Photo

Obsidian's for JB OTA /UPDATE/FXZ/RSD/ROMS/ROOT(wip)/Threads/Guides/SafeStrap/***

bionic ics leak rom safestrap obsidian root

• Please log in to reply
641 replies to this topic

#401 eye__dea

eye__dea

Developer

• Developer
  • 814 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:01 AM

Hey Everyone...

Thread Update:

I hit up dubsx the other day to see if he was going to put out any themes for Eclipse 1.2.1 and luckily my asking motivated him to put a couple out. Dubsx doesn't even have a Bionic anymore so everyone make sure you at least thank him or throw him a few bucks.

I added a little Eclipse section at the top of the Blur Rom section. I added in both of Dubsx themes and a battery mod thread eye_dea posted (batt mods made by multiple people but eye_dea was the one who posted them) so toss out some thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Thanks for adding those mods man.

#402 eye__dea

eye__dea

Developer

• Developer
  • 814 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:04 AM

THANKS!!! I've been half jonesing for some themes. Now that I know there are some, it's progressed to a full on obsessive need. Was afraid to try applying eye_dea's linked battery mods, because I wasn't entirely sure the compatibility with Eclipse was there either.

Now I have to see if I can nandroid/restore the stock slot in Safestrap v3, since that's where my Eclipse lives

No need to be afraid man. Those battery mods linked in the OP are made for Eclipse. The battery mods on the Blurry thread are made for Blurry. I had to show some support to Eclipse because it is an excellent ROM.
  • Int_Rnd_Pooka likes this

#403 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts
  • Twitter:@Obsidian_22

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

thanks man, the support is appreciated!
and for the record, this is one of the most useful threads I've seen in my years on many forums, just an awesome resource...great job putting it together and maintaining it, Bionic community is lucky to have this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Dubsx you've always been there tossing out free themes for the Bionic community since the start and that kind of dedication to keeping Android free to the public is what earns the respect and support of myself and others. Especially when so many people jumped on the Theme Chooser bandwagon and ditched their roots...
Thanks for the compliments though broham. This is my way of giving back to a phone that almost got forgotten. I wish I had the time to invest in coding but having sole custody of my 10 yr old son takes precedence. Obviously he deserves the time more than all y'all bums :-)

THANKS!!! I've been half jonesing for some themes. Now that I know there are some, it's progressed to a full on obsessive need. Was afraid to try applying eye_dea's linked battery mods, because I wasn't entirely sure the compatibility with Eclipse was there either.

Now I have to see if I can nandroid/restore the stock slot in Safestrap v3, since that's where my Eclipse lives

Yeah I flashed all of the battery mods myself before I posted the link just to make sure.

Thanks for adding those mods man.

NP, Thanks for making the thread. I wish all of you guys (that make things like that, mods, themes, roms) would hit me up and let me know what you are putting together so I can add your links to my OPs.

For some reason people always tell me that they thought I would be unapproachable. Or that I would put them down and tell them I already knew about their thread but didn't add it because it sucks. Clearly I'm not like that and hope that the rest of the knowledgeable people that are in some sort of a power position within their community would stop being like that. Much more innovation and improvements come from groups that are supportive rather than those that are cynical & intolerant.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
OG ---------> DX ----------> Bionic

#404 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:02 AM

Yeah, once you posted them, I figured they were safe. But when I saw the links in the Blurry OP, I wondered how risky it was to use them on the Eclipse ROM, since they usually modify the framework files and there were likely differences in the frameworks between the two ROMs.

Loving the background transparency in the Venom theme. It took me a second to realize it was transparency on purpose and thought I had screwed something up from some other crap I had been doing :)

#405 chuck54

chuck54

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

LIQUIDSMOOTH CM9KEX V1.1(Kexec) --- by SPJESTER

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I cant find a way to download from this link. What do I do to download it?

#406 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

LIQUIDSMOOTH CM9KEX V1.1(Kexec) --- by SPJESTER

I cant find a way to download from this link. What do I do to download it?

