Photo

Black Widow ICS ([6.16.214 ROM]) 9/4/2012

Deodexed Zipaligned 214 Based ICS 4.0.4 CDMA Dark Droid Spyder RAZR/MAXX ICS-leak compatible

• Please log in to reply
823 replies to this topic

#461 quadjacks

quadjacks

THE 4 of us!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Twitter:@quadjacks
  • LocationFort Drum, NY
  • Current Device(s):Maxx HD

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:09 PM

Kinda right, kinda wrong...

THIS thread is for BW based off of Moto ICS stock with some AOSP apps included and most of the blur stripped.

The other 2 you are correct. They are CM9 based and AOKP based roms

Thanks for the corrected info!
Any FAA meetings in my area? Flash Addicts Anonymous~God is Luv~

#462 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:20 PM

your both pretty much correct. This ROM is based from moto ics 214, deodexed, zipaligned, blur removed... replaced in some aosp apps that are better imo, themed dark as $!#7, debloated.. everything working (- blur apps),

and my Aosp thread containing Aokp and Cm9... are much more customizable, and being based on open source they are much better on battery but have a few issues the moto based roms dont have. (webtop/hdmi). :ph34r:

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#463 quadjacks

quadjacks

THE 4 of us!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Twitter:@quadjacks
  • LocationFort Drum, NY
  • Current Device(s):Maxx HD

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:32 PM

Has anybody been able to replace BW's Exchange's apk successfully? (instead of using K-9) If so, can you please post how you fixed it? Thanks

I did a search for the term Exchange, I haven't seen any new chatter on how this was fixed... Unfortunately, you may have to be the guinea pig...lol :( and attempt andlaws suggestion!
  • mugsy77 likes this
Any FAA meetings in my area? Flash Addicts Anonymous~God is Luv~

#464 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:32 PM

its the same for all my roms, and listed in OP under installation. Flash the ROM, boot up, do device setup (in this roms case you have to skip due to a FC), and then you will reboot back into recovery, wipe cache and wipe dalvik, flash darkgapps and reboot! then Play and Talk will be dark like the rest of the ROM (minus the calendar). :ph34r: **If you flash them both in the same session, Play will not allow you to purchase apps and Talk will not even work.*

what if I don't want the dark apps? If I don't flash dark gapps, are regular apps included in the rom?
Hey bub, I'm not finished with you yet..... SKNIT!!

#465 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:40 PM

what if I don't want the dark apps? If I don't flash dark gapps, are regular apps included in the rom?

umm, not sure how old that post is, but if you read the OP there is no longer DarkGapps. And if you dont like dark $!#7, this rom is not for you... because its the darkest available for the razr. :ph34r:

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

#466 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:45 PM

I did a search for the term Exchange, I haven't seen any new chatter on how this was fixed... Unfortunately, you may have to be the guinea pig...lol and attempt andlaws suggestion!

I didn't have time today to do it, however I will try it tomorrow.

Here's the apk I have if anybody wants to try it tonight:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Edit: Hell, I'll restore my nandroid and try it now I guess lol
  • mugsy77 likes this

#467 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:56 PM

umm, not sure how old that post is, but if you read the OP there is no longer DarkGapps. And if you dont like dark $!#7, this rom is not for you... because its the darkest available for the razr. :ph34r:

It's not that I don't like the dark gapps, I just remember that on some of your other roms, dark gapps were flashed separately if users wanted a truly dark experience. So I'm just asking if this was the case again..I'm not rooted at the moment..Ive been on the hunt for a DD Rom based on .211 cause I'm not updating to a leak yet. I like roms based on official ICS releases...less issues. Thanks. THIS LOOKS TIGHT..
Hey bub, I'm not finished with you yet..... SKNIT!!

#468 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:58 PM

Looks like Exchange is a no go still... I'll keep messing with it

Sent from my DROID SPYDER
  • mugsy77 likes this

#469 nightwatcher

nightwatcher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:58 PM

Delete or rename them in /system/app or use an app like Rom Toolbox to freeze

I normally use titanium backup to freeze... after going into /system/app... dawned on me... if look for the icon not just the name it might help... and it did... I was able to find and freeze the apps I was looking for... thanks for your response... helped...

