Photo

Black Widow ICS ([6.16.214 ROM]) 9/4/2012

Deodexed Zipaligned 214 Based ICS 4.0.4 CDMA Dark Droid Spyder RAZR/MAXX ICS-leak compatible

• Please log in to reply
823 replies to this topic

#481 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

No go for me. Could it be that I used Titanium Backup to restore a version of Apex Launcher and that is why it is not working? When I go to Apex settings, theme settings; There is no option for BWicons.

The .apk does show in /system/app and the file is set to r/w

I'm not sure as I don't use titanium backup. There is no need for Apex, as it is able to be backed up within the program. I don't think it should matter though.
You say you have the permissions set to r/w, just to be clear, it should look like below.

User R W
Group R
Other R

Only user should be r/w, the rest should be just r.
If you are following the instructions I gave you to a "t" and it still does not work, then I am not sure how else to help. Maybe I can put it into a flashable zip. I will look into that when I get home.

#482 thefuzz

thefuzz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:27 AM

Thanks my friend, I will take a look at it. Have to say, in loving this ROM though! Especially the themed Swype keyboard!

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#483 CGrugger

CGrugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Google+:johndpackard
  • LocationBoston

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:21 PM

I am running the .214 kernel and getting decent battery life. I am not a poweruser and seem to lose 5% battery over an hour or so with checking texts and email manually. I usually leave the data, wifi and GPS off while at work since well, I am at work. How has the battery life been for those running this rom? I like the looks of it and with Blue Frost in the works it looks promising. So, how about some reports or screenshots of examples of battery life with this ROM? I forgot to add this is on an Regular RAZR. I also put the network to CDMA only as 4G in my area is not really up to snuff yet.

I am at 79% at 5h and 24min. that is with checking texts and emails with data on. I went on a 40 minute run where I had Pandora playing and used GPS to track my run. I would say it is pretty decent, I am on the Regular Razr as well.
Droid Razr on Verizon

#484 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:27 PM

:ph34r:

Edited by andlaw, 31 July 2012 - 08:44 PM.
removed as an fixed/update is available

#485 D Stave

D Stave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:18 PM

your both pretty much correct. This ROM is based from moto ics 214, deodexed, zipaligned, blur removed... replaced in some aosp apps that are better imo, themed dark as $!#7, debloated.. everything working (- blur apps),

and my Aosp thread containing Aokp and Cm9... are much more customizable, and being based on open source they are much better on battery but have a few issues the moto based roms dont have. (webtop/hdmi). :ph34r:

Is AOKP still having any issues with data drops? Sorry, I've been razrless for a while now (should have one back in a week or two.

#486 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:19 PM

Is AOKP still having any issues with data drops? Sorry, I've been razrless for a while now (should have one back in a week or two.

this isnt my thread for Aokp. but no, it runs great! data drops are a thing of the past my friend.....................................

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#487 thefuzz

thefuzz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:08 PM

So I have been on this most of the day now and so far I love it. The theming is great. South ROM and send Very very fast. I got all my email accounts to load without issue including my work email (not exchange) which is usually very difficult to get working on ROM's.

One weird thing, my quadrant score is VERY low, life 2300. My antututu score when last I ran it was.6105, so that was good.

#488 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:11 PM

So I have been on this most of the day now and so far I love it. The theming is great. South ROM and send Very very fast. I got all my email accounts to load without issue including my work email (not exchange) which is usually very difficult to get working on ROM's.

One weird thing, my quadrant score is VERY low, life 2300. My antututu score when last I ran it was.6105, so that was good.

sounds like it wasnt on 1.2ghz for the entire test. Stock with no tweaks applied after flashing BW 214, you will get 3050 in Quadrant, and 6300 in Antutu. ..

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

#489 twith70

twith70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:04 PM

I have heard that some people were having issues with CPU sleeper affecting their benchmark scores. One of the cores would hang up or be slow to wake up from being off. I am hesitant to use it for this reason and the fact it seems hotplug governor does essentially the same thing. Seems a little redundant to me.

#490 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:07 PM

I have heard that some people were having issues with CPU sleeper affecting their benchmark scores. One of the cores would hang up or be slow to wake up from being off. I am hesitant to use it for this reason and the fact it seems hotplug governor does essentially the same thing. Seems a little redundant to me.

yeah, well not everyone is changing out governors/IO scheduler, so CPU sleeper still comes in handy. .. :ph34r:

Posted Image

#491 thefuzz

thefuzz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

yeah, well not everyone is changing out governors/IO scheduler, so CPU sleeper still comes in handy. ..

