How To Unbrick Your Razr [Go Back To Stock] .744 .748 .173 Using Rsd Added.

• Please log in to reply
372 replies to this topic

#181 simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:05 PM

yeah, good looking. when you fastboot back to .744, you will just have to ota back to. 748, should not have any problems.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

That's what I thought, just wanted another opinion. I think I'll try it right now to confirm. Thanks for the response. I'll let you know how it goes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Edit: everything looks good. super stoked!! :D

Edited by simon_lefisch, 01 February 2012 - 05:56 PM.

#182 coletrane09

coletrane09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Twitter:coletrane09
  • LocationHart, MI

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

FULL FAST BOOT FILES ,COMBINED >>>>>>>HERE....does this get extracted to desktop? This method worked for my soft bricked razr rsd light wouldn't. But it seems like i'm missing bloatware. Could that be why ota won't take?

#183 coletrane09

coletrane09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Twitter:coletrane09
  • LocationHart, MI

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:51 AM

Rsd failed but this worked. Cannot receive ota update though. Any thoughts?

#184 knives809

knives809

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:42 AM

I think i bricked my razr. After the motorola logo, the screen goes off. But if i connect it to my laptop, it always install the motorola device driver. Please help. After the installation, mtp usb device failed. I have been using this for only 2 months. It happened when i changed my rom into the leaked ics from adlx. After that i update my rom with ics pack from kholk. I think it broke the system.

#185 Tmc363

Tmc363

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Twitter:@tmc363
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:42 PM

I think i bricked my razr. After the motorola logo, the screen goes off. But if i connect it to my laptop, it always install the motorola device driver. Please help. After the installation, mtp usb device failed. I have been using this for only 2 months. It happened when i changed my rom into the leaked ics from adlx. After that i update my rom with ics pack from kholk. I think it broke the system.

Well you can hold power and volume down button to get into fast boot mode and use RSd to save you. If the volume down and power don't work initially hold power and both volume buttons till u see the screen flash then let go of power until menu comes up

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk
Posted Image

Donate $10 or more to our Phones For Devs Giveaway and get a Custom Forum title and help the Make a wish Foundation details here: http://www.droidrzr....-custom-titles/

#186 agodbout87

agodbout87

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Google+:101895242770892205118
  • LocationNH

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:28 PM

So I restored my maxx with rsd and it worked amazingly but...now under model, in settings, it says Razr, not Razr Maxx...any ideas y. I could careless seeing that this is the best device ever. Just didn't know if there's a fix or not. Gracias

#187 Greaser

Greaser

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Twitter:@MattScarSr
  • LocationKenosha, WI

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

Mine says Maxx, and I've updated to latest leak, which doesn't specify for the Maxx or regular

#188 agodbout87

agodbout87

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNH

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:57 PM

Yeah I'm on .748 debating if I wanna push the leak or just wait for ota. I rsd'd with. 744 and it ota'd to 748 but still no maxx name.

#189 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter:530SharksFan
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:17 PM

Could use some help. I have ADB setup & the file downloaded to my desktop. I extracted the zip and typed "cd DesktopRazr1" into a command prompt. However, it keeps saying "The system cannot find the path specified." What am I doing wrong? On Windows Vista...

#190 jcom86

jcom86

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:19 PM

Could use some help. I have ADB setup & the file downloaded to my desktop. I extracted the zip and typed "cd DesktopRazr1" into a command prompt. However, it keeps saying "The system cannot; find the path specified." What am I doing wrong? On Windows Vista...

Try this instead: "CD desktop" enter, then "CD Razr1" enter. Worked for me
  • PillClinton likes this

#191 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter:530SharksFan
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:32 PM

It appears the issue I was having was because by default, I had my command prompt set to open as an "Administrator." Apparently ADB didn't like this. If you have Windows Vista, follow these steps to make it work for you (if having issues; it worked for me!)

Re-open a command prompt without administrator privileges, then entered commands in this sequence:

cd dekstop --> Enter
cd Razr1 --> Enter

This worked for me. Flashed system SUPER fast & it's at the boot animation now!

Edit: This didn't wipe apps/data. Heading to stock recpvery to do that now before I re-root, then upgrade from .744 all the way up to .174

#192 agodbout87

agodbout87

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNH

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:43 AM

Fixed my problem with the wrong name, just used esfile explorer to change the madel name in the build.prop!

I FEEL SMART!

#193 mlordi

mlordi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:52 AM

Sorry I am in a rush and didn't have time to read through all the posts but I used this method after a bad flash from RSD lite and when tried to upgrade got a Status 7 error. Just incase anybody else runs into problems I had to download RSD lite 5.6 the full fastboot file and lastest motorola drivers and start totally over. This method would not fix my status 7 error because I must have been missing some files.

Just and FYI for anyone who needs help.

#194 tweakhax

tweakhax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Google+:116149427927563718815
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:59 AM

This did it, and was way easier than making a cable. I ++++ this post. A+++++ seller, item as expected, works as expected. Would buy from again!

Charging threw the pc is low voltage. So basically it takes longer bit anything is possible. Lol you can also do what I did but it will void all warranty that u can think of. If you take the battery cover off, yes it comes off easy. On the bottom left hand side lift up the black tape, you will see a red little rubber piece, about the size of a grain of rice. Now once you located that just take the red thing off and cut a USB cable and hot wire it two the two circle screw looking things. MAKE SURE YOU WIRE IT FIRST THEN PLUG IT IN. The connections are marked + and - . Once connected and plugged in your phone will have constant power. Just flash the system.img and your good to go.

