Photo

[Rom] Simplex-V1.3 | Ics4.04 |10/1/2012 | The Revival!

ics roms deodexed init.d modded

• Please log in to reply
1861 replies to this topic

#1421 milkshed27

milkshed27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:50 AM

Same here, I was OC'd at 1325 by default. I agree with sankyou's suggestion. Anyone having reboots or freezes might want to download a CPU control app from the market such as SetCPU, No Frills, or ROM ToolBox, scale down the CPU to 1000mhz, and see if that fixes the your issue for the time being.

I personally always use my own stock clock speed/undervolted script (using SManager from the play store) on every ROM I run since I know what works well on my phone. I'd be happy to help anyone that would like do this through PM.
If we question our own actions, our thought process, make a conscious decision to what we feel is right every single day, that's what I believe to be Divinity. That's true Shamanism.

#1422 chrismcgillx1

chrismcgillx1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Google+:chrismcgillx89@gmail.com
  • LocationPembroke Pines Florida

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:19 PM

Yea dude had same problem ..when it boots up, go to cpu control and put at 1200... your garenteed a solid rom with great performance. Do it quick before reboot ;-) and yet at boot its set over clocked
Crack Flasher For Life - Droid!!!!!

#1423 srzero

srzero

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationArlington

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:33 PM

Lol I remember the days of the OG Droid and over clocking for performance,now all I wanna do is undervolt and underclock for battery life.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • milkshed27 and weaponx like this
Make It Your Own

#1424 tuarmeN

tuarmeN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:50 PM

Any word on the inverted stuff for v1.3? Really want to flash it but gotta have inverted =P

#1425 tuarmeN

tuarmeN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

Also are contacts AOSP or Blur on v1.3 because I noticed the apk file size is smaller on v1.3 compared to v1.2. Thank yoU!

#1426 milkshed27

milkshed27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:43 PM

I used the same inverted gapps that I've always used without an issue. I believe the contacts are Blur where you have to hit the search magnifying glass to view your contacts.
If we question our own actions, our thought process, make a conscious decision to what we feel is right every single day, that's what I believe to be Divinity. That's true Shamanism.

#1427 tuarmeN

tuarmeN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:34 PM

I used the same inverted gapps that I've always used without an issue. I believe the contacts are Blur where you have to hit the search magnifying glass to view your contacts.

Are you referring to the Simplex Inverter Duty or the other inverted gapps posted in a different thread?

#1428 milkshed27

milkshed27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

The ones from this thread...

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#1429 Snwbrd

Snwbrd

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

Any word on the inverted stuff for v1.3? Really want to flash it but gotta have inverted =P

Here are some great, updated inverted Gapps:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

The apk's installed fine, but the zip's I had to manually paste in system/app and set permissions.
  • milkshed27 likes this

#1430 webeougher

webeougher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Twitter:webeougher
  • Google+:webeougher

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

Lmao! Now that's funny! FTW typically means For The Win... but I think i like your definition more.. haha.. good times!

The "for the win" thing started AFTER the other definition, sometime around 2000, with "New Hollywood Squares", actually. The "F*** the World" thing predates that and has been linked to any number of anarchic groups, but probably gained most prominence in the mid-90's when ECW (and later WWF/WWE) wrestler Taz started carrying around the FTW Title, claiming to be the "real" champion of ECW.

And that ends today's pointless history lesson. :-)

#1431 james

james

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Locationsouthern cali
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 Verizon

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

a full wipe is Wipe Data/Factory Reset,Wipe Cache, Under Mounts and Storage: Format System, Under Advanced: Wipe Dalvik Cache

#1432 mpodval

mpodval

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Twitter:mpodval
  • Google+:mpodval
  • LocationNew York

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

Hello,

2 days on the ROM not OC'ed, 1 random reboot but hopefully that won't repeat itself.

Weird issue though. When the phone reboots, the last few texts show up as a new notification even though they are not really new texts. Anyone else seeing that?

#1433 MoistureSplash

MoistureSplash

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:45 PM

I hop on this if I wasn't running JB ATM. Looks nice!

#1434 HSD-Pilot

HSD-Pilot

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Current Device(s):RazR

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:56 PM

I switched from AOKP JB to this Rom and it was the right decision.

Everything works flawless, no need for theming, because it looks just great and Battery Life is awesome for me.

Sent from my RazR

Soundcloud <> Bassgrow

#1435 patrickhorton22

patrickhorton22

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Twitter:patrickhorton22

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:27 AM

These roms have always been my favorite since the gingerbread days. I've been using jelly bean and been loving it but i wanted to give this a whirl, being a crack flasher and all. Setup the phone exactly how i wanted and noticed a real sluggish lag when doing anything. Installed tweakz app and started, well, tweaking.

After about two minutes of tweaking got what i wanted. No more lag. Ran quadrant scores before i tweaked the cpu and got 3127...

Not bad imo.

After tweaking.... 3374...

I've never had a score this high. Not on gb. Not on jb. Kexec kernal. Nothing. I Getty lucky to have 3150+.

Very impressed with those rom. Great work. You've never let me down haha.

And just imagine after the phone actually "settles in"
I'm sure I'll be hitting 3400+ on quad scores. I'll try antutu and post my results.
Can't stress enough the joy this rom brought me. Haha

#1436 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:39 AM

............ Installed tweakz app and started, well, tweaking

What/Where is exactly "tweakz app" ?

#1437 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:40 AM

I never made a GB rom??? lol.. I did themes back on GB, maybe thats what you're refering to.

I'll look at the ROM when I get a moment.. I didn't intend to OC by default! haha.. but no biggie.

#1438 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:10 AM

would love the dashboard with digital battery when you get time,thanks

#1439 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:15 AM

The stock clock of 1200 is actually 1260 for some reason. No big deal though, just interesting.

Mine was overclocked by default as well, I just turned it down for battery

#1440 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:11 AM

On the Razr Maxx - Clean install to this ROM and my default clock is at 1.325 and I'm loving it! Super fluid, Good battery, and was able to restore 300+ apps via TIBU without issue thus far.

Many thanks on a wonderful ROM. PS: I came from Arctic HD - It's a fine ROM to, I was just looking for something fresh and different and the OC is a nice addition. (Just my opinion, not saying at this point which is a better ROM or not.)

Peace!

Lazer

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ics, roms, deodexed, init.d, modded

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users