235 replies to this topic

#161 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,480 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

It hasn't had a lot of testing on the RAZR afaik. I don't own one but the principles are the same on all the Moto OMAP phones. But yea, it's just flashing parts of the FXZ that are needed for whatever operation you're trying to perform. The RAZR is going to get an update soon to prepare it for the JB build later this year We Bionic users are going to be lucky as it was included in our latest leak that's about to become OTA. So we'll be prepped and ready for JB. If that build for RAZR gets leaked, you can install it using the House of Razr just by creating a ### dir (whatever the build number is), adding the build number to the update zip that's pulled from cheesecake, and dropping it in place. When you run the HouseofRazr.bat, it'll see the update and prompt you to create the boot.img for it. And then it'll be available on the menu for you to install over whatever build you're on. No data loss. It's pretty slick.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#162 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/104359749772570760296
  • LocationSolana Beach, CA (i.e., San Diego)

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

It hasn't had a lot of testing on the RAZR afaik. I don't own one but the principles are the same on all the Moto OMAP phones. But yea, it's just flashing parts of the FXZ that are needed for whatever operation you're trying to perform. The RAZR is going to get an update soon to prepare it for the JB build later this year We Bionic users are going to be lucky as it was included in our latest leak that's about to become OTA. So we'll be prepped and ready for JB. If that build for RAZR gets leaked, you can install it using the House of Razr just by creating a ### dir (whatever the build number is), adding the build number to the update zip that's pulled from cheesecake, and dropping it in place. When you run the HouseofRazr.bat, it'll see the update and prompt you to create the boot.img for it. And then it'll be available on the menu for you to install over whatever build you're on. No data loss. It's pretty slick.

That's definitely slick. So...you basically can take whatever setup you have and insert the OS into it without actually flashing a whole new ROM? That's some flexibility, especially with the data retention. I might have to play around with it. We have quite a few RAZR JB builds now, in different states of alpha or beta. But it's always easier when the leak comes, because then we can address little issues like radio and camera and sound not working LOL.
If you PM me here, I'll get it eventually, but I'm constantly on the move. If you need to reach me more quickly, email me at stealthmouse@gmail.com and add DroidRZR PERSONAL MESSAGE to subject line. Thanks!

#163 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

.... you said it has not had much testing on the razr....count me in :-) :-)

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#164 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,480 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

Well, just be prepared with your Util just in case the House of Razr does something...wrong. :D But yea, that's the flexibility I bring to the table.

#165 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:38 AM

Well, just be prepared with your Util just in case the House of Razr does something...wrong. :D But yea, that's the flexibility I bring to the table.

...:-) that's the joy(and risk) of testing....:-) I keep the utility handy J.I.C.

jhf.png

#166 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,480 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:40 AM

Sweet. I only have the windows version kicking for now. I'm still writing the Linux/Mac version for the Bionic. Once it's done, I'll port it over to the RAZR. I think I'm weeks, not days, away from that happening. But we'll get there.

#167 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:46 AM

Sweet. I only have the windows version kicking for now. I'm still writing the Linux/Mac version for the Bionic. Once it's done, I'll port it over to the RAZR. I think I'm weeks, not days, away from that happening. But we'll get there.

as soon as I have "reliable" data connection... I will d l it and test it (and my razr)..... :-)

jhf.png

#168 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,480 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:47 AM

Excellent. Enjoy! And let me know what you think or how badly I've broken things. :)

#169 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,480 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

I made an enormous amount of progress on the linux/mac house of Bionic script today. Boot img creation, dynamic menus, update finding and transfer, md5 hashing of the transferred update for verification, and the base functions for all the flash steps (install, reinstall, fxz keep data, and fxz full) are all done. I'll have the script finished tomorrow sometime. You guys can then take a look and use anything you find useful.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

#170 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

I made an enormous amount of progress on the linux/mac house of Bionic script today. Boot img creation, dynamic menus, update finding and transfer, md5 hashing of the transferred update for verification, and the base functions for all the flash steps (install, reinstall, fxz keep data, and fxz full) are all done. I'll have the script finished tomorrow sometime. You guys can then take a look and use anything you find useful.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

jhf.png

#171 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

Nice.... will make a great addition to the utility and house of razr...... thanx for the hard work... :-)

jhf.png

#172 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,480 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

I've posted the link to my linux version of the HoB in my HoB thread. Take a look when you get a chance and see what you think.

