#61 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:09 AM

I had it happen yesterday but then again I had been using it for about an hours straight so i just assumed it was due too a lot of use... But now that it has been mentioned, i would say sometimes it has been a bit hotter than Full Throttle.

Here is another shot of mine for the last 24 hours:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

122.58KB   36 downloads

I'm not sure why you're having this issue. Could you try to use an app like I am using to log your battery temps so we can see perhaps when it happens and then determine what you may have been doing at that time? Yesterdays peak was 35c, which is still under 100f. And I mount this thing on to my windshield. I had it out on a table for 2 hours yesterday while by my pool. So I'm not sure why you are having these issues.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#62 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:12 AM

CM10 is being called Alpha still, and it is being worked on directly. If any benefits shows up in the CM9 Kexec builds it is just coincidental overlap.

That is also true. Anything with Kexec attached is gonna have growing pains. And as soon as we get stable data going on CM10 Kexec, I'm going to port the goodies from this rom over to that one.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#63 darktoy

darktoy

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:40 AM

"You MUST have Safestrap 2.11. It must be installed on your NON-SAFE side first (if you haven't done this already)"

I recently installed Safestrap 2.11 over Safestrap 2.0 with in a Rom. I'm a little confused if I'm supposed to go back to the Stock and then install it then or if what I did was okay.

Thanks again

#64 DSomers82

DSomers82

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Twitter:dsomers82
  • LocationLakes Region NH

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

Not sure if its something I did, but I've had problems with making phone calls since I switched over to this ROM. It keeps not connecting, then it went to roaming (where I'm not roaming), and now it keeps telling me that com.android.phone has stopped working! Any suggestions?

#65 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:57 AM

Added a bunch of underhood changes over the last couple days. Some, I felt eliminated random reboots.

#66 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:59 AM

"You MUST have Safestrap 2.11. It must be installed on your NON-SAFE side first (if you haven't done this already)"

I recently installed Safestrap 2.11 over Safestrap 2.0 with in a Rom. I'm a little confused if I'm supposed to go back to the Stock and then install it then or if what I did was okay.

Thanks again

Ok, If you are going to be running a Kexec Rom, or one that's going to be including any custom kernel than you must first going into Safestrap and toggle back to your nonsafe side. (your stock, rooted system). Then install Safestrap 2.11 in there, this way it carries over to whatever rom you run, including custom kernels on your safeside. Just installed 2.11 within you safeside rom won't work because once you format your system, SS 2.11 disappears with it. Hope that helps

#67 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:00 AM

Not sure if its something I did, but I've had problems with making phone calls since I switched over to this ROM. It keeps not connecting, then it went to roaming (where I'm not roaming), and now it keeps telling me that com.android.phone has stopped working! Any suggestions?

Not sure, that hasn't happened to me. Perhaps if anyone else has had it happen they could chime in? If it keeps up flash the newest Version that I released today. Just wipe cache's first. If that doesn't fix it, you may need to wipe data as well. But just reflash the system first.

#68 imhowie

imhowie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

Got the 1.6 version and seems to be running smoothly. Keep up the good work!
  • lightsword likes this

#69 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:14 PM

Got the 1.6 version and seems to be running smoothly. Keep up the good work!

I'm working every day on making this better.
  • lightsword likes this

#70 aarnold0805

aarnold0805

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Twitter:aarnold3273
  • Google+:aarnold0805@gmail.com
  • LocationRiverton, WY.

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:39 PM

Dude this Rom is so smooth and quick, and whatever you did on this last update made it even better. Thank you for your hard work:ph34r:

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
Sent from my 209 KOA RAZR

#71 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

Dude this Rom is so smooth and quick, and whatever you did on this last update made it even better. Thank you for your hard work:ph34r:

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Thank you very much. I try. If anything, send a donation towards Levithian26, it was his help/influence with init.d that got this thing running better.

