Photo

[Rom] Simplex-V1.3 | Ics4.04 |10/1/2012 | The Revival!

ics roms deodexed init.d modded

• Please log in to reply
1861 replies to this topic

#1441 RoWilJr

RoWilJr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationIL
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy SIII

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:15 AM

Ive been running 1.3 since released and havent had a single issue, fc, freeze or reboot,... running oc'd with extra modules.... battery life is awesome!! Top notch rom! Thanks!!

Bingo^^^^ Same here...
  • captmilk likes this

#1442 SingleMalt

SingleMalt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:27 AM

Nice work E. I've been running this ROM for months now without any issue, and have been on 1.3 for about 24 hours. Great work, no issues with the 1.3 release. Looking forward to getting my circle-battery-indicator and blacked out apps back!

#1443 patrickhorton22

patrickhorton22

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Twitter:patrickhorton22

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:44 AM

What/Where is exactly "tweakz app" ?

The one that comes in the oc an extra modules post in the development section. Its on this website. A must have for anybody with stock.kernal and wants custom oc.maddness. Even works on aokp and cm 10 stock roms.

And i think im thinking of infex. I used yor themes haha. Undervolted this beast today and its running fine. Im getting alot of random blank screens. For example, switching apps a blank screen comes up where its just back ground... Isnt really effecting anything but making me nuts haha.

#1444 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:01 AM

The one that comes in the oc an extra modules post in the development section. Its on this website. A must have for anybody with stock.kernal and wants custom oc.maddness. Even works on aokp and cm 10 stock roms.

And i think im thinking of infex. I used yor themes haha. Undervolted this beast today and its running fine. Im getting alot of random blank screens. For example, switching apps a blank screen comes up where its just back ground... Isnt really effecting anything but making me nuts haha.

I've searched and searched and this is the best I could come up with:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

And it doesnt' seem to be what you are talking about?

#1445 justinkurey

justinkurey

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:40 AM

This might be a stupid question but I've rooted my phone and flashed almost all of the custom ROMS available on the droid razr maxx and i was just wondering if there is any method of returning the device to stock .211 such as using Matt's 1.81 utility that will allow me to get OTA updates? Basically in a nut shell i'm asking that when i return my device to stock .211 using the utility will i get OTA's?

#1446 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:30 AM

This might be a stupid question but I've rooted my phone and flashed almost all of the custom ROMS available on the droid razr maxx and i was just wondering if there is any method of returning the device to stock .211 such as using Matt's 1.81 utility that will allow me to get OTA updates? Basically in a nut shell i'm asking that when i return my device to stock .211 using the utility will i get OTA's?

Yes. Using the utility will put you back to stock, unrooted, and you should be able to take OTAs. I've done this with all OTAs that we have gotten to make sure it works ans have yet to have a issue. After I've rebooted from using the utility I always do a factory reset as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#1447 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

Love the rom..but Google now is killing my battery, how do I disable it? What is it's file name? And if I decide to delete it altogether, will this affect any other apps?
Hey bub, I'm not finished with you yet..... SKNIT!!

#1448 RoWilJr

RoWilJr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationIL
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy SIII

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

Will the battery mods for v1.2 work with v1.3?

#1449 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

Will the battery mods for v1.2 work with v1.3?

I believe some have flashed them successfully..
  • RoWilJr likes this
Hey bub, I'm not finished with you yet..... SKNIT!!

#1450 quangtran1

quangtran1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:09 AM

Love the rom..but Google now is killing my battery, how do I disable it? What is it's file name? And if I decide to delete it altogether, will this affect any other apps?

