Sinju33

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationGeorgia (US)
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

Couldn't get a new phone from VZW, calling Moto tomorrow. Before I update to JB I'll take what I got fix all the bugs and send it out. No guarantee it'l be stable, everything will work or battery will be good though. I'll keep Flick 5.0 up because of this.

K. I was would've been surprised if VZW actually gave you a phone... but I DID (and still do) have my fingers crossed for you ;)

#2562 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts
  • Twitter:@BytecodeMe
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4, Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

K. I was would've been surprised if VZW actually gave you a phone... but I DID (and still do) have my fingers crossed for you ;)

Me too. If all else fails and I'm really desperate I can always sell this phone and get a new Razr.
  • Sinju33 likes this

byte3plusrainbowsmallllllllller.png

#2563 striker85

striker85

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:55 AM

Ok, so this is the second major issue I've had with Flick. Don't take that the wrong way, I love this ROM.

But the first time, I rebooted the phone after the battery died and it had "encryption failed" error and I had to wipe back to stock to fix it.

Now, I rebooted for the same reason and upon boot, Nova was crashing instantly, every time. I got into settings and cleared the cache/data for nova and force stopped it. But still crash. Stupidly (this is my own fault), I uninstalled nova, thinking it would default to stock launcher. Obviously, it didn't. Now I have to wipe the phone again because Flick randomly decided to take a dump on itself.

#2564 mvp4him3

mvp4him3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 7, RazR MAXX

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:51 AM

Its fast, smooth, light... and YES very blacked out. Flick 4 quickly became my favorite ICS Rom and 5 is even better. And best of all, the developer is VERY involved and highly responsive.

Hmm might have to get in on this ROM also and try both!! Yeah cannot wait for both this and BW to release the JB stable ROM. Are there any screen shots? I looked into the pages and couldnt find any.
Posted Image

#2565 imhowie

imhowie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

I'm on JB and can't wait for flick to come out for it. If you need someone to test it I'd be willing too

Same here. Really looking forward to a JB ROM from you and I would also be willing to test it for you. Keep up the good work!

One request is that you don't put it out too fast. It seems like some of the other JB ROMs that have been put out so far were hastily put together.

#2566 Sinju33

Sinju33

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationGeorgia (US)

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

Are there any screen shots? I looked into the pages and couldnt find any.

What kind of shots are you looking for? It uses the Nova launcher, which most of us tailor to our own tastes... ???

Edit: I'm getting ready to install the JB Dual Boot so pretty soon I won't be up to screen shots for a bit ;)

#2567 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

People who are still on ICS kernel or can get back on it please PM me? I didn't call Moto today, but will tomorrow if they're open. Wanna get out Flick Prime out to da masses soon lol
  • mugsy77, todroid and Suniel like this

#2568 djholograf

djholograf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationSouthern California
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid RAZR XT912

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

Same here. Really looking forward to a JB ROM from you and I would also be willing to test it for you. Keep up the good work!

One request is that you don't put it out too fast. It seems like some of the other JB ROMs that have been put out so far were hastily put together.

I second a flick jb rom however, the triple core jb rom by tsc is pretty stable. They are literally one update away from a fully stable release.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#2569 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

I second a flick jb rom however, the triple core jb rom by tsc is pretty stable. They are literally one update away from a fully stable release.

Don't have a build that boots yet because:

1. Can't put it on my phone.

2. Its 3X harder to test builds

3. I'm not rooted.

So you guys will definitely see it, but give it a few weeks.

Differences of Flick for ICS to JB:

I like more of the blur, its going to be a lot blurrier.

More of a battery life focus because JB already is smooth

Any input for what you would like to see in JB?

• mugsy77 likes this

#2570 neckchop

neckchop

pluh!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Locationatlantic City
  • Current Device(s):razr HD, razr m, note 10.1

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

I lived flick, but especially when it got to the point of being inverted. That would be my only input. Once flick on ICS was inverted, it was perfect. I enjoy the hell out of flashing new things, but I got to the point where I stayed on flick, right up until I flashed the leak, because there was literally no issues with it. Thanks for all the hard work Byte.
  • Sinju33 likes this

#2571 ScottL

ScottL

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

My awesome Flick 5 experience has become very laggy (sometimes 5 seconds or more to open apps) and I'm experiencing many FCs and other errors. I have cleared caches and rebooted with little improvement.

If I were to flash Flick 5 again would all my data remain intact? Is there anything other than a full Titanium backup that I should do before or after?

Thanks!

#2572 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

My awesome Flick 5 experience has become very laggy (sometimes 5 seconds or more to open apps) and I'm experiencing many FCs and other errors. I have cleared caches and rebooted with little improvement.

If I were to flash Flick 5 again would all my data remain intact? Is there anything other than a full Titanium backup that I should do before or after?

Thanks!

Yes reflash, if that doesn't work, wipe data and reflash.

#2573 ScottL

ScottL

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:13 AM

Yes reflash, if that doesn't work, wipe data and reflash.

What a difference! I cleared caches and re-flashed. Handcent took 9 seconds to open this morning and after flash it takes ~2 seconds. Instant would be nice, but I have about 4500 messages and some with pics so I realize loading that mess takes time. And the search soft key loads Google Search & keyboard in 2 or 3 seconds vs over 10 (frequently followed by FC). This will hold me till I see some Bean Flickin' going on. :) Thanks.

#2574 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

What a difference! I cleared caches and re-flashed. Handcent took 9 seconds to open this morning and after flash it takes ~2 seconds. Instant would be nice, but I have about 4500 messages and some with pics so I realize loading that mess takes time. And the search soft key loads Google Search & keyboard in 2 or 3 seconds vs over 10 (frequently followed by FC). This will hold me till I see some Bean Flickin' going on. :) Thanks.

Haha, I wanna release some real polished crap first time but can't really lol
  • Sinju33 likes this

#2575 Einsteindks

Einsteindks

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Strangely enough, I miss the occasional onslaught of Flick updates and help requests. My backup Razr took the Ota just fine, but I had a problem with root. So I'm staying on ICS until they get JB fixed officially. My inbox remains quiet.

#2576 Sinju33

Sinju33

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationGeorgia (US)

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

Strangely enough, I miss the occasional onslaught of Flick updates and help requests. My backup Razr took the Ota just fine, but I had a problem with root. So I'm staying on ICS until they get JB fixed officially. My inbox remains quiet.

I'm using the JB Dual Boot. Works beautifully! I won't actually update a JB until the official update comes out... But I sure am enjoying the heck out of some JB ROMs ;)

#2577 zx13xz

zx13xz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

I've been wanting to do the jb dual boot but I'm not sure how quite to go about it because my stock partition is on .215 and I don't want to mess up and lose flick on my other partition.

#2578 Sinju33

Sinju33

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationGeorgia (US)

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

I've been wanting to do the jb dual boot but I'm not sure how quite to go about it because my stock partition is on .215 and I don't want to mess up and lose flick on my other partition.

You should read through the forum on it. I believe it works with .215. People talk about it there.

#2579 Einsteindks

Einsteindks

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:20 AM

Way too many JB ROMs floating around with a non-JB kernal for me. Ill wait for the real thing.

#2580 Oaklands

Oaklands

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:49 AM

I am using the .215 and it works great. Just follow the instructions from the link below. Of course I will probably get blasted for referring you to a site where the powers of above don't like the developer. He also has a great rom in that thread that is really smooth under the JB Kernel.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• Sinju33 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blur based, ICS, deodexed, Bytecode, Flick, inverted, AOSP, Razr, CDMA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users