How To Unbrick Your Razr [Go Back To Stock] .744 .748 .173 Using Rsd Added.

• Please log in to reply
372 replies to this topic

#121 StigmaShadow

StigmaShadow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Google+:StigmaShadow
  • LocationBristol, VA

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:32 PM

Wow I had Desktop\Razr1\Razr1\

After being a noob it did work! Thanks so much! ^^

#122 tumbleweed65

tumbleweed65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Twitter:tumblweed65
  • Google+:kend65
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:02 PM

still no luck charging my phone with it completely off, i might break down and make my own factory cable because i can't buy one from black hat...

You getting the low battery error? Best way I've seen is with phone off plug in a outlet let it sit a day that way, it charges but real slow. I had this on a evo if it went dead I had to use the highest output charger I could find and leave it a full day

Sent from a device of some sort. Maybe such a new device that I only had to think it..... BAM it is here

#123 liquidrage

liquidrage

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:15 PM

I guess i'll give it a try, i had it plugged in completely off for 8 to 9 hours and tried it today and it gave me the same error.....I think if i can't get it to work tomorrow im just gonna go in to verizon tomorrow and act stupid and try and get a new phone since my ear piece has been acting up too once in a while...

#124 dsmith093

dsmith093

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:46 PM

If i want to charge my low battery do i get it into my fastboot mode then tap the power button to completely shut it off THEN plug my phone in to the outlet??? When i do that i get the battery symbol with a question mark on it. OR do i have it plugged it THEN turn my phone completely off??

Yea I tried every way i could to try and charge my phone but wasn't happening so I was going to buy a factory cable. I couldn't wait plus they were sold out so I googled "How to make a motorola factory cable" and made my own factory cable. Its actually quite a simple procedure but you have to be able to soldier. All you have to do is take a usb cable like the one that comes with your phone and on the end that plugs into the phone you have to carefully strip the cover and protective plastic and find the pin that doesn't have a wire running to it and jump it from the (power) red wire. I was able to make the cable and get my phone back to stock in under a hour and this is a first for me. I'm glad I didn't give up and get a refurbished phone from verizon through the warranty

#125 dsmith093

dsmith093

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:50 PM

You getting the low battery error? Best way I've seen is with phone off plug in a outlet let it sit a day that way, it charges but real slow. I had this on a evo if it went dead I had to use the highest output charger I could find and leave it a full day

Sent from a device of some sort. Maybe such a new device that I only had to think it..... BAM it is here

Tried everything and spent two days trying to charge my phone and nothing worked so had to go with the method I just explained and it worked perfectly. Once I made my cable I plugged it into my phone first and then the computer and it worked perfectly I was able to run the fastboot without the low battery and get my phone back to stock.

#126 tumbleweed65

tumbleweed65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:54 PM

Glad you got it fixed I've been thinking about making myself one can't seem to catch any in stock either

#127 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:14 AM

How do I put the phone in AP Fastboot mode like it says in the OP
Hey bub, I'm not finished with you yet..... SKNIT!!

#128 Tmc363

Tmc363

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Twitter:@tmc363
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:17 AM

How do I put the phone in AP Fastboot mode like it says in the OP

Turn phone off then hold power button and volume down rocker then let go of power and vualla their u r

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Posted Image

Donate $10 or more to our Phones For Devs Giveaway and get a Custom Forum title and help the Make a wish Foundation details here: http://www.droidrzr....-custom-titles/

#129 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:20 AM

Thanks for responding! I thought that was like to do a reboot. is that the same as a fastboot?
Hey bub, I'm not finished with you yet..... SKNIT!!

#130 Tmc363

Tmc363

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:23 AM

Thanks for responding! I thought that was like to do a reboot. is that the same as a fastboot?

AP fast boot is used for programming your phone. If you hold power and both volume up and down at the same time it will take you to an expanded menu that allows you to go into recovery, reboot, BP tools etc... the way I described in the 1st reply takes u directly to AP fast boot instead of going thru the expanded menu to get there. Either way will work.

Posted Image

Donate $10 or more to our Phones For Devs Giveaway and get a Custom Forum title and help the Make a wish Foundation details here: http://www.droidrzr....-custom-titles/

#131 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:03 AM

AP fast boot is used for programming your phone. If you hold power and both volume up and down at the same time it will take you to an expanded menu that allows you to go into recovery, reboot, BP tools etc... the way I described in the 1st reply takes u directly to AP fast boot instead of going thru the expanded menu to get there. Either way will work.

+1
I always hold down volume buttons then power to go to recovery. Choose AP Fastboot from there.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#132 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:38 PM

Anyone who has a bricked RAZR and cannot fix it or has a dead battery. PM me and i will give you instructions. I will restore them for you , and send them back to you.
  • mattlgroff and jtelander like this

#133 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:43 PM

Anyone who has a bricked RAZR and cannot fix it or has a dead battery. PM me and i will give you instructions. I will restore them for you , and send them back to you.

Very nice offer Posted Image

#134 zero

zero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:49 PM

Got my factory cable last week from Team Blackhat. I would have just made my own but I didn't want to deal with the hassle and risk not being able to buy one later on. Worked just like it should have. I too left my phone charging for almost 12 hours and it still gave me the low battery message. At first I got a replacement from Verizon, but had issues with it freezing and rebooting itself. Got so irritated with it, so I fixed my old one and sent back the POS replacement.

#135 DrewRus

DrewRus

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:40 PM

I did this and the flash seemed to work but when my phone restarted i still have the super user app installed and the Mobile Hotspot exploit still works????

i thought this unrooted the phone?

edit: my phone restarted.... but over on rsd lite it says "Please manually power up this phone" and it is still in process????

i have no idea whats going on... because im able to use the phone at this point but it says the flashing still isnt done???

edit2: im freaking out because ive already started installing the OTA updates and everything... i feel like i'm about to mess things up horribly.

#136 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:40 PM

I hope people take you up on this. Just another reason this site is the best site hands down.

Edited by Thach, 11 January 2012 - 08:42 PM.
Spelling errors. That's the last time I use the DirtyDroidX spell checker! lol

• mattlgroff likes this

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#137 tumbleweed65

tumbleweed65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:53 PM

I did this and the flash seemed to work but when my phone restarted i still have the super user app installed and the Mobile Hotspot exploit still works????

edit: my phone restarted.... but over on rsd lite it says "Please manually power up this phone" and it is still in process????

i have no idea whats going on... because im able to use the phone at this point but it says the flashing still isnt done???

edit2: im freaking out because ive already started installing the OTA updates and everything... i feel like i'm about to mess things up horribly.

I had to restart in a fastboot to get it to complete

#138 Tmc363

Tmc363

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:54 PM

You are fine some times rsd does that but ur booted disconnect cable and move on. When I did it it didn't remove my apps either but I was no longer rooted. And had to reapply root. Super user app was still there

Posted Image

#139 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:59 PM

Anytime you fastboot back to stock always do a factory data reset. If your going to the new leak use the full rsd light method and reboot. Then boor into recovery and wipe. Then take the 748 ota after that root with zerg. Use rootkeeper to backup root, temp unroot then flash in stock recovery to the new leak. Restore root and boom your good.

#140 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:59 PM

It won't remove the data. You'd have to wipe that yourself. I always wipe data after fastbooting to get "actual stock"

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users