How To Unbrick Your Razr [Go Back To Stock] .744 .748 .173 Using Rsd Added.

• Please log in to reply
372 replies to this topic

#61 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:50 AM

FOR ALL YOU NEW GUYS ON THE BLOCK YOU NEED TO LEARN ADB , YOU WILL NEED IT SOONER THEN LATER. HERE IS A LINK MADE BY @bignadad THAT WILL EXPLAIN HOW TO SET UP ADB AND WHERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FILES YOU WILL NEED. SO IF YOU SEE HIM AROUND THESE PARTS TELL HIM THANKS.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

ALSO IF YOU ARE NOT THE TECH SAVEY THERE IS A GOOD OPTION TWO THAT WILL SET THE VARIABLES FOR YOU ON YOUR SYSTEM. RUN THIS PROGRAM AS SOON AS YOU DOWNLOAD AND RUN THE SDK. THIS IS A GREAT GUIDE TOO.

#62 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:34 AM

Hey there, great site. Love it.

As a matter of forced circumstance I was only able to get my first android device very recently. I am soaking up all the knowledge I can, which is the drive behind this message.

Could you please clarify these life-saving instructions?

1) Download this zip >>>>>>>>>; Here
2) Exract the zip to your desktop. There will be a folder called Razr1
3) Open up a command window.
4) To get to that folder type>>>>>>> cd Desktop\Razr1
5) Now plug in your phone and put your phone is AP fastboot mode.
6) To flash the system type>>>>>>>; moto-fastboot.exe flash system system.img
This will flash your system in a few parts wait for it to compleate.
7) Type>>>>>>>>> moto-fastboot.exe reboot

5) What do I do once I plug the phone in? I assume it's the volume down + power press but then the phone just boots up, it won't stay there? Should I press power again to get it to shut down?
6) Do I type the entire 'moto-fastboot.exe flash system system.img', spaces as shown?

Thank you very much!!
Blake

PS - My phone is not bricked, just trying to gather all the knowledge I can so I know what to do when it happens :blink:

:-D :-D

#63 zero

zero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:03 PM

DirtyDroid, for your unbrick method does the Android SDK or ADB play any roll in this? Or is it only through command prompt?

Are there any risks with this method? I've had my Razr sitting on the wall charger for about 3 hours and the phone is completely off.

How long will it take to have enough charge to flash, and can it be harmful to the phone if it decides to shut off, due to low battery, while flashing?

#64 Tmc363

Tmc363

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Twitter:@tmc363
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:56 PM

Well , we have been waiting a while for this. Finally after many bricked devices and many Dev's waiting for a saftey net, to put out there Rom's and Mod's. We are saved from ourselves :D

I never use RSD I always like to do it the manual way. IMO is the best way to do it anyway. You will need the following files.

1) Download this zip >>>>>>>>>;

Now your phone will reboot. You are now unbricked .Jump up and down ,kiss your wife, dog , cat , whatever you want to do. Rejoice, you are back on a stock system. Remember you will have to root your phone again.

*****To flash the webtop package if you have too . Do this before you flash the system img.
1)Type>>>>>>moto-fastboot.exe flash webtop grfs.img (this will flash in a few parts)

If you have any issues please check your Moto drivers >>>>>>>>>>

Need help setting up SDk aka ADB for Windows or Linux go >>>

Check out @bignadad post on how to do it also >>>>>>>

FULL FAST BOOT FILES ,COMBINED >>>>>>>

**************THIS IS A DROIDRZR EXLUSIVE,DO NOT POST THE FILES DIRECTLY ON ANY OTHER SITE. PLEASE GIVE A LINK BACK TO THIS THREAD FOR DOWNLOAD*****************

AWESOME THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO ESPECIALLY THE COMBINED FASTBOOT FILE!
Posted Image

Donate $10 or more to our Phones For Devs Giveaway and get a Custom Forum title and help the Make a wish Foundation details here: http://www.droidrzr....-custom-titles/

#65 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:09 PM

Lol I can double confirm this. *****If you 100% WANT ONE PM ME **** P3 is going to set aside as many as we need. Only pm me if you are serious, please.

Kind of hard to do when your PM box is full...I am 100% sure

#66 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:26 PM

Kind of hard to do when your PM box is full...I am 100% sure

CABLES ARE UP FOR SALE NOW . I DO NOT HAVE A LINK HANDY ,. LET TBH KNOW THAT DIRTYDROIDX SENT YOU.

OK for the TBH cables get them while they are hot.

#67 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:34 PM

DirtyDroid, for your unbrick method does the Android SDK or ADB play any roll in this? Or is it only through command prompt?

