Photo

[Rom] Simplex-V1.3 | Ics4.04 |10/1/2012 | The Revival!

ics roms deodexed init.d modded

• Please log in to reply
1861 replies to this topic

#1461 srzero

srzero

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationArlington

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:01 PM

While this is in no way a game changer or joy killer for me, I thought I would mention that the reboot to custom recovery option on the advanced power menu is not working for me. Is everything on the menu supposed to already be fully operational, or are we waiting for kexec support on the rom for that? Just curious. Or maybe I'm the only one having this issue. Let me know.

wow almost the same avatar....awkward :)
Make It Your Own

#1462 srzero

srzero

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationArlington

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

dont have to, just wanted to see if you got it....
Make It Your Own

#1463 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

Lol! Yeah you two got me with that one!! Haha.. I'm a little preoccupied

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#1464 hensonlf

hensonlf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

Is there a way to use the volume button to skip songs when the screen is off? Also, is there a setting to allow holding the back hard button to kill app?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#1465 mgrimmenator

mgrimmenator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

If, for some reason, you want to remove Google Now and return to how you were before, flash the following zip. It removes all Google Now files, and returns the original Google Search app and voice files, as well as sets permissions for the Search app. Make sure to uninstall talkback and then reinstall it once you reboot to get voice search working again.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

This is from the Google Now thread on XDA. I've used this zip before successfully but only after flashing MikeyXDA first. Still the process would be the same I think. I'm surprised you're having issues though. This ROM has the best battery life of any I've used and I'm running overclocked. I typically run stock or lower speeds and get far less life out of my Maxx. My phone had 76% remaining when I plugged it in last night - so good...

crap i tried this and now can't install the talkback app. i get errors saying it would have different userid then other apps installed. and now can't make phonecalls cuz it saying something about can't make call fdn crap. i gonna have to reload this rom now.

#1466 milkshed27

milkshed27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:30 PM

Is there a way to use the volume button to skip songs when the screen is off? Also, is there a setting to allow holding the back hard button to kill app?

I'd love to know about skipping songs with the volume key as well. I use my phone so much for music throughout the day so it's an extremely useful feature for me. In the mean time I'm using an app called Tactile Player from the Play Store. It's nowhere near as elegant as the way it's implemented on CM or AOKP but it gets the job done.
If we question our own actions, our thought process, make a conscious decision to what we feel is right every single day, that's what I believe to be Divinity. That's true Shamanism.

#1467 dscribe

dscribe

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Twitter:dscrbnr
  • LocationCamden, AR
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

wow almost the same avatar....awkward :)

Agreed. While I like my avatar, I'm not so crazy over it that I can't find another to avoid the confusion. So, that's what I'll do as soon as I find something I like as a replacement. :)

#1468 rickyfelten

rickyfelten

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

hi guys, i really like the rom however i have a few issues and was wondering if anyone else has these problems.

The Gps for my phone on this rom and previous versions never connects or even sees a satellite for some reason
Also the previous pause and next buttons while playing music on the lockscreen are unresponsive unless i click them repeatedly

other then that i really like the rom and it works great

#1469 quangtran1

quangtran1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

crap i tried this and now can't install the talkback app. i get errors saying it would have different userid then other apps installed. and now can't make phonecalls cuz it saying something about can't make call fdn crap. i gonna have to reload this rom now.

I had a strong feeling that's what would happen. It would be straightforward to delete velvet.apk and re-install Google Search from the Play store, then reboot.

#1470 biggnick1968

biggnick1968

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

I love this rom ,on my phone for amost a month now and no problems.battery life is great,i listen to music and steam music at work and dont even have to recharge the phone till i get into the car.i only have one problem i use the jabra bt2020 bluetooth and when i press the voice command it keeps telling me didnt catch that.but other than that . THIS ROM IS GREAT I LOVE IT! Great work EmericanX i will buy you a case of beer or milk whichever u want.

#1471 mgrimmenator

mgrimmenator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

I had a strong feeling that's what would happen. It would be straightforward to delete velvet.apk and re-install Google Search from the Play store, then reboot.

so no way to fix without reinstall? and can i just wipe caches and flash over top of this existing rom since i just restoring it back?

#1472 DigiDevin

DigiDevin

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

this is 1 of the most stable and fluent roms I've ever tried. thank you for all of your hard work with this, it absolutely shows. the update has given significant improvements. just wanted to say thanks and keep up the awesome work

#1473 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

so no way to fix without reinstall? and can i just wipe caches and flash over top of this existing rom since i just restoring it back?

If you're already on the rom just having issues from the zip you flashed over.. just flash the rom again.. no further wipe needed. Plus the cache is automatically wiped during flash.

#1474 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

hi guys, i really like the rom however i have a few issues and was wondering if anyone else has these problems.

The Gps for my phone on this rom and previous versions never connects or even sees a satellite for some reason
Also the previous pause and next buttons while playing music on the lockscreen are unresponsive unless i click them repeatedly

other then that i really like the rom and it works great

Very odd. Mine connects fine. I haven't touched a thing gps related however that means there could be room for improvement! ;-)

#1475 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

Sorry. This isnt a source based rom. Therefore incorporating features like that become difficult to bring in. Not saying it cant be done... just it would be a feat!

#1476 mgrimmenator

mgrimmenator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

If you're already on the rom just having issues from the zip you flashed over.. just flash the rom again.. no further wipe needed. Plus the cache is automatically wiped during flash.

thx, but didn't work. i couldn't even do a full wipe and reinstall. it's totally screwed for some reason. i can boot into the unsafe side to the orig stock rom. i gonna delete the safe strap safe side and replace it with the orig one. then boot into safestrap and switch over to safeside do a full wipe and complete reinstall and see if that works else i'm totally stuck and will have to do a complete restore back to factory and start all over. i guess running that zip and the removal of that talkback app has totally screwed this phone up.

[UPDATE] phone is totally screwed. i can't get any custom rom to install. i have even uninstall safestrap and reinstall it. i deleted the safestrap folder with backups orig, and safe stuff too just to make sure all that got recreated. tried everything i could thing of and could not install this rom again. i am not ap fastboot back to complete stock rom and starting all over again. thx for the wonderful advice about using that googlenow removal script, it worked wonders, lol. :(

#1477 biggnick1968

biggnick1968

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

Oh no I was running my razor over locked for 2days and now I'm at work and it just died just shut off and won't go back in ...anything I can do other than return it please help

#1478 deejay1111

deejay1111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

Oh no I was running my razor over locked for 2days and now I'm at work and it just died just shut off and won't go back in ...anything I can do other than return it please help

Have you tried a simulated battery pull? ( hold power button and vol down for like 20 seconds, then try powering back on) If that doesnt work you can try a hard reset (see link)

#1479 biggnick1968

biggnick1968

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

Have you tried a simulated battery pull? ( hold power button and vol down for like 20 seconds, then try powering back on) If that doesnt work you can try a hard reset (see link)

. No it didn't work thanks for the tip the phone is warm where u plug the charger at and I can smell that smell when u fry electronic stuff

#1480 biggnick1968

biggnick1968

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

I got the first Gen razor

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ics, roms, deodexed, init.d, modded

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users