#181 Nanniepoo

Nanniepoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:49 PM

Went through the full fastboot process and everything worked! Still have root and am about to run TiBu to get everything back to normal

#182 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:09 AM

Great write up Arcanexvi and process. Just read threw all 10 pages and I'm stumped on some of the problems ppl are still haivng after reading & using your write. I've been rooted & used all this stuff including bootstrap, Safe Strap, have run .744, .748, and the leak using either recovery. I've also downgraded back to .748 using the *.zip so i can trade the device off for a Maxx now but i wanted it stock for my buddy so he is on path. Funny thign is that in doing so I've done all these updates, ROMs and even the downgrade without EVER fastbooting my device. Stumps me reading some of these posts on why the troubles some folks are having when they have fastboot back t osqaure one. Anywhoo jus twanted to say thx for your efforts and support in the thread helping folks out. Things are finally calming down for me in real life so i may be able to assist a bit more as well working threw some of this stuff so you aren't getting killed on this. Peace

#183 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:18 AM

Great write up Arcanexvi and process. Just read threw all 10 pages and I'm stumped on some of the problems ppl are still haivng after reading & using your write. I've been rooted & used all this stuff including bootstrap, Safe Strap, have run .744, .748, and the leak using either recovery. I've also downgraded back to .748 using the *.zip so i can trade the device off for a Maxx now but i wanted it stock for my buddy so he is on path. Funny thign is that in doing so I've done all these updates, ROMs and even the downgrade without EVER fastbooting my device. Stumps me reading some of these posts on why the troubles some folks are having when they have fastboot back t osqaure one. Anywhoo jus twanted to say thx for your efforts and support in the thread helping folks out. Things are finally calming down for me in real life so i may be able to assist a bit more as well working threw some of this stuff so you aren't getting killed on this. Peace

Any time. Most people are having issues because they're freezing/deleting bloat from what I can tell. Thanks for the support :)

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#184 mattfox27

mattfox27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Twitter:@Mattfox27
  • Google+:Mattfox27@gmail.com (Gtalk)
  • LocationSoCali

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:19 AM

When i try to install this at the very end of the install it fails on updating "bp" it says installation aborted, i have installed this update before with no issues and im coming from a fully RSD'd .748 stock file nothing changed, very strange i have tried diffrent fastboot restore methods and i still keep erroring out. Any ideas? Its weird to when you reboot it looks like the update has taken but install fails. I haven't installed safestrap or anything like that.

Got it too work, if anyone else gets that error heres what worked for me.

Reinstalled fastbbot files using command line and moto-fastboot.exe
Then RSD
Then redownloaded .173 update i think it was corrupt on my sdcard

then reinstalled and update took.
Don't take me too seriously, its only my opinion...

#185 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:08 PM

DROID RAZR has all files needed to do everything you are doing :) we are a one stop shop. The full fastboot files are in this thread. My thread on how to unbrick your razr and matt has a thread for rsd with full fastboot files .

Sorry for linking offsite then Dirty. Since he referenced Filesonic, I had assumed that the links here had been hosted by them. I should have double checked.

#186 Armus

Armus

The Skin of Evil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:54 AM

I am having an issue restoring root after updating. Everything has worked great otherwise. I RSDed to be on the safe side, wiped everything. Then used the .744 zip (to get to .748) rooted using Rosenberg's one-click root batch file. I get a message saying su is out of date. I update it, then protect it using OTA Rootkeeper. Flash the .748 zip (to get to .173) and restore root. But it doesn't work. The check boxes don't turn green though it says it did it. Titanium says I'm also not rooted.

I've gone back to .748 and rerooted, reflashed .173, etc. a few times. Tried not updating su, that didn't work. It sounds like the issue is in how I'm rooting the phone initally. Can anyone provide insite?

I'm going to RSD/wipe in the mean time

#187 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:27 AM

I am having an issue restoring root after updating. Everything has worked great otherwise. I RSDed to be on the safe side, wiped everything. Then used the .744 zip (to get to .748) rooted using Rosenberg's one-click root batch file. I get a message saying su is out of date. I update it, then protect it using OTA Rootkeeper. Flash the .748 zip (to get to .173) and restore root. But it doesn't work. The check boxes don't turn green though it says it did it. Titanium says I'm also not rooted.

