How To Unbrick Your Razr [Go Back To Stock] .744 .748 .173 Using Rsd Added.

• Please log in to reply
372 replies to this topic

#201 savannahman

savannahman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:25 AM

press the power and volume down buttons together and it will hard reset your phone, then u can get back into Safestrap Recovery.

Sent from my dark IC3 RAZR using Tapatalk.

Thanks...

#202 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:46 AM

I don't know if is the appropiate forum for these questions or not. I have had rooted phones for a few years now but this is the first Moto. I understand safestrap creates a recovery and I have the option to boot into recovery everytime I start the phone. What I'm not sure about is the safe side/unsafe side. Everything on my phone is running on the unsafe side and thats were I made my mistake yesterday when I booted into the safe side and there was nothing there. Thus, an unresponsive phone with a black screen. Now I noticed a new recovery app that just showed up, I didnt download it, Bionic Bootstrap. It appears this will also ceate a recovery but I am a bit puzzled as to how it got on my phone. Anyway, which should I use safe strap or Bionic Bootstrap? And, can someone give me an explination about the two sides of safestrap? From what I have read, I can run two systems on the phone? One on each side? These all may seem like stupid questions but I thought I had a good understanding of all this until I bought this Motorola. Suprise! Everything is different! I read on this stuff for days but all it took was one little mistake to throw me into panic mode thinking I bricked my phone. I did exactly what wheponx said, I read up on the different methods, I choose on that I was comfortable with and I proceeded. I knew in advance how I was going to do everything from the root down to the wifi teather. However, after years using RomManager this bootstrap/safestrap thing couoght me unexpectidly by suprise.

Yea, i hear ya, I felt the same way, Rom manager was very simple. Safestrap is a custom recovery which allows you to boot into two different systems, a "safe" and "non safe". The nonsafe side should be your stock rooted rom, no changes..just your factory stock phone image but with root access. It's called non safe because if this gets screwed up, you will need to fastboot. When you first boot into safestrap, it will tell you if you are on safe or nonsafe side. Make a stock nandroid backup in nonsafe. All custom roms and themes should be flashed with safeside enabled. This way, if something goes wrong, you can go to nonsafe and your stock rooted rom will be there just fine. If your phone is not responding and wont turn on, you can usually still get to safestrap by the methods mentioned before. Bootstrap kinda does the same thing but does not offer the dual mode capability that safestrap does. It can still flash themes and roms, but is only accessible when the phone is on. So in other words, if you mess something up and were using Bootstrap, and you cant' get into your phone,...you will need to fastboot . With safestrap, you can access it with a hard reset. I know it can all sound confusing..it was for me as well, but I just kept asking, and reading . The folks here are really cool about answering as much as possible. Also, try the chat room, sometimes you can get instant answers or peeps can point you in the right direction.
  • savannahman likes this
Hey bub, I'm not finished with you yet..... SKNIT!!

#203 savannahman

savannahman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:59 AM

Yea, i hear ya, I felt the same way, Rom manager was very simple. Safestrap is a custom recovery which allows you to boot into two different systems, a "safe" and "non safe". The nonsafe side should be your stock rooted rom, no changes..just your factory stock phone image but with root access. It's called non safe because if this gets screwed up, you will need to fastboot. When you first boot into safestrap, it will tell you if you are on safe or nonsafe side. Make a stock nandroid backup in nonsafe. All custom roms and themes should be flashed with safeside enabled. This way, if something goes wrong, you can go to nonsafe and your stock rooted rom will be there just fine. If your phone is not responding and wont turn on, you can usually still get to safestrap by the methods mentioned before. Bootstrap kinda does the same thing but does not offer the dual mode capability that safestrap does. It can still flash themes and roms, but is only accessible when the phone is on. So in other words, if you mess something up and were using Bootstrap, and you cant' get into your phone,...you will need to fastboot . With safestrap, you can access it with a hard reset. I know it can all sound confusing..it was for me as well, but I just kept asking, and reading . The folks here are really cool about answering as much as possible. Also, try the chat room, sometimes you can get instant answers or peeps can point you in the right direction.

Thanks for your help...

#204 jcom86

jcom86

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:33 PM

After 5 days of having my Razr plugged into my computer I was finally able to get a charge into it today. Now, though, it freezes and reboots when I get to the set up screen "touch droid to continue" I've tried with the RSD and this method but it happens both ways. Any suggestions?

#205 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:20 AM

After 5 days of having my Razr plugged into my computer I was finally able to get a charge into it today. Now, though, it freezes and reboots when I get to the set up screen "touch droid to continue" I've tried with the RSD and this method but it happens both ways. Any suggestions?

try the Droid Razr Utility for Windows or Mac, whichever you have. it is a very easy tool to use, and its the only tool you will need :ph34r:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#206 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter:530SharksFan
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

Trying to download the Fastboot files at work, and it is crawling along at ~500 bytes a second. Is there something up with the host server? At this rate, they'll be done in 18 days 4 hours, yikes! Edit: I've tried 3 different browsers so far, all with the same result :(

#207 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter:530SharksFan
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:41 PM

I could use some help getting ADB set up on my work computer. Running Windows XP & followed all instructions completely. When I enter a command prompt, type "adb devices" & the phone is booted up normally, it shows my phone is connected. When I attempt to repeat this in AP Fastboot mode though, I encounter 2 problems. First, it begins to look for devices, shows "Devices Attached," but there is no serial number. Second, when I type "moto-fastboot.exe flash system system.img" it says that this isn't a recognized command. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

Edit: I have exhausted every option I can think of, but still can't get it setup & working. This is super frustrating since I was able to successfully set it up on Windows Vista.