#72 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:31 PM

Ok, If you are going to be running a Kexec Rom, or one that's going to be including any custom kernel than you must first going into Safestrap and toggle back to your nonsafe side. (your stock, rooted system). Then install Safestrap 2.11 in there, this way it carries over to whatever rom you run, including custom kernels on your safeside. Just installed 2.11 within you safeside rom won't work because once you format your system, SS 2.11 disappears with it. Hope that helps

OK. Well, it's been a while since I read about it but it seems to me that the way Hashcode explained it, safestrap gets installed to the preinstall folder. The preinstall folder isn't a subfolder of the system folder so it seems to me that it should work fine regardless of whether it's installed on the safe side or the nonsafe side. Also, I seem to remember seeing where Hashcode said it could be installed on either side. I'm going to give it a try sometime this weekend and find out the hard way I guess. :)

Now that I think about it, mine is installed from the safe side and I've installed a couple roms since I installed it that way. Formatted /system both times and it worked fine. Is there something diffferent about a Kexec rom from a non Kexec rom? Seems to me that formatting the system partition is formatting the system partition regardless of what rom you're going to install. Anyway, I'm not trying to challenge you in this, it's just that I'm somewhat confused now. So, have to ask. :)

Whatever the case, I'll be a guinea pig for everybody. Sometime in the next day or two I'll give it a try. Unless I hear the world will come to an end if I do. :)

#73 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:18 AM

Correct robo. It can be installed from either side with no issues as only the app is tied to a system. The recovery is safe from wipes. As /data is shared by both sides it wouldn't matter which side you installed from for the app either.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#74 Gimpeh

Gimpeh

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:09 AM

Does the kernel stay loaded into the ram after boot? I noticed less available ram using the kexec builds.

#75 jpmoo

jpmoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:32 AM

Edited: orig question answered earlier in the thread, but here's another...

When I look at battery in settings, it says I've only been on battery for about 20 min. But it's been running for a few hours. Never saw that before. Anyone else?

#76 TheBurgh

TheBurgh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:20 PM

Been running all day with no problems. Super smooth. Thanks for a great build.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#77 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:01 PM

OK. Well, it's been a while since I read about it but it seems to me that the way Hashcode explained it, safestrap gets installed to the preinstall folder. The preinstall folder isn't a subfolder of the system folder so it seems to me that it should work fine regardless of whether it's installed on the safe side or the nonsafe side. Also, I seem to remember seeing where Hashcode said it could be installed on either side. I'm going to give it a try sometime this weekend and find out the hard way I guess. :)

Now that I think about it, mine is installed from the safe side and I've installed a couple roms since I installed it that way. Formatted /system both times and it worked fine. Is there something diffferent about a Kexec rom from a non Kexec rom? Seems to me that formatting the system partition is formatting the system partition regardless of what rom you're going to install. Anyway, I'm not trying to challenge you in this, it's just that I'm somewhat confused now. So, have to ask. :)

Whatever the case, I'll be a guinea pig for everybody. Sometime in the next day or two I'll give it a try. Unless I hear the world will come to an end if I do. :)

Correct robo. It can be installed from either side with no issues as only the app is tied to a system. The recovery is safe from wipes. As /data is shared by both sides it wouldn't matter which side you installed from for the app either.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

This is ony true if you are using a Non Kexec build. Normal roms share the kernel between the nonsafe and safe side. But, when you install a Kexec rom, your version of SS must be updated to 2.11 on the Nonsafe side or it will cause problems because you are on a separate kernel. If you don't believe me. Take it from the horses mouth.

On KEXEC ROMs you can't update Safestrap on the Safe side. Need to toggle back to non-safe side and update there. I'm looking into it.

Or Read it yourself

#78 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

Updated from 1.6 to 1.6.5

But please Read:

Those who are on 1.6 can stay there. 1.6.5 ONLY adds GAaps and Google Now to be flashed all at once with the rom. So if you've already got your gapps and google now going, 1.6.5 won't do anything new for you. If you are new to Jekyll. 1.6.5 is the only Zip you'll need for the full experience. I HATE HAVING FLASH GAPPS!!

#79 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

Does the kernel stay loaded into the ram after boot? I noticed less available ram using the kexec builds.

It does appear that at this point, ram is shared between the two kernels. Are you having issues running out of memory?

#80 jimboslice

jimboslice

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 315 posts
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

Ran this today and so far so good. No stability, data, or overheating issues at all. Nice job :]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ICS, CM9, Kexec, Droid Razr, Razr Maxx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users