Photo

Black Widow ICS ([6.16.214 ROM]) 9/4/2012

Deodexed Zipaligned 214 Based ICS 4.0.4 CDMA Dark Droid Spyder RAZR/MAXX ICS-leak compatible

• Please log in to reply
823 replies to this topic

#521 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/104359749772570760296
  • LocationSolana Beach, CA (i.e., San Diego)

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:24 AM

My experience with this rom, after 3 days, has been terrific. Even overclocked, battery has been decent.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

Well, I was minding my own business, running around with my tweaked red/black widow phone, on which I mixed up black and red icons, black and red wallpapers, keep changing boot animations, etc., just so I can annoy people by making them look at my obviously awesomely good and wonderful device, which though black/red, they can tell intuitively will likely blind them with its spyderly ways.

Lo and behold, my 4G, released from the shackles of my home's sucky 4G reception, was giving a super-solid red beacon, so I had to hit that speedtest. And this was despite being in my car, in a place where the coppers like to hang out - all for the joy I was about to behold. Oh, and for the DROIDRZR community too, of course :P . I can now confirm, with utmost confidence, that my 4G LTE, when it locks on a signal, is faster than my Cox broadband. Not to mention, it's slippery smooth. Been moving some stuff around on it, but in the 6,300 range on AnTuTu without overclocking, though I have jacked my external card a bit. Battery life is better, too, though I'm more concerned that it runs smoothly and can outrun a Porsche and any Apple product.

But we were talking about 4G LTE, weren't we? Behold the red/black spyder beast...

BTW, it says 3G in the bar because that's what it was when I actually took the screenshot a few minutes after the test, but you can see lte listed as network for the actual test.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

66.51KB   4 downloads
  • bradenfontaine likes this
If you PM me here, I'll get it eventually, but I'm constantly on the move. If you need to reach me more quickly, email me at stealthmouse@gmail.com and add DroidRZR PERSONAL MESSAGE to subject line. Thanks!

#522 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

found this in the market. Paid the $. 99 and the panorama works fine.

panorama works just fine. that post was over a month ago and the issue has been fixed. but ICS+ is great for AOSP... the blurcamera that is in the ROM now is better tho for this ROM imo..

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#523 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:06 PM

where the hell are u getting that md5 from. look in my op, ur not even trying to download the correct file. so no wonder u cant find a link.........

well after going back and looking through, i see your looking at post #104.... which is not where your going to find the ROM. download files are always going to be found in the OP. and since you prolly dont know what that is, its the Original Post.. post #1. you will have no problems finding the files and information necessary to flash this ROM on your CDMA RAZR in that post.

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

#524 bradenfontaine

bradenfontaine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Google+:bradenfontaine@gmail.com
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:18 PM

I love you andlaw (no homo) as a dev.

• andlaw likes this

#525 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:40 PM

I love you andlaw (no homo) as a dev.

hehe, thanks man. Glad you are enjoying Black Widow! B)

Posted Image

#526 srzero

srzero

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationArlington

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:04 PM

well after going back and looking through, i see your looking at post #104.... which is not where your going to find the ROM. download files are always going to be found in the OP. and since you prolly dont know what that is, its the Original Post.. post #1. you will have no problems finding the files and information necessary to flash this ROM on your CDMA RAZR in that post.

thanks man. Ur best dev, there's a reason my status is noob

Make It Your Own

#527 gun slayer

gun slayer

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:27 PM

does this ROM have the ability to link the ringer and notification volumes?

on my stock razr the ringer and notification volumes are seperate and not linkable.

#528 srzero

srzero

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationArlington

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

So I got the Rom on my phone and all I have to say is wow. Normally my batterybwould be down 10-15% after 30 minutes of use... as I type this the check just went away and it dropped to 99%. Great job, and thanks for having the patience to work with my problem. Update 8/5-full signal bars, I haven't seen those I'm awhilePosted Image

Make It Your Own

#529 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

does this ROM have the ability to link the ringer and notification volumes?

on my stock razr the ringer and notification volumes are seperate and not linkable.

No ROM that is stock based will have this option. The ones that do are CM9 / AOKP / CM10 based ROMs.

#530 bradenfontaine

bradenfontaine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:10 PM

Been showing off the 1951 theme and have converted a few folks. Simplicity is key.

Posted Image

#531 fo4imtippin

fo4imtippin

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:09 PM

What live wallpaper is that?

#532 bradenfontaine

bradenfontaine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:43 AM

Would be nice if it were live, but it's not sadly

#533 thefuzz

thefuzz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:57 PM

Today was probably my first day in a long time that I have used this ROM as most people do, in other words, moderate use, text, phone (a little) data in moderaton etc. I am at 39% after 23 hours off battery, that is great to me!!!

Great ROM, well done!!!!
  • andlaw likes this

#534 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

Up and running

#535 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:58 PM

Blue Widow re-released!!!

• bradenfontaine likes this

#536 bradenfontaine

bradenfontaine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:32 PM

I really think we need another update to this rom. There's nothing wrong with it I just miss having updates.

sent from the fingers of a madman

#537 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:23 PM

I really think we need another update to this rom. There's nothing wrong with it I just miss having updates.

sent from the fingers of a madman

you are a madman, haha. I will only do an update when its necessary. Everything is running great... if i notice an error/problem and i can replicate it, then i will make changes and release something, but its running pretty damn good over here so as momma always said, cant fix something that aint broke. lol :ph34r:

who knows though. ..

Posted Image

#538 Spirotot

Spirotot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Twitter:Spirotot

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:16 AM

Andlaw,

Been rocking this ROM for a few days now, and loving it! Incredible battery life... Had about 6 hours of screen time over the course of 2 days, and had about 10% battery left when I plugged in before going to sleep. That's phenomenal (I have a Maxx).

Only problem (which may not be with the ROM, but I'm not sure) is that the past two days, I no longer get 4G... and 3G will drop every once and a while. I've tried running the Moto Connectivity Tool, installed from the Market, but it crashes upon running, and doesn't seem to make a difference.

Have tried toggling all the things, as well... ha. Both in the Phone Information menu, and in the regular Settings menu.

I live in the Boston area -- has anyone else been experiencing data troubles, or am I the only one?

EDIT: I switched to the "safe" side and booted up, and had 4G... So I decided to try wiping the cache/Dalvik on the BW side. Booted back into BW, and have had mostly-reliable 4G all morning. :)

#539 Shinare

Shinare

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:57 AM

Love the ROM, especially with the Red Widow theme installed. Only one small problem. When I take a picutre with the camera and it shows the little thumbnail in the camera, when I tap on it it says "Media Gallery Not Installed". I have to exit camera, then go into "Gallery" to see the pic I just took.

Anyway to fix that?

#540 gun slayer

gun slayer

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:02 PM

nvm

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Deodexed, Zipaligned, 214 Based, ICS 4.0.4, CDMA, Dark Droid Spyder, RAZR/MAXX, ICS-leak compatible

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users