#470 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

It's not that I don't like the dark gapps, I just remember that on some of your other roms, dark gapps were flashed separately if users wanted a truly dark experience. So I'm just asking if this was the case again..I'm not rooted at the moment..Ive been on the hunt for a DD Rom based on .211 cause I'm not updating to a leak yet. I like roms based on official ICS releases...less issues. Thanks. THIS LOOKS TIGHT..

shoots! ya the rom is dark from the flash, only optional flash is darkgtalk. :wub:

Posted Image

#471 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:32 AM

:ph34r:

Posted Image

#472 vols4life

vols4life

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:00 AM

Gonna test this now andlaw. Report back with results.

moved to system/app fixed permissions rebooted and nothing. Gonna check my download real quick and make sure it wasn't bad then retry and report back. Aight tried again and still nothing. I'm on 24v's theme don't know if that has anything to do with it, or maybe you need to move all the apps to system app i'm not real sure just giving feedback. I'm going to try and install it like an app and see if that works since fixing permissions and rebooting didn't work.

Edited by shocka2430, 31 July 2012 - 03:14 AM.

#473 vaze159

vaze159

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:20 AM

lol thanks for answering my questions with false truths. this is based off stock so no you shouldnt have data drops. some have reported the 3g/4g icons disappearing and then reappear (215 kernel), i have not experienced any bugs... and if you are thats fine, but to say the rom has data drops in response to his question is not true lol. so please dont answer it like you know its a known problem or something. thanks.

well sorry about that lol. but for me and other people on here it is a known problem, just saying. not everyone has the issue but some do which makes it an actual problem that is there because something obviously causes this. I am one included in this problem. And I never said the ROM as a whole has data drops, please read more carefully next time. I said if you are .215 you will (based off of my experiences) maybe i should have included that sorry about that. thanks

#474 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:45 AM

Gonna test this now andlaw. Report back with results.

moved to system/app fixed permissions rebooted and nothing. Gonna check my download real quick and make sure it wasn't bad then retry and report back. Aight tried again and still nothing. I'm on 24v's theme don't know if that has anything to do with it, or maybe you need to move all the apps to system app i'm not real sure just giving feedback. I'm going to try and install it like an app and see if that works since fixing permissions and rebooting didn't work.

You have to apply the theme also. It will not just apply the icons upon boot. Go to Settings/apex settings/theme settings. Then click on the BWicons and click apply.

#475 vols4life

vols4life

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:57 AM

Your the man 24v. That's what did it lol.
  • andlaw likes this

#476 thefuzz

thefuzz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:21 AM

I know I'm missing something reallysimple, but: I can not get this: " Open your system/media directory for custom launcher icons (using apex, long press on the app, edit, change icon)" to work with the .png files that are stored in system/media or other locations.

When I hit edit in Apex, it only allows me to choose icon packs that are some of my old ones, but does not "find" the "bw" icons. It also only allows me to choose .jpg files. What am I missing?

#477 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:24 AM

fuzz-
Download the apk
Using a file manager move it to /system/app
change the permissions to rw, r, r
reboot phone.
goto the settings menu
then into apex settings
then theme settings
Click on BWIcons
click on apply
  • andlaw likes this

#478 alexh037

alexh037

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationWoodland Hills, CA

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:49 AM

Followed the instructions and worked perfect thank u for such a cool icon pack. Only prob i noticed is that catch notes icon didnt get themed even though i do see the blacked out icon for it in the icon pack. Thanks again!

#479 thefuzz

thefuzz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:47 AM

fuzz-
Download the apk
Using a file manager move it to /system/app
change the permissions to rw, r, r
reboot phone.
goto the settings menu
then into apex settings
then theme settings
Click on BWIcons
click on apply

No go for me. Could it be that I used Titanium Backup to restore a version of Apex Launcher and that is why it is not working? When I go to Apex settings, theme settings; There is no option for BWicons.

The .apk does show in /system/app and the file is set to r/w

#480 twith70

twith70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:12 AM

I am running the .214 kernel and getting decent battery life. I am not a poweruser and seem to lose 5% battery over an hour or so with checking texts and email manually. I usually leave the data, wifi and GPS off while at work since well, I am at work. How has the battery life been for those running this rom? I like the looks of it and with Blue Frost in the works it looks promising. So, how about some reports or screenshots of examples of battery life with this ROM? I forgot to add this is on an Regular RAZR. I also put the network to CDMA only as 4G in my area is not really up to snuff yet.

Edited by twith70, 31 July 2012 - 11:15 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Deodexed, Zipaligned, 214 Based, ICS 4.0.4, CDMA, Dark Droid Spyder, RAZR/MAXX, ICS-leak compatible

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users