#173 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

I've posted the link to my linux version of the HoB in my HoB thread. Take a look when you get a chance and see what you think.

great....:-) I will check it out....:-) I'm still in the mountains so..... reliable data is just about nil....

jhf.png

#174 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,480 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

great....:-) I will check it out....:-) I'm still in the mountains so..... reliable data is just about nil....

No problem. I just wanted to let you guys know it's out there now. It's version 1. so there could be....issues still. But I used the reinstall option (a sort of on the fly made mini-fxz) to reinstall 247 on my Bionic from the VM. Worked perfectly so I think it's in pretty good shape.
  • johnthehillbilly likes this

#175 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,480 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:52 AM

@johnthehillbilly and obeygiant

Just wanted to thank you again for your help with the linux code. I've had many users reporting success on both Mac and Linux using the Linux/Mac House of Bionic. I also added you both to my credit section (deepest apologies for not doing so earlier...truly an oversight on my part) in the House of Bionic post. Thanks again and if there's anything I can do to help you guys please let me know!
  • johnthehillbilly likes this

#176 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:04 AM

@johnthehillbilly and obeygiant

Just wanted to thank you again for your help with the linux code. I've had many users reporting success on both Mac and Linux using the Linux/Mac House of Bionic. I also added you both to my credit section (deepest apologies for not doing so earlier...truly an oversight on my part) in the House of Bionic post. Thanks again and if there's anything I can do to help you guys please let me know!

Great.... glad it's working..... :-) now we have the usefull (necessary) utilities all up and running..... it's time to work on some fun utilities :-)

jhf.png

#177 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,480 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:37 AM

LOL! I was taking a break personally. I've been at it for 4 months straight. Looks like we're getting an OTA soon which should mean a new FXZ for us. All I gotta do is package that up and call it good as the code will dynamically pick up the new FXZ. :D

#178 obeygiant

obeygiant

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 79 posts
  • Twitter:obey22giant
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/109248393171126077439/about

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

Hey guys I know it's been a while since we talked about this but I just had a light bulb moment. Instead of downloading the entire webtop file and never using it, or removing it altogether, what if when/if we add an option to flash just webtop, we use wget in the utility to download it from ubuntuone or dropbox? That would save lots of space on the utility, while still leaving the opportunity to call for it only when needed for that option? Thoughts?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#179 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

Hey guys I know it's been a while since we talked about this but I just had a light bulb moment. Instead of downloading the entire webtop file and never using it, or removing it altogether, what if when/if we add an option to flash just webtop, we use wget in the utility to download it from ubuntuone or dropbox? That would save lots of space on the utility, while still leaving the opportunity to call for it only when needed for that option? Thoughts?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Actually yes, i think we could do that..... the only issue we may still have, is where the webtop still fails to flash (sometimes) on 32bit..... but maybe we could use the "split" command to try to split the webtop fileinto smaller parts while flashing (similar to the way windoze splits it)...... i think it is worth a try for those who still use or want to use the webtop....

I'm uploading webtop now.....(i'll post link when its done)

Edited by johnthehillbilly, 20 October 2012 - 04:22 PM.

jhf.png

#180 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

here is the link(s) to the webtop by itself.....

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

also

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

now we can start editing the script.... :) ...... another concern may be, while pulling the file using wget, if the user's connection or computer is really slow there could be an issue of possibly stepping into the low battery realm while flashing........

jhf.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: utility, mac, linux, 1.8, 1.81, ICS stock restore

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users