You can disable different options in Google Now settings to see what's killing your battery. I myself would be lost without GN. I last on average 34 hours on the Maxx. By the way, velvet.apk is the GN app.
  • weaponx likes this

#1451 Boarder277

Boarder277

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

I don't know if anybody else experienced this but I flashed the ROM with no issues, it booted up and I set it up normally....then I booted back into safe strap, wiped cache and Dalvik cache and flashed the All in One Inverted Gapps...and the phone got stuck on the boot animation for 30 minutes...wouldn't finish booting up

Anybody else have this problem or know what I might have done wrong? Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#1452 prstorero

prstorero

SuperThemerDevGuy

• Developer
  • 838 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

I don't know if anybody else experienced this but I flashed the ROM with no issues, it booted up and I set it up normally....then I booted back into safe strap, wiped cache and Dalvik cache and flashed the All in One Inverted Gapps...and the phone got stuck on the boot animation for 30 minutes...wouldn't finish booting up

I think the rom and gapps needs to be flashed back to back before doing the first boot.

#1453 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:18 AM

I can tell you you're not imagining it. Lol. It has to do with the modified framework. Essentially what you're referring to is a blank screen that shows just the wallpaper. That typically would be just a blank black screen which you would in fact have regardless. The reason you're seeing it now is because I've modified the framework for the semitransparent effect.

#1454 logan3824

logan3824

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas. GO TEXANS!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:23 AM

Hey man, i installed the newest and decreased the speed to 1.2ghz for battery. I was running quadrant under hotplugx and sio and i noticed that the fps on the animations were unreasonably low....Is there anyway to increase that?

#1455 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:27 AM

As I haven't flashed the inverted gapps zip I couldn't tell you right off what the issue could be. You shouldn't have to flash the gapps package at the same time although I would recommend at least a cache wipe. I would first check to make sure that the inverted gapps you're flashing is up to date. I updated gapps before release.

On a side note: I personally typically don't theme apps that will update via the market. Either you can break the signature so they fail update and you're stuck with an out of date app... or you keep the signature in tact and a market update wipes the theme lol...

#1456 sankyou

sankyou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:27 AM

If, for some reason, you want to remove Google Now and return to how you were before, flash the following zip. It removes all Google Now files, and returns the original Google Search app and voice files, as well as sets permissions for the Search app. Make sure to uninstall talkback and then reinstall it once you reboot to get voice search working again.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

This is from the Google Now thread on XDA. I've used this zip before successfully but only after flashing MikeyXDA first. Still the process would be the same I think. I'm surprised you're having issues though. This ROM has the best battery life of any I've used and I'm running overclocked. I typically run stock or lower speeds and get far less life out of my Maxx. My phone had 76% remaining when I plugged it in last night - so good...

#1457 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

Hey man, i installed the newest and decreased the speed to 1.2ghz for battery. I was running quadrant under hotplugx and sio and i noticed that the fps on the animations were unreasonably low....Is there anyway to increase that?

Don't trust quadrant... ;-)
I run it once in awhile but its never consistent enough to put any faith in it. I can only offer that my FPS are usually between 55 to 65 with peaks up to 74 and lows around 30... that should give an indication of the inconsistencies...

• srzero likes this

#1458 srzero

srzero

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationArlington

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:48 AM

did you get a pm from me? X
Make It Your Own

#1459 dscribe

dscribe

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Twitter:dscrbnr
  • LocationCamden, AR
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:53 AM

While this is in no way a game changer or joy killer for me, I thought I would mention that the reboot to custom recovery option on the advanced power menu is not working for me. Is everything on the menu supposed to already be fully operational, or are we waiting for kexec support on the rom for that? Just curious. Or maybe I'm the only one having this issue. Let me know.

#1460 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

While this is in no way a game changer or joy killer for me, I thought I would mention that the reboot to custom recovery option on the advanced power menu is not working for me. Is everything on the menu supposed to already be fully operational, or are we waiting for kexec support on the rom for that? Just curious. Or maybe I'm the only one having this issue. Let me know.

I did get your pm and thought I replied.. I'll double back and check though. Thanks again! Looks great..

I am aware of that issue. Honestly I'll probably remove it due to not being needed w/ safe strap.

• dscribe likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ics, roms, deodexed, init.d, modded

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)