How To Unbrick Your Razr [Go Back To Stock] .744 .748 .173 Using Rsd Added.

• Please log in to reply
372 replies to this topic

#161 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:38 PM

Thanks for advice simon_lefisch and andlaw. I guess I will research making a factory cable.

here, hope this helps!

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#162 avlmtb

avlmtb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:38 PM

I think I will try this method, no soldering and hopefully the cable has all 5 wires.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• BionicMan69 likes this

#163 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:52 PM

sounds like it should work, let us know what ya come up with! can't beat that price if it does!

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

#164 kushykush

kushykush

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:39 PM

so what do i do if its bricked and on low battery? i am a noob "not to rooting" to this issue here.... pretty much whats going on is it says

AP Fastboot Flashmode(s)
0a.66

device is locked. status code: 0
battery low
cannot program
connect usb
data cable

#165 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:47 PM

so what do i do if its bricked and on low battery? i am a noob "not to rooting" to this issue here.... pretty much whats going on is it says

AP Fastboot Flashmode(s)
0a.66

device is locked. status code: 0
battery low
cannot program
connect usb
data cable

unfortunately nothing unless you have a factory data cable, which aren't being sold right now. "sold out" and have been for a month. there has been reports that if and when your battery completely drains, and u leave it plugged in it will Sloww charge maybe within a 24hr period giving u enough to fastboot back. so when u fix, always keep in mind to never flash under 50 to avoid this problem.
and there is always a possibility of making your own programming cable, just google for Team Black Hat. motorola factory data cable.

Posted Image

#166 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:27 AM

Lame. Hopefully they'll get more. I've also heard of some making a factory cable from a normal USB cable. Something about the wiring being slightly different.

They claim to have 100 units that will be available today

#167 master500010

master500010

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:17 PM

Dude if I knew where you were I would come and kiss you. Thank you so much! You saved the day :)

#168 avlmtb

avlmtb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:20 PM

factory cables are now available at team black hat. Just ordered one.

#169 jcom86

jcom86

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:49 PM

Interesting problem here that from what I've seen in this thread hasn't been mentioned yet: (background) bought a soft bricked Razr off Fleebay for cheap. then bought a factory cable off XDA and spent a good chunk of today trying to get into the phone. After successfully flashing the fastboot files with the ADB method and then rebooting into recovery to do a factory wipe everything seemed great. When I unplugged the factory cable the phone shut off (yes my battery was dead and YES I know I can't charge with this cable), so I plugged a regular cable in to turn the phone back on and charge it while I set it up. EXCEPT it won't turn on when plugged in with anything but the factory cable. When plugged into my comp I get the white light and nothing else, when plugged in with a generic charger I get a loop at the "M" screen, when I use the charger from my Samsung Fascinate I get the batter but it goes from 0% to 100% in about 30 seconds, stays there, and after sitting for about an hour and a half it doesn't seem to have charged at all. Any help for a Razr n00b?

#170 thephatee24

thephatee24

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:34 PM

With this work for the Razr maxx? Not bricked yet, but I mess around with my phones way to much not to have some sort of stock recovery.

#171 coletrane09

coletrane09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Twitter:coletrane09
  • LocationHart, MI

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:36 PM

doesnt work

#172 thephatee24

thephatee24

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:40 PM

I actually got something to work, sbf'd or fastbooted it to '744 then used recovery to get it back to.748. Then did the same to get to .173. Maybe I got lucky but it worked

#173 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:41 PM

Interesting problem here that from what I've seen in this thread hasn't been mentioned yet: (background) bought a soft bricked Razr off Fleebay for cheap. then bought a factory cable off XDA and spent a good chunk of today trying to get into the phone. After successfully flashing the fastboot files with the ADB method and then rebooting into recovery to do a factory wipe everything seemed great. When I unplugged the factory cable the phone shut off (yes my battery was dead and YES I know I can't charge with this cable), so I plugged a regular cable in to turn the phone back on and charge it while I set it up. EXCEPT it won't turn on when plugged in with anything but the factory cable. When plugged into my comp I get the white light and nothing else, when plugged in with a generic charger I get a loop at the "M" screen, when I use the charger from my Samsung Fascinate I get the batter but it goes from 0% to 100% in about 30 seconds, stays there, and after sitting for about an hour and a half it doesn't seem to have charged at all. Any help for a Razr n00b?

Have you tried using a Motorola Charger. I believe there has been some discussion regarding charger incompatibility between new Moto phones (e.g. Bionic and Razr) and off-brand or generic charges. Just a thought.

#174 dloy

dloy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:14 PM

Hi anyadvise greatly appreciated . when I am doing my CMD prompt I keep gettig error back sayimg files are not found or was unexpected at tis time any suggestions. Thanks to any one that can help

#175 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:30 PM

Sounds like you aren't in the right directory. I'd offer to teamviewer over and do it for you/show you what you need to do, but I'm at work still so I only get to check in a few minutes here and there.

#176 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:38 PM

Hi anyadvise greatly appreciated . when I am doing my CMD prompt I keep gettig error back sayimg files are not found or was unexpected at tis time any suggestions. Thanks to any one that can help

hop on chat, can help you on there.

Posted Image

#177 simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

So has anyone tried the fast boot files on the razr maxx?

#178 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:04 PM

So has anyone tried the fast boot files on the razr maxx?

I havent personally but seeing the only difference between the Razr and Razr Maxx is the battery. Others have flashed working roms for the razr to the razr maxx so in theory there should be No problems fastbooting back with the stock razr files. Im sure a Maxx owner can verify..

Posted Image

#179 simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:18 PM

I havent personally but seeing the only difference between the Razr and Razr Maxx is the battery. Others have flashed working roms for the razr to the razr maxx so in theory there should be No problems fastbooting back with the stock razr files. Im sure a Maxx owner can verify..

Ive flashed roms as well, however since the maxx came with .748 installed will flashing to .744 with the boot files brick the phone? I was able to sbf my d2 back to froyo after the gb update but that's cuz the d2 came with froyo out of the box.

#180 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:36 PM

Ive flashed roms as well, however since the maxx came with .748 installed will flashing to .744 with the boot files brick the phone? I was able to sbf my d2 back to froyo after the gb update but that's cuz the d2 came with froyo out of the box.

yeah, good looking. when you fastboot back to .744, you will just have to ota back to. 748, should not have any problems.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users