Double Edit: Still haven't found an answer to this question, but just wanted to share that despite it,

was able to get the job done!

#208 James`LENO

James`LENO

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:46 AM

Can you help me?
I have done it but I also can't unbrick my phone.

1) Download this zip >>>>>>>>>;

2) Exract the zip to your desktop. There will be a folder called Razr1
3) Open up a command window.
4) To get to that folder type>>>>>>> cd Desktop/Razr1
5) Now plug in your phone and put your phone is AP fastboot mode.
6) To flash the system type>>>>>>>; moto-fastboot.exe flash system system.img
This will flash your system in a few parts wait for it to compleate.
7) Type>>>>>>>>> moto-fastboot.exe reboot

I boot my phone then it show me :
AP Fastboot Flash Mode (s) (Boot Failure)
0A.66

Device is LOCKED, Status Code:0

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Invalid CG OTV(CG:system):Invalid SP Data
Invalid CGHAB(CG:system,status:0*004E)
Invalid CG OTV(CG:system)

I'm a chinese.Sorry for my bad Eng,Thanks.

#209 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:47 PM

Can you help me?
I have done it but I also can't unbrick my phone.

1) Download this zip >>>>>>>>>;

2) Exract the zip to your desktop. There will be a folder called Razr1
3) Open up a command window.
4) To get to that folder type>>>>>>> cd Desktop/Razr1
5) Now plug in your phone and put your phone is AP fastboot mode.
6) To flash the system type>>>>>>>; moto-fastboot.exe flash system system.img
This will flash your system in a few parts wait for it to compleate.
7) Type>>>>>>>>> moto-fastboot.exe reboot

I boot my phone then it show me :
AP Fastboot Flash Mode (s) (Boot Failure)
0A.66

Device is LOCKED, Status Code:0

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Invalid CG OTV(CG:system):Invalid SP Data
Invalid CGHAB(CG:system,status:0*004E)
Invalid CG OTV(CG:system)

I'm a chinese.Sorry for my bad Eng,Thanks.

not sure if your still having problems, but there is another method that a lot of people are finding useful.. DroidRazrUtility 1.4

but usually if your getting errors like that i would say you got a corrupt download. check MD5 just to be sure!!

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#210 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:25 PM

@ James 'Leno
which droid razr do you have?
x910 european I believe, or x912, which is what is sold in the United States.

I seem to recall that Matt's MotoUtility only works on x912 phones, unless the 1.4 version gives the option to work on x910 phones & if not, that could be the reason you've had problems…

Anyone have the “BatSignal"? we need help from the caped droid crusader!

Good luck, seeker
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#211 bikebuilderdude

bikebuilderdude

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:59 PM

Did you know the FASTBOOT FILES FOR 173>>>> link is not working or is it just me? :(
  • yasirkiyani likes this

#212 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:27 PM

Did you know the FASTBOOT FILES FOR 173>>>> link is not working or is it just me? :(

Fixing now

#213 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:34 PM

fixed

#214 bikebuilderdude

bikebuilderdude

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:44 PM

Thanks! :)

#215 wishiwas

wishiwas

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:01 PM

Help! I'm Bricked!
I ran these directions, but now when I reboot, it keeps restarting on the AP Fastboot flash mode screen with the following error:

Invalid CG OTV (CG: system): Invalid SP Data
Invalid CG OTV (CG: webtop): Invalid SP Data
Invalid CG HAB (CG: webtop, status: 0x0056)
Invalid CG OTV (CG: webtop)

Can anyone help me???

#216 cconcepts

cconcepts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

I thought my phone wash trashed and this method WORKED!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

Only prob is:
im now on stock .744 and cant OTA ....Ive removed all root acess apps and did several factory data wipes resets and still the same....update failed after reboot.... any ideas guys?

#217 cconcepts

cconcepts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:09 PM

Help! I'm Bricked!
I ran these directions, but now when I reboot, it keeps restarting on the AP Fastboot flash mode screen with the following error:

Invalid CG OTV (CG: system): Invalid SP Data
Invalid CG OTV (CG: webtop): Invalid SP Data
Invalid CG HAB (CG: webtop, status: 0x0056)
Invalid CG OTV (CG: webtop)

Can anyone help me???

You need to flash the webtop first in the first post...them the system image and you'll be fine!

#218 JoJoLanny

JoJoLanny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:18 PM

I am stuck in a boot loop on 173 after trying, like an inexperienced idiot, to apply the forever root to 173 after taking the OTA update. I just need someone to explain this one a little better (as I am not still a noob, just not totally inexperienced). How do you do this?

"If you are on .173 and boot loop ,you can simply restore your phone by flashing the system img. All you have to do is put the 173 system IMG in the Razr1 file . This will not update you to 173 !! Just the system only. To get to 173 you need to take the update,or use the full RSD package."

Are the steps 1-7 the instructions on how to get the IMG file to the RAZR1 folder? Do I just follow those steps and reboot? or do I need the 173 fastboot files as well?

Thanks to all the devs..... and you Dirty especially.

Josh
I have a fever..... and the only cure..... is more cowbell!!!!

#219 JoJoLanny

JoJoLanny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:21 PM

How do you flash the "webtop"?
I have a fever..... and the only cure..... is more cowbell!!!!

#220 cconcepts

cconcepts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

How do you flash the "webtop"?

its in the first post instructions....right under the instructions for flashing the system image.....do that first if your getting those errors on fastboot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users