I do have sleeper working and the CPU set to hot plug.

#492 twith70

twith70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:42 PM

I do agree andlaw, was just offering a possible reason for the low benchmark..keep up the good work with the ROM's B).
  • andlaw likes this

#493 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:01 PM

here is the list, again.....
So now you all know what exactly is in the BWicons! btw i am done with development for a while. enjoy whats available.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

525.26KB   11 downloads
  • bradenfontaine likes this

Posted Image

#494 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:09 PM

Thanks for what you've done and. This rom gets amazing battery life. I have almost 2 hours of screen on and 13 hours of uptime, with quite a few calls and the battery is still over 70%.
I'm running this rom on 215 with 1951.
I wonder how much the lack of color contributes.
  • andlaw and bradenfontaine like this

#495 D Stave

D Stave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

this isnt my thread for Aokp. but no, it runs great! data drops are a thing of the past my friend.....................................

My sincerest apologies. After I get my student loans, I think I'll make a donation to you for the mishap :). (I've always liked yours and eclipse rom the best).

#496 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

here is the list, again.....
So now you all know what exactly is in the BWicons! btw i am done with development for a while. enjoy whats available.

525.26KB   11 downloads

Dude...you serious..? I understand that this coding and developing and testing takes a very long time. Time that could be spent with family or friends...or just out mountain biking..So take a much deserved break..but not too long! The community needs ya! Thanks for your time and efforts...and for your killer roms...freaking awesome..
  • andlaw likes this
Hey bub, I'm not finished with you yet..... SKNIT!!

#497 thefuzz

thefuzz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:25 PM

Dude...you serious..? I understand that this coding and developing and testing takes a very long time. Time that could be spent with family or friends...or just out mountain biking..So take a much deserved break..but not too long! The community needs ya! Thanks for your time and efforts...and for your killer roms...freaking awesome..

+1 on that! Your work is much appreciated, you do such great work!

• andlaw likes this

#498 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

[[

]] ::
  • download, go to your sdcard/download directory, and install BWicons
  • now to use the Icons, open Apex settings,Theme settings, and enable BWicons Icon/wallpapers

This is what it looks like: BWicons. ..
Posted Image

I would also like to give a big Thanks to

for all the work put into coding the icon package! $!#7s not as easy as dropping in some images and calling it done, Mahalo brah!!

Posted Image

#499 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/104359749772570760296
  • LocationSolana Beach, CA (i.e., San Diego)

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:16 PM

Looks like Exchange is a no go still... I'll keep messing with it

Sent from my DROID SPYDER

If it's just for school (ie not some security issue or corp policy thing, hopefully), can you set up the Exchange account on your computer or on school computer, then have your mail forwarded to a non-Exchange address so you get real-time delivery to your RAZR? Any replies you make would have the alternate email in the header, so a no-go if that's an issue. Otherwise, it's an alternative. I'm suggesting it based on my own experience a few months ago, spending hours looking for a decent alternative that doesn't involve recurring fees. From what I've seen, android and exchange don't get along well at all, unless you drop some coin. And that's independent of ROM you choose, as far as I can tell.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
If you PM me here, I'll get it eventually, but I'm constantly on the move. If you need to reach me more quickly, email me at stealthmouse@gmail.com and add DroidRZR PERSONAL MESSAGE to subject line. Thanks!

#500 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/104359749772570760296
  • LocationSolana Beach, CA (i.e., San Diego)

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:18 PM

[[

]] ::
  • download, go to your sdcard/download directory, and install BWicons
  • now to use the Icons, open Apex settings,Theme settings, and enable BWicons Icon/wallpapers
This is what it looks like: BWicons. ..
::posted image::

I would also like to give a big Thanks to

for all the work put into coding the icon package! $!#7s not as easy as dropping in some images and calling it done, Mahalo brah!!

Andlaw,

All your ROMs f'in rawk, dude! Good luck with the regular job, don't stay away too long. Mahalo, aloha.....

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
  • andlaw likes this
If you PM me here, I'll get it eventually, but I'm constantly on the move. If you need to reach me more quickly, email me at stealthmouse@gmail.com and add DroidRZR PERSONAL MESSAGE to subject line. Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Deodexed, Zipaligned, 214 Based, ICS 4.0.4, CDMA, Dark Droid Spyder, RAZR/MAXX, ICS-leak compatible

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users