Photo

Obsidian's for JB OTA /UPDATE/FXZ/RSD/ROMS/ROOT(wip)/Threads/Guides/SafeStrap/***

bionic ics leak rom safestrap obsidian root

• Please log in to reply
641 replies to this topic

#441 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts
  • Twitter:@Obsidian_22

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:17 AM

Hanging in there. Work is killing me right now. And although the soak emails went out for RAZR, uh, hmmmm...that's it. Total silence now.

That's not good... Hopefully it'll be soon. Has someone been checking the server for the leak?

Sent from my XT875 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

OG ---------> DX ----------> Bionic

#442 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,463 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:43 AM

That's not good... Hopefully it'll be soon. Has someone been checking the server for the leak?

Cheesecake is dead. Well, that's not 100% true anymore. Let me rephrase...they aren't using those servers for builds. So there are no "leaks" to find.
  • Int_Rnd_Pooka likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#443 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

Cheesecake is dead. Well, that's not 100% true anymore. Let me rephrase...they aren't using those servers for builds. So there are no "leaks" to find.

Well that sucks... We finally made the process too easy for noobs to do and they are probably getting overwhelmed by issues with people that aren't running an ota lol

#444 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,463 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:41 AM

Well that sucks... We finally made the process too easy for noobs to do and they are probably getting overwhelmed by issues with people that aren't running an ota lol

Yea. We knew they wanted to kill cheesecake for a while. With ICS they finally did it. Although there's been work on making it work on ICS and JB, they're finding the servers empty of all builds. Good times.

#445 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

Yea. We knew they wanted to kill cheesecake for a while. With ICS they finally did it. Although there's been work on making it work on ICS and JB, they're finding the servers empty of all builds. Good times.

I honestly don't blame them. People criticizing unfinished work would be annoying not to mention unappreciative. You know exactly how that feels

#446 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,463 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

I honestly don't blame them. People criticizing unfinished work would be annoying not to mention unappreciative. You know exactly how that feels

LOL what are you trying to say? :P HEHHE. Yea, they don't appreciate finished work, either, so...

#447 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

LOL what are you trying to say? :P HEHHE. Yea, they don't appreciate finished work, either, so...

True Story... Yeah I'll never get that. Especially when it is free. The best is when it is labeled as alpha or beta and people beotch about bugs

#448 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

True Story... Yeah I'll never get that. Especially when it is free. The best is when it is labeled as alpha or beta and people beotch about bugs

#449 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,463 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

As a professional software engineer, believe me, I more than understand and sympathize. It's not very enjoyable. But once in a while the "good users" make up for it. :)

#450 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

As a professional software engineer, believe me, I more than understand and sympathize. It's not very enjoyable. But once in a while the "good users" make up for it. :)

So few and far between :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

#451 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,463 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:57 AM

So few and far between :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Not in the bionic community. I've found that the majority do appreciate hard work. Don't get me wrong, I've had my share of pain, but overall we have a pretty good group.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD
  • Obsidian, Int_Rnd_Pooka and soocold like this

#452 brainwash1

brainwash1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:59 AM

The problem is that those of us who do appreciate all the hard work are often less vocal than the grousing grumblers who want to complain.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2
  • BleedsOandB and hilbili like this

#453 BleedsOandB

BleedsOandB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Twitter:BleedsOandB

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

Wanted to post some information I either found or have learned about the 4.2.2 roms.

1. I figured out that the stock wifi tether app works. When you fire it up the name might not be what you set it up as but the password will be.

2. The camera will work. The way you get it to work is buy downloading a 3rd party app (like camera zoom fx) and on a fresh reboot open that app and not the stock camera. If you try to open (or already have tried) the stock app the 3rd party app won't work but as long as you haven't opened the stock app the 3rd party app will continue to work. Best thing to do is hide the stock app's icon in your drawer and remove it from your desktop if it's there.

3. Use a 3rd party sms/mms and keyboard to have them work flawlessly. I use go sms with SwiftKey.

Do those things and your 4.2.2 rom will become your DD

Does bluetooth work for either tethering or calling?

#454 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

Does bluetooth work for either tethering or calling?

Not that I know of...

• BleedsOandB likes this

#455 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

It's all these little things that keep me from running a JB ROM as my daily driver. It's all these little things that make me want to build locally and play around with it. I'm no code or hardware guru, but it's fun to try to track down and tend to these things

#456 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

Even if I fail, I learn

#457 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,463 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

Yea, and I simply don't have time to mess with rom stuff. Nor is my laptop really suited to building it. My new laptop will be whenever I get around to saving up for one. :D By then I hope to have a phone where you can flash partitions instead of relying on safestrap. It's the lack of ability to flash a kernel that's causing all these problems.
  • Int_Rnd_Pooka and hilbili like this

#458 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

Yea, and I simply don't have time to mess with rom stuff. Nor is my laptop really suited to building it. My new laptop will be whenever I get around to saving up for one. :D By then I hope to have a phone where you can flash partitions instead of relying on safestrap. It's the lack of ability to flash a kernel that's causing all these problems.

Why don't you build a desktop then? I'm sorry but building a compiling/gaming beast of a laptop seems like such a waste to me. Oh and I agree with the rest of what you said ;-)

#459 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Delete

#460 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

delete please

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bionic, ics, leak, rom, safestrap, obsidian, root

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users