115 replies to this topic

#81 Gimpeh

Gimpeh

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:15 PM

It does appear that at this point, ram is shared between the two kernels. Are you having issues running out of memory?

I sure am. I was quite surprised when I checked available ram and it was sitting at 128. I asked hashcode about it and this was his response. "

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

memory is allocated differently in the new kernel. It has reservations, where the moto kernel doesn't."

It looks as if the ram is still being shared but from what he has to say it isn't.

#82 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:46 PM

On KEXEC ROMs you can't update Safestrap on the Safe side. Need to toggle back to non-safe side and update there. I'm looking into it.

Or Read it yourself

Well, I saw that too but perhaps I'm misunderstanding. Or, at least one of us is. More than likely me. :) I took that to mean that if you were already on their Kexec rom, you shouldn't update it on the safe side. The update he was speaking of at the time was an update to the first Kexec safestrap (2.1 I think???) and some were already using the Kexec rom that they had been working on. So, like I said, I understood it to mean that if you had their Kexec rom on the safe side, you needed to update it on the nonsafe side. And, if you weren't running a Kexec rom, either was fine.

Oh, the joys of communicating on the internet. :)
  • jon1833 likes this

#83 DroidRazrAZ

DroidRazrAZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Twitter:konellaz
  • Google+:konellaz@gmail.com
  • LocationPDX 2 PHX

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:15 AM

You guys all have done great work and have come so far !! Only problem with it no being a daily runner for me is cam. I use the can daily. Other than that! Super slick! Excited to see what's next :)

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

Attached Files

#84 desireaftergod

desireaftergod

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationNH
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Maxx

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:32 AM

What is the best governor for this from?

Posted Image

#85 kpeiczarek

kpeiczarek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:03 AM

im flashing this now i dont use the camera enough to not have this

Edit: just flashed had data as soon as device booted its fast its smooth everything works great job

#86 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:08 AM

Well, I saw that too but perhaps I'm misunderstanding. Or, at least one of us is. More than likely me. :) I took that to mean that if you were already on their Kexec rom, you shouldn't update it on the safe side. The update he was speaking of at the time was an update to the first Kexec safestrap (2.1 I think???) and some were already using the Kexec rom that they had been working on. So, like I said, I understood it to mean that if you had their Kexec rom on the safe side, you needed to update it on the nonsafe side. And, if you weren't running a Kexec rom, either was fine.

Oh, the joys of communicating on the internet. :)

Yeah, thats basically what I was trying to say. Because of the innerworkings of Kexec, it was explained by the dev that it should be installed or updated on the nonsafe side so it's capabilities for flashing kexec kernels would be functional on the safeside.

You guys all have done great work and have come so far !! Only problem with it no being a daily runner for me is cam. I use the can daily. Other than that! Super slick! Excited to see what's next :)

Thank you, I think you got a better quad score than I did!

What is the best governor for this from?

A lot of people prefer hotplug. I don't know a whole lot about what the different ones do as of yet. My focus right now it getting other governors implemented into this kexec build.

im flashing this now i dont use the camera enough to not have this

Edit: just flashed had data as soon as device booted its fast its smooth everything works great job

Nice work, yeah. I think after I did some of the build.prop edits/init.d edits the data does come up a lot faster.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#87 kpeiczarek

kpeiczarek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:34 AM

very nice now i have a strange request where can i find the clock weather and battery widget that you have in the second screenshot

#88 nin

nin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S3

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:39 AM

very nice now i have a strange request where can i find the clock weather and battery widget that you have in the second screenshot

pretty sure thats one more clock widget free on the market

Posted Image

#89 lquarles

lquarles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:58 AM

Sorry if this has been answered, but is the Blur Hotspot built in to this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#90 DroidRazrAZ

DroidRazrAZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Twitter:konellaz
  • Google+:konellaz@gmail.com
  • LocationPDX 2 PHX

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:46 AM

MAXX it out with this ROM I have it tethered to my PC, Bridged connections. I have Pandora streaming on the PC, FB opened, Twitter, and DroidRzr portal. On the 360 im playing Multi-Player Ghost Recon Future Soldier. This was my current speed test from the PC :) not freakin bad. I have had not once Hiccuped in the last hour or so. HMMM pic didnt post, speed was 9MB DL and 5MBup

#91 kpeiczarek

kpeiczarek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:49 AM

pretty sure thats one more clock widget free on the market

thank you now this is perfect

#92 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:19 AM

Yeah, thats basically what I was trying to say. Because of the innerworkings of Kexec, it was explained by the dev that it should be installed or updated on the nonsafe side so it's capabilities for flashing kexec kernels would be functional on the safeside.

OK, guess I was misunderstanding what you were trying to say. Sounds like we were talking apples and apples. We're both on the same page after all. :)

In any event, I flashed this last night and so far it's run flawlessly for me. You did a nice job with it. Smooth and fast. Only negative I can see so far is that data seems a bit weak. No, haven't had any problems with it but the signal itself is weaker than on the blur based roms. On the blur roms my signal at home is usually sitting at 80-85dBm. However, on this one it's at 95, sometimes a bit higher than that. Don't think it's your rom's problem though as I get the same signal reduction with all of the aosp/aokp based roms that I've used. To be honest, I often wonder if it's reporting it incorrectly because the data seems to work just fine. I'll find out when I go back to work I guess. The signal is always iffy there, even with the blur roms. I can get a decent signal but often have to move around a bit to find one. I'll run this until then and if it works out OK there, it'll be a keeper for sure.

Anyway, I have to say, this is a really nice rom. Thanks for all your hard work. ;)

#93 aarnold0805

aarnold0805

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Twitter:aarnold3273
  • Google+:aarnold0805@gmail.com
  • LocationRiverton, WY.

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:29 PM

Lovin this rom, but my phone doesn't seem to be going into deep sleep. Any suggestions?

I am using the app to get the phone into deep sleep.

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
Sent from my 209 KOA RAZR

#94 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:55 PM

rom updated

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#95 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:33 PM

rom updated

tucstwo .. whats new with it.. and whats new with you
  • BytecodeMe likes this
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#96 jcmeyer26

jcmeyer26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

Does this update fix the random reboots?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#97 quiksilvrsb

quiksilvrsb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:50 PM

once the camera works I am gonna flash the s**t out of this!

#98 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:45 PM

tucstwo .. whats new with it.. and whats new with you

Whats new is mainly the cyanogen base updates. What's new with me? If I can't figure out how to make a bootable cm10 sd card fir my girls nook tablet I'm gonna blow my f**king head off cuz I've been at it for 4 days.

Tap'n from my Nexus 7 AOKP

#99 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:45 PM

Does this update fix the random reboots?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I've been told by testers that it does indeed help with that issue specifically.

#100 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:51 AM

Whats new is mainly the cyanogen base updates. What's new with me? If I can't figure out how to make a bootable cm10 sd card fir my girls nook tablet I'm gonna blow my f**king head off cuz I've been at it for 4 days.

Just snag verygreens sdcard setup and drop cm10 over it. Not sure if Modding the filename is still necessary as I've been sticking to dm9 on emmc for a while now.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ICS, CM9, Kexec, Droid Razr, Razr Maxx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users