Non potest esse nisi unus

#182 BigBoy41

BigBoy41

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:24 PM

Okay I am a new at this rooting scene. I have researched it a ton and all that so I do want it to do it but I cant get past a point.
So I followed the directions and everything but when I run from the menu option 2...it says no file or such directory make sure your phone blah blah blah. It may just be I am blanking on what I am doing wrong but can someone please help me. Just got the razr maxx and running it on osx.

#183 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/104359749772570760296
  • LocationSolana Beach, CA (i.e., San Diego)

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:30 PM

Okay I am a new at this rooting scene. I have researched it a ton and all that so I do want it to do it but I cant get past a point.
So I followed the directions and everything but when I run from the menu option 2...it says no file or such directory make sure your phone blah blah blah. It may just be I am blanking on what I am doing wrong but can someone please help me. Just got the razr maxx and running it on osx.

Most likely, you're not pointed to the actual file directory. Have you followed the point by point instructions in the Read Me file? You can also try the 1.82 version, as it has additional automation, and I rewrote the instructions as well.

If you want better feedback, please tell us your exact build and android version. Also post exactly what is printing out on your screen. Another possibility is that your device is not being detected. Make sure debugging is on, and try switching USB to PTP mode (pulldown from notifications and click on it). Try inputting ./adb devices in terminal - do you get your device serial number or just a blank reply?

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
If you PM me here, I'll get it eventually, but I'm constantly on the move. If you need to reach me more quickly, email me at stealthmouse@gmail.com and add DroidRZR PERSONAL MESSAGE to subject line. Thanks!

#184 BigBoy41

BigBoy41

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:55 AM

Most likely, you're not pointed to the actual file directory. Have you followed the point by point instructions in the Read Me file? You can also try the 1.82 version, as it has additional automation, and I rewrote the instructions as well.

If you want better feedback, please tell us your exact build and android version. Also post exactly what is printing out on your screen. Another possibility is that your device is not being detected. Make sure debugging is on, and try switching USB to PTP mode (pulldown from notifications and click on it). Try inputting ./adb devices in terminal - do you get your device serial number or just a blank reply?

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Okay I think my problem may just be how to work terminal. When I put the ./adb devices into terminal it just says -bash no file or directory. I am going to try the 1.82 and then see what happens. My phone is the Droid Razr Maxx, verison 4.0.4, system verison 6.16.211, and build number is 6.7.2-180.

#185 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:01 AM

Okay I think my problem may just be how to work terminal. When I put the ./adb devices into terminal it just says -bash no file or
directory. I am going to try the 1.82 and then see what happens. My phone is the Droid Razr Maxx, verison 4.0.4, system verison 6.16.211, and build number is 6.7.2-180.

... i think we have gotten the "bugs" worked out in 1.82..... just be sure to grab the updated read me file as well.... it is a bit more comprehensive than the original.....

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#186 BigBoy41

BigBoy41

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:19 AM

... i think we have gotten the "bugs" worked out in 1.82..... just be sure to grab the updated read me file as well.... it is a bit more comprehensive than the original.....

Okay now I cant get passed number 7 on the 1.82 instructions. When I type the ./files/adb devices into terminal nothing happens. Everything else previous worked fine until this step.

Last login: Sun Oct 21 13:26:00 on ttys000
(myname)-MacBook-Pro:~ (myname)$ cd ~/Documents/LinuxMacUtility1-82
(myname)-MacBook-Pro:LinuxMacUtility1-82 (myname)$ ./files/adb devices
-bash: ./files/adb: No such file or directory

Well so I have no clue what is going wrong. When I put the adb devices command nothing works but when I do diskutil list command I think it recognizes the usb port with my phone.

Also when I tried the ./adb devices command....

(myname)-MacBook-Pro:~ (myname)$ ./adb devices
-bash: ./adb: No such file or directory

Any ideas anyone??

#187 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,480 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

Adb is discovered based on your os. So you don't just run the adb command directly like that. For osx there's an adb.osx command I believe. I'm not at my machine to verify that. But the script picks the right one and sets an adb var to it. It then uses $adb to call it.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

#188 BigBoy41

BigBoy41

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:44 PM

Adb is discovered based on your os. So you don't just run the adb command directly like that. For osx there's an adb.osx command I believe. I'm not at my machine to verify that. But the script picks the right one and sets an adb var to it. It then uses $adb to call it.

Okay so I tried doing the $ infront of adb and now it says....

