235 replies to this topic

#101 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:50 PM

....since it was working on my phone even after the webtop failed..... i dont see where it should cause too many problems running the utility and skipping the webtop..... i will also run it thru without webtop and see what happens...

stealth, i only live in my truck about 25 days out of every month :) ..... but thats where i do most of my android/computer work as well ... as you should be able to see in the following pic :)..... (as long as it uploads properly).....

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

77.08KB   0 downloads
  • obeygiant and stealthmouse like this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#102 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/104359749772570760296
  • LocationSolana Beach, CA (i.e., San Diego)

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

Hillbilly,

Your posting skills are superb (unlike mine). And check out that setup! I hope you've turned the back seat into a wet bar with some hillbilly moonshine on hand.
  • johnthehillbilly likes this
If you PM me here, I'll get it eventually, but I'm constantly on the move. If you need to reach me more quickly, email me at stealthmouse@gmail.com and add DroidRZR PERSONAL MESSAGE to subject line. Thanks!

#103 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:21 PM

Hillbilly,

Your posting skills are superb (unlike mine). And check out that setup! I hope you've turned the back seat into a wet bar with some hillbilly moonshine on hand.

unfortunately no moonshine in the back..... :-( .... only a simple bed ....... the bad thing about my setup.... when the state police (weigh stations, etc) dont like it when they look in the truck..... (i think they are afraid that i am smarter than them)....... anyway... i am in the process of installing 64 bit ubuntu on one of my computers so i dont have to wait till i get home to test..... with as long as i am away from home, i dont like doing too much but hanging out with the wife and kids :-)

jhf.png

#104 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:08 PM

.....well ...... even in 64 bit (on my fresh install of 64bit) webtop failed....., now root is failing..... giving me the error starting at line 304..../FILES/ADB.LINUX: NO SUCH FILE OR DIRECTORY .....since we have had several successes at this point, i am inclined to believe that it is something that i am doing wrong.....i am however making some changes to the executable file to see what happens.....going to try to "fool" it into thinking that it is pointing to the right file so no one should see this error ever ....... but i also have my mind on another project as well........ (easy, user friendly, splash screen utility, for linux AND windows) ..... but that will be a topic for another thread :)

jhf.png

#105 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:36 AM

I have a new idea as well, also universal. We should get giant on a chat later this week and throw the ideas around.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
If you PM me here, I'll get it eventually, but I'm constantly on the move. If you need to reach me more quickly, email me at stealthmouse@gmail.com and add DroidRZR PERSONAL MESSAGE to subject line. Thanks!

#106 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:03 AM

I have a new idea as well, also universal. We should get giant on a chat later this week and throw the ideas around.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

ok sounds good..... by the way.... i think i figured out that my hasty installation of the 64 bit ubuntu was the problem..... will be running it again this morning ... :-)

jhf.png

#107 obeygiant

obeygiant

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 79 posts
  • Twitter:obey22giant
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/109248393171126077439/about

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:28 AM

.....well ...... even in 64 bit (on my fresh install of 64bit) webtop failed....., now root is failing..... giving me the error starting at line 304..../FILES/ADB.LINUX: NO SUCH FILE OR DIRECTORY .....since we have had several successes at this point, i am inclined to believe that it is something that i am doing wrong.....i am however making some changes to the executable file to see what happens.....going to try to "fool" it into thinking that it is pointing to the right file so no one should see this error ever ....... but i also have my mind on another project as well........ (easy, user friendly, splash screen utility, for linux AND windows) ..... but that will be a topic for another thread

I had actually spent a few hours last night with the Google gods downloading different java GUIs for kindle fire that are Linux/Mac/Windows compatible and trying to figure out what I needed to do to make that happen here. Possibly above my pay grade, but worth a shot!

Stealth, I just read your pm. Great idea, but I'm going to need alot more knowledge to make that happen!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#108 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:00 AM

I had actually spent a few hours last night with the Google gods downloading different java GUIs for kindle fire that are Linux/Mac/Windows compatible and trying to figure out what I needed to do to make that happen here. Possibly above my pay grade, but worth a shot!

Stealth, I just read your pm. Great idea, but I'm going to need alot more knowledge to make that happen!

