No replies to this topic

#1 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:30 PM

while doing a nand backup in SafeStrap 3.65 on my Razr Maxx running Blurry 2.2, I noticed a weird msg in the process- when SS started backing up data partition, & told me that it was breaking thee backup file into multiple archives & had generated the MD5, it went on to state that

" E: Unable to locate '/boot' partition for backup process " - the double quotes are mine, but the singleeones around the phrase /boot were ss generated.

The backup completed successfully, & since I was feeling lucky, I rebooted into ss again & restored fm the backup I just made & all went well, even tho the existing System partition is wiped by the restore process… weird… maybe the /boot partition was not locate-able
b/c my BLoader is locked courtesy of VZW… any ideas on why I got that msg & do I need to be concerned about the fact that the msg came up?

second point, I noticed that the default SS settings under 'Advanced' showed that the checkbox for ' use rm -rf instead of formatting ' was left un-checked; I seem to recall that this was not the case in ss3.11 & I seem to recall that not having rm -rf instead of formatting unchecked would have some (regrettably) unrecalled negative ramification- unless of course, it is diff in this version of SS…

anybody have anything to clarify that default setting
or the non- locateable '/boot' partition?

fwiw, I got a msg that SS was formatting Data using mke2fs …

TIA,
Any clarification of either of these issues will be appreciated.
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Backup, formatting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users