LinuxMacUtility1-82 (name) ./files/$adb devices
-bash: ./files/: is a directory

My apologies for blowing up this thread with what I figure to be a simple fix but its confusing the $#!7 out of me.
My computer is running mountain lion osx if that has anything to do with it. If it doesn't work soon I will just wait to use a pc because it seems like there are more pc Utilities.

Any help is very appreciative and once again apologize for my lack of skill in terminal haha.

#189 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

Okay so I tried doing the $ infront of adb and now it says....

LinuxMacUtility1-82 (name) ./files/$adb devices
-bash: ./files/: is a directory

My apologies for blowing up this thread with what I figure to be a simple fix but its confusing the $#!7 out of me.
My computer is running mountain lion osx if that has anything to do with it. If it doesn't work soon I will just wait to use a pc because it seems like there are more pc Utilities.

Any help is very appreciative and once again apologize for my lack of skill in terminal haha.

Have you actually tried running the utility yet....(from the executable included in the folder)

jhf.png

#190 obeygiant

obeygiant

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 79 posts
  • Twitter:obey22giant
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/109248393171126077439/about

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:49 AM

here is the link(s) to the webtop by itself.....

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

also

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

now we can start editing the script.... ...... another concern may be, while pulling the file using wget, if the user's connection or computer is really slow there could be an issue of possibly stepping into the low battery realm while flashing........

Great, now I just have to sit down and figure out how to properly use wget! I may add a line to display "download before going into fastboot" so we avoid or minimalize the low battery issue. Thanks again!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  • johnthehillbilly likes this

#191 BigBoy41

BigBoy41

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:14 AM

Have you actually tried running the utility yet....(from the executable included in the folder)

If you are talking about the macutility1-82.sh file then no I have not ran that and do not know how to run that because its just plain text but in the directions it talks about that in step 1 being the utility executable file. All I have tried is to follow the directions and get it to work but for whatever reason it seems terminal does not see my device because of the adb commands that are always coming up with no file or directory.

#192 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,480 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

If you are talking about the macutility1-82.sh file then no I have not ran that and do not know how to run that because its just plain text but in the directions it talks about that in step 1 being the utility executable file. All I have tried is to follow the directions and get it to work but for whatever reason it seems terminal does not see my device because of the adb commands that are always coming up with no file or directory.

The macutility sh script is what finds the adb util for your OS. That's what I was saying earlier. You have to set the sh script to be executable and then run it:

./macutility1-82.sh

Then the full functionality and menus will be available to you.

#193 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:23 AM

Ok.... no prob (i hope).... :) .... open terminal..... cd to the utility folder..... ./macutility1-82.sh ..... make sure you type the filename exactly as it appears.....

jhf.png

#194 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:29 AM

Thanx for the help samuri...... i type too slo..... :).... at least we both hit the same answer... :)

jhf.png

#195 BigBoy41

BigBoy41

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:04 PM

Ok.... no prob (i hope).... :) .... open terminal..... cd to the utility folder..... ./macutility1-82.sh ..... make sure you type the filename exactly as it appears.....

Thank you so much good sir. It worked! Now onto step 10.

#196 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:24 PM

Thank you so much good sir. It worked! Now onto step 10.

your welcome...... :) by the way.... don't discredit your ability to use terminal..... terminal has mood swings...... one day it will like something..... the next it wont..... :)

jhf.png

#197 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,480 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:15 PM

Thanx for the help samuri...... i type too slo..... .... at least we both hit the same answer...

Any time. I figured I could help put. :)

#198 ufkal

ufkal

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Max, Nexus

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

I realize this thread has been dead for a while, but I'm trying to figure this out. I've downloaded and extracted the zip. I'm running Ubuntu 12.10 btw. I am totally in MTP mode, I've rebooted several times, both phone and computer. when I execute the .sh file, it gives me the options 1-7, Since I need root first , I'm trying to run it first... but adb devices never shows any devices listed. I'm about to pull my hair out. I need help please. I have switched cables, ports, even computers, and no matter what adb doesn't see my device.....

#199 shaggie821

shaggie821

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Boot phone into fastboot mode & plug phone into computer & make sure adb drivers install. Dumb moto.

Sent from Droid Razr using whatever I want moto. :P

#200 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

Sometimes if adb doesn't recognize your device a factory data reset will do the trick. If you go that route just make sure to backup apps and such.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: utility, mac, linux, 1.8, 1.81, ICS stock restore

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users