This ROM has been removed to the legacy ROM Section, it is no longer being developed

^^ First line in the OP ^^

And the last 5 or 10 lines in the OP have all the download links

#407 eye__dea

eye__dea

Developer

• Developer
  • 814 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:27 AM

Added Blurry_Silverized Theme for Blurry_1.4

Get it here in ROM Mod section:

#408 jordan.colson

jordan.colson

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:40 AM

For the roms that I "should flash in safestrap" what are the risks of bootstrapping it/is my world going to end on me if I try to bootstrap a Burry or an Eclipse?

#409 dragon

dragon

Puff the Magic Dragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Twitter:foamerman
  • LocationLand of Honalee
  • Current Device(s):Unlocked RAZR MAXX HD retired Bionic, Thunderbolt and OG Droid

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:40 AM

For the roms that I "should flash in safestrap" what are the risks of bootstrapping it/is my world going to end on me if I try to bootstrap a Burry or an Eclipse?

I believe you will be in what's called the bootloop world. No your world won't end but you will be in the crapper until you can get out of it LOL......... :)

Puff the Magic Dragon

Sent from my Computer using windows 8

#410 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:42 AM

I believe you will be in what's called the bootloop world. No your world won't end but you will be in the crapper until you can get out of it LOL......... :)

I just tried to install Blurry with Bootstrap last week. Don't bother, because it bootloops. Safestrap only

It took an FXZ to get back to a usable state, or if you're familiar enough with fastboot flashing, you could just push /system then go into stock recovery and wipe data/cache

#411 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:49 AM

On a very similar note, does anyone know what format the img files inside the FXZ are using? I'd love to be able to dump a system image and use fastboot or RSDLite to push Eclipse to a phone without the fuss of a full FXZ, root, install Bootstrap, reboot, and flash. If I could dump the /system and /preinstall partitions to the appropriate img format, it would be easy to modify an .xml to push those over and to wipe /data and /cache so that after the FXZ, you're running Eclipse with Safestrap or Bootstrap already installed.

#412 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,463 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:48 AM

Use winimage to open them.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Non potest esse nisi unus

#413 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:39 AM

Use winimage to open them.

Oh, I'm sure I could open the existing ones, but as far as creating new ones from the partitions on my phone as they are on a fresh install of <WTF-ever> ROM? I didn't think I was able to access the /system or /preinstall directly from windows. Or is there a fastboot command in linux maybe that allows me to make a dump instead of pushing an img to the phone?

#414 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,463 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:17 AM

Dd but I don't know the full command off the top of my head.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#415 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:19 AM

Dd but I don't know the full command off the top of my head.

You can *GET* to those partitions? I know how to use dd to dump an image from something. It's a pretty straightforward command, but my worry was that Moto had everything locked down so much that you couldn't even see the partitions when you had the phone attached via USB and booted into fastboot. I don't usually get a lot of time on the actual PC anymore to test this stuff and always forget to when I do (Today was spent trying to figure out some stupid CM9 build problems I'm having)

#416 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:09 AM

Darn it! I didn't get a DNA in my stocking. Guess that means I still have to plug away at the CM9/10 for Bionic

#417 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts
  • Twitter:@Obsidian_22

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

Darn it! I didn't get a DNA in my stocking. Guess that means I still have to plug away at the CM9/10 for Bionic

Lol... I am soooo close to getting a new device

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
OG ---------> DX ----------> Bionic

#418 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

If I could afford one off contract, I would. But, my upgrade isn't until like 2013/14

#419 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

Well, after what feels like years of fighting with the android source tree, a bit of brute forcing through some code errors and trial and error on others (Yeah, I suck. I'm no real dev), I managed to get CM9 to build again. It's been just over 2 months since the last one.

No. I haven't done any crazy changes to it. It's still like before. This is almost straight up the plain CM code with the modifications STS-Dev-Team made to get it working on the Bionic. A center clock option was added, but that's it.

Just flashed it, and waiting for it to finish optimizing apps, but the fact that it did flash is encouraging.

For anyone who wants it, here goes:

• milski65 likes this

#420 milski65

milski65

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Twitter:milski65

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:37 AM

Thanks for the update pooka. And sorry Santa didn't drop off your DNA.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bionic, ics, leak, rom, safestrap, obsidian, root

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users