Photo

[Rom] Simplex-V1.3 | Ics4.04 |10/1/2012 | The Revival!

ics roms deodexed init.d modded

• Please log in to reply
1861 replies to this topic

#1481 biggnick1968

biggnick1968

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:10 PM

You think its safe to return it

#1482 deejay1111

deejay1111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:30 PM

You think its safe to return it

That doesn't sound good. I would let it cool off and then try the resets again. As far as returning it... i couldn't tell you for sure they would be able to tell that you modified the software, i would imagine they could. I personally would not try. I know there is an inherent risk with manipulating my phone, and if something bad should happen then the fault is mine and mine alone. I really hope once it cools off it works out for you, sorry i couldn't be a bigger help. Good luck

#1483 biggnick1968

biggnick1968

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

Its OK thank you very much for trying to help I will try when I get home in the morning and see I think that was a refurmished phone I got from the insurence. Thanks again I'll let u know what happens

#1484 srzero

srzero

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationArlington

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:29 AM

Well as you can see below, I'm no longer on the RAZR. Btw just saw my member status as Droid Master....efffin sweet. Anyways, thanks for the awesome simplex Rom!!! Best one I ever used.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

31.55KB   25 downloads

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Make It Your Own

#1485 webeougher

webeougher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Twitter:webeougher
  • Google+:webeougher

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:07 AM

Honestly I'll probably remove it due to not being needed w/ safe strap.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thank you! I'll never understand the obsession with people "needing" options in ROMs that literally do nothing. Using Safe Strap, it basically automatically reboots into recovery, so there's absolutely no reason to clutter up a menu with that option.

#1486 biggnick1968

biggnick1968

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:57 AM

That doesn't sound good. I would let it cool off and then try the resets again. As far as returning it... i couldn't tell you for sure they would be able to tell that you modified the software, i would imagine they could. I personally would not try. I know there is an inherent risk with manipulating my phone, and if something bad should happen then the fault is mine and mine alone. I really hope once it cools off it works out for you, sorry i couldn't be a bigger help. Good luck

Yeah you were right it works now i guess running it overclocked overheated my razr now everything is working now .Thank you for your help. :D :D :D

#1487 dscribe

dscribe

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Twitter:dscrbnr
  • LocationCamden, AR
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:48 AM

Thank you! I'll never understand the obsession with people "needing" options in ROMs that literally do nothing. Using Safe Strap, it basically automatically reboots into recovery, so there's absolutely no reason to clutter up a menu with that option.

Well, it doesn't automatically boot into recovery, you have to hit the menu button at the right time to get into recovery when it is booting, nevertheless it is no biggie..with that I agree.

#1488 mgrimmenator

mgrimmenator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:56 AM

EmericanX: could you please describe a correct way to disable or completely remove googlenow. i prefer the normal voice search instead, it seems more accurate to me and googlenow just seems to take extra steps. thx.

#1489 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:04 AM

To remove it the easiest way would probably be just delete /system/app/velvet.apk then download google search via the play store.

#1490 SingleMalt

SingleMalt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:39 AM

The Gps for my phone on this rom and previous versions never connects or even sees a satellite for some reason
Also the previous pause and next buttons while playing music on the lockscreen are unresponsive unless i click them repeatedly

I had this problem, and tracked it down to Verizon being very bad at providing the correct time to the phone. I installed ClockSync from the Play store and solved the problem. FasterGPS is another app that does basically the same thing.
  • jon1833 likes this

#1491 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:59 AM

Yeah you were right it works now i guess running it overclocked overheated my razr now everything is working now .Thank you for your help. :D :D :D

thats what can happen with oc,so take your chance and burn up phone,not for me

#1492 jon1833

jon1833

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Michigan

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:06 AM

I had this problem, and tracked it down to Verizon being very bad at providing the correct time to the phone. I installed ClockSync from the Play store and solved the problem. FasterGPS is another app that does basically the same thing.

GPS is much faster now. Thank you.

#1493 deejay1111

deejay1111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:51 AM

Awesome, love the good news. I was feeling bad for you. Hope you slowed it down a little ha :)

#1494 quangtran1

quangtran1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:47 AM

EmericanX: could you please describe a correct way to disable or completely remove googlenow. i prefer the normal voice search instead, it seems more accurate to me and googlenow just seems to take extra steps. thx.

Post #1469 & #1489.

#1495 webeougher

webeougher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Twitter:webeougher
  • Google+:webeougher

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:40 AM

Hey Emerican, I didn't notice it until now (only been running 1.3 for about 30 hours or so), but if you press home and use "Home Screen" as your default launcher, you can use the Circles widget and Favorite Contacts widgets, which were the only two things I was missing from this rom. Excellent work, as always. Thank you.

#1496 admiralriker

admiralriker

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

I did a wipe of 1.2 and then installed 1.3. I am completely missing the dialer and people app. Not sure what's up. Any help please?

#1497 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:02 PM

Flash again... something didn't flash correctly.

#1498 milkshed27

milkshed27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:10 PM

I'm really digging the UI transperancy. It gives the ROM a very polished look. Battery life after 3 days is very good. Great job as always.
If we question our own actions, our thought process, make a conscious decision to what we feel is right every single day, that's what I believe to be Divinity. That's true Shamanism.

#1499 milkshed27

milkshed27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:14 PM

Got my lockscreen hooked up as well. Woot!

Attached Files

If we question our own actions, our thought process, make a conscious decision to what we feel is right every single day, that's what I believe to be Divinity. That's true Shamanism.

#1500 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

The transparent ui is actually something I've wanted to do for awhile! Started back when I was building themes for the Bionic but never really followed through. Figured I needed to update Simplex and I wanted to clean up the theme... why not!? Lol. It's great that I'm getting such great feedback on it because I personally love it! Lol

• milkshed27 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ics, roms, deodexed, init.d, modded

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users