Dedicated to preserving the art of the Crackflasher ---- Where's my stylus?

#195 kokodroid

kokodroid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Twitter:@BoilerUpHamrDn
  • LocationCentral Indiana

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:42 AM

Need some clarity:
RSD Fast Booted back to .744
Wipe/Factory Reset (to allow OTA)
OTA to .748
Rooted and installed ic3Razr
internal storage /mnt/sdcard
--Ti Backup can’t see it
--ES File Explorer says that it is Empty
Did Fast Boot wipe the partition?
Is there a su command I can run?
Thanks!!!
Terminal read out looks like this:

# df /mnt/*
Filesystem Size Used Free Blksize
/mnt/asec 460M 0K 460M 4096
/mnt/obb 460M 0K 460M 4096
/mnt/sdcard 0K 0K 0K 4096
/mnt/sdcard-ext 14G 4G 10G 4096
/mnt/secure 0K 0K 0K 4096
/mnt/usbdisk_1.1 0K 0K 0K 4096
/mnt/usbdisk_1.1.1 0K 0K 0K 4096
/mnt/usbdisk_1.2 0K 0K 0K 4096
/mnt/usbdisk_1.3 0K 0K 0K 4096
/mnt/usbdisk_1.4 0K 0K 0K 4096
/mnt/usbdisk_1.5 0K 0K 0K 4096
/mnt/usbdisk_1.6 0K 0K 0K 4096
/mnt/usbdisk_1.7 0K 0K 0K 4096

Edited by kokodroid, 08 February 2012 - 07:47 AM.

Verizon Droid RAZR XT912: 6.16.215 LEAK

#196 jayg84

jayg84

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:05 AM

I I I I Lov I Lov I Lov I Love you

#197 savannahman

savannahman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:57 PM

I hope there is someone here that can help me. I have never owned a Motorola and the root is real different. I rooted the phone, installed safestrap, backed up to sd card. Then, I think I accidentally booted into the safe side instead of the non-safe side and my phone went black. I mean it is dead. I am used to HTC phones I don't know about this safeside, non-safe side stuff. All I know is my phone seems to be a paperweight. Can anyone help me??

OK....I think I got myself out of this mess. I managed to get back into recovery and now the phone says "Restoring Original System" Whew.....These Motorola phones scare me. I thought for sure I had a $500 paper weight.

#198 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:02 PM

I hope there is someone here that can help me. I have never owned a Motorola and the root is real different. I rooted the phone, installed safestrap, backed up to sd card. Then, I think I accidentally booted into the safe side instead of the non-safe side and my phone went black. I mean it is dead. I am used to HTC phones I don't know about this safeside, non-safe side stuff. All I know is my phone seems to be a paperweight. Can anyone help me??

press the power and volume down buttons together and it will hard reset your phone, then u can get back into Safestrap Recovery.

Sent from my dark IC3 RAZR using Tapatalk.
  • savannahman likes this

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#199 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:30 AM

I can't believe so many guys are having so many issues? I know there are different methods to flash the fastboot files, so it can get kinda confusing...but if you read, read, and read again, (like I had to), pick a method that you feel comfortable with, follow all the steps exactly, and you should be fine. Mistakes are made when we rush or assume that something will work without reading up on it first. I just did my first fastboot files flash with RSD Lite. I had used this with my OG Droid, so I was kinda familiar with it. You will hear people say, "NO, do it like this" or "No, this way is faster", I would pick the method that you feel good with, time should not be the issue, you want your phone back...pick a method, follow the steps exactly...you should be fine.
Hey bub, I'm not finished with you yet..... SKNIT!!

#200 savannahman

savannahman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:18 AM

I can't believe so many guys are having so many issues? I know there are different methods to flash the fastboot files, so it can get kinda confusing...but if you read, read, and read again, (like I had to), pick a method that you feel comfortable with, follow all the steps exactly, and you should be fine. Mistakes are made when we rush or assume that something will work without reading up on it first. I just did my first fastboot files flash with RSD Lite. I had used this with my OG Droid, so I was kinda familiar with it. You will hear people say, "NO, do it like this" or "No, this way is faster", I would pick the method that you feel good with, time should not be the issue, you want your phone back...pick a method, follow the steps exactly...you should be fine.

I don't know if is the appropiate forum for these questions or not. I have had rooted phones for a few years now but this is the first Moto. I understand safestrap creates a recovery and I have the option to boot into recovery everytime I start the phone. What I'm not sure about is the safe side/unsafe side. Everything on my phone is running on the unsafe side and thats were I made my mistake yesterday when I booted into the safe side and there was nothing there. Thus, an unresponsive phone with a black screen. Now I noticed a new recovery app that just showed up, I didnt download it, Bionic Bootstrap. It appears this will also ceate a recovery but I am a bit puzzled as to how it got on my phone. Anyway, which should I use safe strap or Bionic Bootstrap? And, can someone give me an explination about the two sides of safestrap? From what I have read, I can run two systems on the phone? One on each side? These all may seem like stupid questions but I thought I had a good understanding of all this until I bought this Motorola. Suprise! Everything is different! I read on this stuff for days but all it took was one little mistake to throw me into panic mode thinking I bricked my phone. I did exactly what wheponx said, I read up on the different methods, I choose on that I was comfortable with and I proceeded. I knew in advance how I was going to do everything from the root down to the wifi teather. However, after years using RomManager this bootstrap/safestrap thing couoght me unexpectidly by suprise.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users