You think that now, but the joy of open source is that it's all been done before. And these are pretty simple commands, not proprietary. I'm going to toy with it a bit, but probably will be a will be a while before a I start on it anyway. I'm trying to develop something for (gulp) iOS (don't tell anyone I wrote that). And I'm going to try to get its App Store name to be Android ________ or something like that. Apple never seems to be able to take a joke very well, though.

#109 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:02 AM

You think that now, but the joy of open source is that it's all been done before. And these are pretty simple commands, not proprietary. I'm going to toy with it a bit, but probably will be a will be a while before a I start on it anyway. I'm trying to develop something for (gulp) iOS (don't tell anyone I wrote that). And I'm going to try to get its App Store name to be Android ________ or something like that. Apple never seems to be able to take a joke very well, though.

nice..... an apple app called android..... :-)

jhf.png

#110 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

Finally got my ubuntu back up and running.... testing can resume (on my end anyway) :-)

jhf.png

#111 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,479 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:37 AM

Just wanted to pop in and say I stole this script for my Linux/Mac Bionic people. I rewrote it obviously but I used a lot of the foundation and really appreciate that this was put together. A big thanks!!!

Non potest esse nisi unus

#112 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:41 AM

Just wanted to pop in and say I stole this script for my Linux/Mac Bionic people. I rewrote it obviously but I used a lot of the foundation and really appreciate that this was put together. A big thanks!!!

is it working ok so far for you as we have had some various errors and failures with this version of the utility....

jhf.png

#113 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,479 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:47 AM

Don't know. I'm not on linux so I have people that will be testing it as soon as it's done uploading to my host. Mine is *VERY* basic. It only flashes system, preinstall, webtop, and a boot img from the update they're installing and nothing more. I ripped out 90% of the script to get it down to basics so I can build up what I need. What parts aren't working? I need fastboot to work and the auto-detection to select the right fastboot binary....does that part work?

#114 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

Don't know. I'm not on linux so I have people that will be testing it as soon as it's done uploading to my host. Mine is *VERY* basic. It only flashes system, preinstall, webtop, and a boot img from the update they're installing and nothing more. I ripped out 90% of the script to get it down to basics so I can build up what I need. What parts aren't working? I need fastboot to work and the auto-detection to select the right fastboot binary....does that part work?

the auto detection is working fine(thanks to obeygiant)..... fastboot is working..... where we have been coming across failures is mostly in 32 bit linux.... webtop fails to flash due to size..... the device rejects it....

jhf.png

#115 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,479 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:54 AM

the auto detection is working fine(thanks to obeygiant)..... fastboot is working..... where we have been coming across failures is mostly in 32 bit linux.... webtop fails to flash due to size..... the device rejects it....

Oh goodie. Thanks for the warning cause it's very possible my testers will run into it. Ack. Not much we can do about that one I don't think.

#116 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:00 AM

Oh goodie. Thanks for the warning cause it's very possible my testers will run into it. Ack. Not much we can do about that one I don't think.

we are working on getting around it..... windoze basically "splits" it into smaller portions for the flash .... trying to get Linux to do the same...... I just got my Ubuntu back up (I hosed GRUB and couldn't boot) .... so now I can continue.....

jhf.png

#117 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,479 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:02 AM

Oh very kuel. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see how you make out. If you need a hand with anything let me know. I really should get a linux install together at some point so I can test my own stuff. I hope you succeed!

#118 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:10 AM

Oh very kuel. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see how you make out. If you need a hand with anything let me know. I really should get a linux install together at some point so I can test my own stuff. I hope you succeed!

thanx....... best of luck with yours as well... :-)

jhf.png

#119 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,479 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:15 AM

At least one of my testers has 64 bit Ubuntu so that's good at least. He said "32 bit is for wimps". LMAO. I agree, but, we can't assume. :)

#120 obeygiant

obeygiant

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 79 posts
  • Twitter:obey22giant
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/109248393171126077439/about

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:15 AM

That's great, hope it helps you guys! Did you download from the op, or the updated utility from post 84? The one from post 84 addresses many 32 bit/64 bit errors. If you need the new updated script, I'd be glad to dropbox it for you so you don't have to download the entire Gig and a half utility.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: utility, mac, linux, 1.8, 1.81, ICS stock restore

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users