How To Unbrick Your Razr [Go Back To Stock] .744 .748 .173 Using Rsd Added.

• Please log in to reply
372 replies to this topic

#81 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2011 - 01:58 PM

Is AP Fastboot Mode different than Safestrap? Can you have both installed?

Ahhh no :) AP fast boot is where you access your device to flash software, with rsd light or in a command window, using adb, to flash the system.img to return to stock or fix your phone. Safestrap is a CWR based recovery program to flash roms, mods and other things. Also with safestrap you can flash something on your safe system, witch boots from your SD card, while keeping your primary system untouched. Mainly its for experimental purposes. Now when flashing a rom or mod or whatever on your phone. Normally you will use what's called bootstrap recovery. This flashes things just to your phone normally. Also you can make a nandroid backup of your phone and restore it at anytime.
With all this said with the question you asked my biggest suggestion to you is read, read, read and read some more. Educate yourself with what you are doing and the terminology that is used. It might seem overwhelming but Google is your best friend :) all your questions will be answered by a abundance of information. I hope this helps you. And good luck!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#82 aglages

aglages

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:06 PM

Thank you DirtyDroidX for the thorough and patient answer. I am slowly educating myself on the terminoligy but there does seem to be some conflicting information out there. For instance....I thought Nandroid rquired CWM and ROM Manager and I thought that those programs were not yet perfected for use with the Verizon Razr. Did I misunderstand?

#83 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:09 PM

Thank you DirtyDroidX for the thorough and patient answer. I am slowly educating myself on the terminoligy but there does seem to be some conflicting information out there. For instance....I thought Nandroid rquired CWM and ROM Manager and I thought that those programs were not yet perfected for use with the Verizon Razr. Did I misunderstand?

That will all come later! First start with setting up ADB aka Android SDK. Then after you get that, proceed to rooting your device and understanding what that is all about.

#84 aglages

aglages

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:18 PM

I have successfully rooted my phone. Used Titanium Pro to backup apps and Safestrap to "hopefully" backup my phone. I'll follow the directions above to install ADB / Android SDK. Can Nandroid and ROM Manager be used with the Verizon Razr?

#85 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:59 AM

having trouble with rsd lite 5.6 i have always used 4.9 on my droid x. i decided to test 5.6 on my droid x and use the sbf for .602 files are extracted to desktop. everything works just fine device properties show up device is connected. but when i try to enter file properties window it just hangs there for 5 minutes and does nothing. or is 5.6 only for fastboot not sbf?

#86 zero

zero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:49 AM

Hope you got one...they are sold out

bought and paid for mine Friday night. I have not received any shipping confirmation yet.

#87 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:45 AM

bought and paid for mine Friday night. I have not received any shipping confirmation yet.

Same here, I suspect they will ship tomorrow...or on Tuesday since post office is closed Monday.

#88 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:29 PM

I think they are shipping on Wednesday at the latest.

Same here, I suspect they will ship tomorrow...or on Tuesday since post office is closed Monday.

#89 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:46 PM

Same here. Also tried to charge for 8 hours today with the phone completely off and it still didn't have enough juice. Still said battery low cannot program when booted into AP fastboot.

Right now I am trying to charge it through the PC with the phone completely off; with this method the LED notifier is illuminated white, so it's gotta be doing something besides just sitting there. After a while of charging, I should just be able to hold both volume buttons and hit the power button to get to AP fastboot without a low battery warning. If no success, I am definitely buying a TBH factory cable tonight or in the morning.

Wondering why you are trying to charge it through the PC rather than wall charger? My experience has been that PC charging is inherently slower.

Have you made any progress?

#90 Tmc363

Tmc363

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Twitter:@tmc363
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:55 PM

Same here. Also tried to charge for 8 hours today with the phone completely off and it still didn't have enough juice. Still said battery low cannot program when booted into AP fastboot.

Right now I am trying to charge it through the PC with the phone completely off; with this method the LED notifier is illuminated white, so it's gotta be doing something besides just sitting there. After a while of charging, I should just be able to hold both volume buttons and hit the power button to get to AP fastboot without a low battery warning. If no success, I am definitely buying a TBH factory cable tonight or in the morning.

Posted Image

Donate $10 or more to our Phones For Devs Giveaway and get a Custom Forum title and help the Make a wish Foundation details here: http://www.droidrzr....-custom-titles/

#91 Tmc363

Tmc363

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Twitter:@tmc363
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:59 PM

Have you tried to boot in thru BP tools. I ran Into the same issue on my bionic and tried everything and then finally tried BP tools and was able to boot up for a minute and then it would charge after that
Posted Image

Donate $10 or more to our Phones For Devs Giveaway and get a Custom Forum title and help the Make a wish Foundation details here: http://www.droidrzr....-custom-titles/

#92 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:25 PM

Charging threw the pc is low voltage. So basically it takes longer bit anything is possible. Lol you can also do what I did but it will void all warranty that u can think of. If you take the battery cover off, yes it comes off easy. On the bottom left hand side lift up the black tape, you will see a red little rubber piece, about the size of a grain of rice. Now once you located that just take the red thing off and cut a USB cable and hot wire it two the two circle screw looking things. MAKE SURE YOU WIRE IT FIRST THEN PLUG IT IN. The connections are marked + and - . Once connected and plugged in your phone will have constant power. Just flash the system.img and your good to go.
  • tweakhax likes this

#93 dsmith093

dsmith093

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:49 AM

Hi I am having the same problem where it says my battery is too low. I tried to charge it over night but that doesn't seem to change anything. any suggestions?

#94 dsmith093

dsmith093

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:26 AM

Well, I've tried charging the battery in "AP Fastboot" mode, in the Moto "Boot Logo" mode and with the phone off and none seems to be actually charging the phone. Sure would like to hear from DroidTh30ry on how he charged his phone in bricked mode enough to flash it to stock without the TBH factory cable... Please explain... ;)

same here. would love to know cause I charged mine all day and night and still not enough to run in ap fastboot. still says battery low.

#95 zero

zero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:35 AM

No luck here as well. 12+ hours charging with phone completely off and still same error.

#96 dsmith093

dsmith093

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:36 PM

Let me know how that works for you. Mines been on the boot screen for about 3 hours. I was gonna try it around 11pm EST.

So I finally was able to get my phone back to stock thru ap fastboot by making my own "Motorolla factory cable" so for all you people out there that were having the same problem where you were unable to flash your motorolla droid razr thru fastboot because it was soft bricked and your battery was too low this is how to do it. Google how to make motorolla factory cable or just go to this link:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and you'll be able to run the ap fastboot with a dead or even no battery at all!!!

#97 zero

zero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:54 PM

Got an email that my factory cable was shipped yesterday. Anyone know what service is being used to ship these or how long delivery will take?

#98 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:58 PM

Got an email that my factory cable was shipped yesterday. Anyone know what service is being used to ship these or how long delivery will take?

TBH on Twitter mentions shipping by mail from P.O.

#99 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:21 PM

They where shipped out yesterday and today. I would say by Friday you will have it.

#100 wildymod

wildymod

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:55 PM

thank you so much for this!!! you really saved my butt!! worked perfect!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users