How To Unbrick Your Razr [Go Back To Stock] .744 .748 .173 Using Rsd Added.

• Please log in to reply
372 replies to this topic

#101 tumbleweed65

tumbleweed65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Twitter:tumblweed65
  • Google+:kend65
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:15 AM

Is this what I use to return to stock? And after I return to stock and get the update then reroot? If I understand what I read saftstrap is the safest way to mod but bootstrap is the way to still get updates?

#102 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:36 AM

Is this what I use to return to stock? And after I return to stock and get the update then reroot? If I understand what I read saftstrap is the safest way to mod but bootstrap is the way to still get updates?

This is intended for returning a soft bricked Verizon Razr to stock version .744. You are also correct that you would update, then root.

SafeStrap is a flashing method that helps you be safer from softbricking by giving you a secondary location to install. This means you don't actually erase the original software. It essentially creates a sandbox where you can test things without being as worried about bricking. If you brick your safe zone, you can also just use the regular software until it is fixed.

Bootstrap will flash over top of the current software. As you only have one software location, any brick is a full soft brick. There is no other software left to fall back to. On the upside, now that we have the FastBoot we can fix most bricking issues.

#103 tumbleweed65

tumbleweed65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:44 AM

Tnx

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

for the fast reply. Ive tried about 10 different ways to get the 748 update but for some reason my phones on crack or something. it says it downloaded it right..then i install it reboots says it was successful installing 744 then wants to download the 748 again.just a vicious cycle im at the point i just want to return it and go back to my tbolt.

#104 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:20 AM

Tnx

for the fast reply. Ive tried about 10 different ways to get the 748 update but for some reason my phones on crack or something. it says it downloaded it right..then i install it reboots says it was successful installing 744 then wants to download the 748 again.just a vicious cycle im at the point i just want to return it and go back to my tbolt.

I'd start looking around the root (different meaning of the word =D, meaning is similar to 'the base' or 'the lowest level' ) of the internal memory for any update files. They will be named either update.zip or something like x.xx.xx.xt912.verizon.en.us.zip or something or that sort. If some are there, they might be causing issues getting flashed rather than the .748 update. If there is no luck there, download the update file manually (or find it on your phone since it already claims to have downloaded) and install it manually via moto's recovery mode.

#105 DarkestSpawn

DarkestSpawn

Tester

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:10 PM

Tnx

Did you use safestrap at some point?
-Beta Mod-
-Grand Master of the Testing-

Posted Image

#106 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:17 PM

Tnx

Use the fastboot files to get to .744. Root it. Use voodoo's OTA rootkeeper to temp unroot. Download/install .748. Restore root with voodoo's OTA rootkeeper.
/win

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#107 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:18 PM

Also, don't use bootstrap. You can update .744 on the non-safe to .748 and have the safe be anything you want. Safestrap doesn't affect updating the non-safe.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#108 dragosh12

dragosh12

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:48 PM

I do this on my gsm razr and now when i power up i show: invalid cg otv(cg: system): invalid sp data / invalid cg otv(cg: system, status: 0X004E) / invalid cg otv(cg: system)

Please need help i don't know what to do

#109 DarkestSpawn

DarkestSpawn

Tester

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:02 PM

Also, don't use bootstrap. You can update .744 on the non-safe to .748 and have the safe be anything you want. Safestrap doesn't affect updating the non-safe.

Installing safestrap actually does stop OTA updates because of it messing with preinstall. Which is why I asked if he installed it at one point.
-Beta Mod-
-Grand Master of the Testing-

Posted Image

#110 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:02 PM

I do this on my gsm razr and now when i power up i show: invalid cg otv(cg: system): invalid sp data / invalid cg otv(cg: system, status: 0X004E) / invalid cg otv(cg: system)

Please need help i don't know what to do

This is for the CDMA Verizon wireless XT912 DROID RAZR. The GSM Razr will not work with these fastboot files.

#111 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:04 PM

Installing safestrap actually does stop OTA updates because of it messing with preinstall. Which is why I asked if he installed it at one point.

I had no problem once I used someone else's preinstall folder. I have a whole guide on here on what to do when the OTA doesn't work.

#112 tumbleweed65

tumbleweed65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:19 PM

I had no problem once I used someone else's preinstall folder. I have a whole guide on here on what to do when the OTA doesn't work.

I tried your guide also (very well written btw) but my 748 update still wasn't taking It said it was successful but when I went to the about phone it still had .744 and about every 5 min it had a box come up saying i needed to download the update.
But I am now back stock (with the latest update) =) now to root and install safestrap.

#113 StigmaShadow

StigmaShadow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Google+:StigmaShadow
  • LocationBristol, VA

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:16 AM

when you say open up command window do you mean command prompt?

#114 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:43 AM

when you say open up command window do you mean command prompt?

Yes, thats what it means. On windows it is cmd.exe I believe.

#115 StigmaShadow

StigmaShadow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Google+:StigmaShadow
  • LocationBristol, VA

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:58 AM

If anyone with windows can help me in cmd I would much appreciate it.

I can get to desktop\razr1

When I try moto-fastboot.exe flash system system.img

I get not recognized as internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Phone is in AP Fastboot Mode, connected through USB with "Device is Locked"

#116 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:45 PM

If anyone with windows can help me in cmd I would much appreciate it.

I can get to desktop\razr1

When I try moto-fastboot.exe flash system system.img

I get not recognized as internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Phone is in AP Fastboot Mode, connected through USB with "Device is Locked"

So after you type cd Desktop\Razr1 the next line that appears is C:Users\Your Name\Desktop\Razr1>
I hope you don't think that I am insulting your intelligence or anything like that. I am a troubleshoot from the start kind of guy is all.

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#117 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:32 PM

I seen a period after exe. If that's so, that's why its kicking a error and did you unzip the file and pit the folder on your desktop? Sob what you want to type is.

moto-fastboot.exe flash system system.img

Exactly like that ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#118 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:50 PM

Were you able to get everything going Stigma?

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#119 liquidrage

liquidrage

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:40 PM

If i want to charge my low battery do i get it into my fastboot mode then tap the power button to completely shut it off THEN plug my phone in to the outlet??? When i do that i get the battery symbol with a question mark on it. OR do i have it plugged it THEN turn my phone completely off??

#120 liquidrage

liquidrage

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:29 PM

still no luck charging my phone with it completely off, i might break down and make my own factory cable because i can't buy one from black hat...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users