Are there any risks with this method? I've had my Razr sitting on the wall charger for about 3 hours and the phone is completely off.

How long will it take to have enough charge to flash, and can it be harmful to the phone if it decides to shut off, due to low battery, while flashing?

Make sure you have atleast 50% battery left. This is the most efficient way IMO. and yes you do need ADB
i have done this with ten % batt but i am not saying to do that only if you are in a bind should you . a compleate charge is recomended.

#68 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:37 PM

CABLES ARE UP FOR SALE NOW . I DO NOT HAVE A LINK HANDY ,. LET TBH KNOW THAT DIRTYDROIDX SENT YOU.

OK for the TBH cables get them while they are hot.

Nothing seems to have changed...says "out of stock"
How are we supposed to let them know that you sent us.
Where do you find them in stock?

#69 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:37 PM

Hey there, great site. Love it.

As a matter of forced circumstance I was only able to get my first android device very recently. I am soaking up all the knowledge I can, which is the drive behind this message.

Could you please clarify these life-saving instructions?

1) Download this zip >>>>>>>>>; Here

5) What do I do once I plug the phone in? I assume it's the volume down + power press but then the phone just boots up, it won't stay there? Should I press power again to get it to shut down?
6) Do I type the entire 'moto-fastboot.exe flash system system.img', spaces as shown?

Thank you very much!!
Blake

PS - My phone is not bricked, just trying to gather all the knowledge I can so I know what to do when it happens :blink:

Turn the phone off and hold both volume up and down in then hold in power for a few sec, then release just the power button. then select with the down key ,AP fast boot. Select with the volume up button. Also if the phone is off you can hold the volume up and power to get into fast boot also.

#70 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:43 PM

Nothing seems to have changed...says "out of stock"
How are we supposed to let them know that you sent us.
Where do you find them in stock?

sorry P3 was waithing to here from me. He is opening it up . Should be able to order in a few minutes.

#71 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:04 PM

sorry P3 was waithing to here from me. He is opening it up . Should be able to order in a few minutes.

Yep, got it. Thanks

#72 omster

omster

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:22 PM

Turn the phone off and hold both volume up and down in then hold in power for a few sec, then release just the power button. then select with the down key ,AP fast boot. Select with the volume up button. Also if the phone is off you can hold the volume up and power to get into fast boot also.

I feel like quite the n00b - I still cannot figure out how to boot into AP fast boot... I turned the phone off completely, I held in the volume up and powered it on while keeping the volume up held in and nothing but a normal boot up ... what part am I missing?!?! :)

#73 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:26 PM

I feel like quite the n00b - I still cannot figure out how to boot into AP fast boot... I turned the phone off completely, I held in the volume up and powered it on while keeping the volume up held in and nothing but a normal boot up ... what part am I missing?!?! :)

Hold both volume up and volume down buttons at the same time while powering on...in other words hold down all 3 buttons

#74 Tmc363

Tmc363

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Twitter:@tmc363
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:30 PM

Hold just the volume down button and power to go straight to ap fastboot not the volume up button. You can hold power and both buttons which takes you to an expanded menu where u can also choose to go to fastboot.

Posted Image

Donate $10 or more to our Phones For Devs Giveaway and get a Custom Forum title and help the Make a wish Foundation details here: http://www.droidrzr....-custom-titles/

#75 zero

zero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:42 PM

That's exactly what I'm trying to figure out as well... I'm currently attempting to charge from the "AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)" screen... Tried for several hours from the "Motorola Logo" screen previously and that didn't seem to be working...

Same here. Also tried to charge for 8 hours today with the phone completely off and it still didn't have enough juice. Still said battery low cannot program when booted into AP fastboot.

Right now I am trying to charge it through the PC with the phone completely off; with this method the LED notifier is illuminated white, so it's gotta be doing something besides just sitting there. After a while of charging, I should just be able to hold both volume buttons and hit the power button to get to AP fastboot without a low battery warning. If no success, I am definitely buying a TBH factory cable tonight or in the morning.

#76 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:56 PM

If no success, I am definitely buying a TBH factory cable tonight or in the morning.

The inventory is low (less than 10 cables left) and going fast.

If you think you are going to need a TBH cable..better not wait.

#77 omster

omster

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:23 PM

@

&

thanks for your help, got it now :-)

#78 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 04:27 AM

If no success, I am definitely buying a TBH factory cable tonight or in the morning.

Hope you got one...they are sold out

#79 dragonbro

dragonbro

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationBay Area California

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:21 AM

Thank You!!!!!!

#80 aglages

aglages

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:07 PM

Is AP Fastboot Mode different than Safestrap? Can you have both installed?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users