoy simple again...and no i was complaining juat iritated that this cac can happen to me only.. thanks for the great rom emericax!
Crack Flasher For Life - Droid!!!!!

#1398 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:44 AM

I used 1.2 for weeks and 1.3 since launch and have not had this happen once. Given that nobody else has complained about it either, and that this is using the stock corporate syncing to my knowledge, it would be much more likely to be something else causing this than the ROM itself.
  • jon1833 likes this

#1399 96dani

96dani

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:45 AM

Rom's great...very nice job. :)

#1400 willjohnson

willjohnson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationSavannah, Georgia

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:48 AM

I guess i was misunderstood, if your statement was directed at me that is. I was simply stating that I was having some wierd issues, in no way was i trying to say the rom is broke. I was just trying to let the creator know that this happened to me if he wanted to look into it(one of the puroses of these forums i thought). If you read my post I stated that i had tried multiple zip files, wiped everything, and that my reboots happened before i could even sign in on the first boot, so i dont see how its an app i installed or an overclocking module error as others have stated may be the cause of problems. I guess my phone just doesnt like this version for some reason, not a big deal, or anyone's fault. Just dont want Emerican X to think i was trying to bash on his rom, 1.2 and earlier versions were some of my favs.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ics, roms, deodexed, init.d, modded

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)