I've gone back to .748 and rerooted, reflashed .173, etc. a few times. Tried not updating su, that didn't work. It sounds like the issue is in how I'm rooting the phone initally. Can anyone provide insite?

I'm going to RSD/wipe in the mean time

my suggestion is to ROOT it after gettign stock .744 back on the device and updating it to .748. Also prior to updating to .748 OTA file after you rooted .744 I would do forever root process (

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

) then still use Rottkeeper to play it safe. Doing it this way will cover all basis and for sure get oyu root access when moving forward

#188 Armus

Armus

The Skin of Evil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:11 AM

I got it to work. after the RSD/wipe, I rooted .744 using zerg v2. Rootkeepered it. When I used zerg v2 I didn't get the message from superuser about the outdated su file. OTA updated. Restored root (just to check it out). Flashed .173 and restored root. tada.

#189 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:19 AM

Nice...... glad you got it worked out, and that is what counts.

#190 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:14 AM

:)

#191 3a4yI7aTiY

3a4yI7aTiY

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Twitter:3a4yI7aTiY
  • Google+:3a4yI7aTiY
  • LocationUkraine, Odessa

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:46 PM

Rsd lite give error when flash fastboot file and battery <50%.. updating bl fail.. charge battery to 60%> and all flash ok

#192 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:56 PM

Rsd lite give error when flash fastboot file and battery <50%.. updating bl fail.. charge battery to 60%> and all flash ok

So... If I'm reading this right, your battery almost died during flash so the flash failed, you charged it above 60% and re-flashed and now it's ok?

Posted Image

#193 mytiankong

mytiankong

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:06 AM

Thank you very much!

#194 Nanniepoo

Nanniepoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:03 PM

Anyone an NHL fan? Heard from a friend (he has an HTC T-bolt) Verizon phones with LTE get free premium access to NHL Gamecenter (download the Verizon 4G version from the market) but I can't seem to get it to work. After some googling, from what I understand, when you first click to watch a video, that's when the premium stuff is enabled, and I'm assuming it does a check to see if you have an LTE phone. I'm thinking since my build number/radio version isn't right I'm not passing the "test". Wondering if anyone else uses it or is willing to d/l it and give it a try. Think I might try rolling back to .748, trying it again, and re-flashing the update and hope the premium access sticks.

#195 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:45 PM

Anyone an NHL fan? Heard from a friend (he has an HTC T-bolt) Verizon phones with LTE get free premium access to NHL Gamecenter (download the Verizon 4G version from the market) but I can't seem to get it to work. After some googling, from what I understand, when you first click to watch a video, that's when the premium stuff is enabled, and I'm assuming it does a check to see if you have an LTE phone. I'm thinking since my build number/radio version isn't right I'm not passing the "test". Wondering if anyone else uses it or is willing to d/l it and give it a try. Think I might try rolling back to .748, trying it again, and re-flashing the update and hope the premium access sticks.

I have no issues with mine. Make sure you download the "verizon edition" when you download it.

Posted Image

#196 Nanniepoo

Nanniepoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:02 PM

I have no issues with mine. Make sure you download the "verizon edition" when you download it.

Did you install it on .173 or .748?

#197 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:10 PM

Did you install it on .173 or .748?

Both

Posted Image

#198 superstargoddess

superstargoddess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:11 PM

I'm done screwing with this crap! I worked on my phone for hours last night trying to get this to work. Even though I used OTA Rootkeeper and did everything right (or I thought), I kept having a problem once updated with my Su binary being out of date and then I was unable to restore root using OTA Rootkeeper! I even tried to flash some Su file I got from the AndroidSu site, nothing worked. Once I flashed back to .748 I was fine, but I couldn't do jack crap (Can I cuss here? Hate censoring myself!) while on 173. :angry:
- Motorola Droid RAZR [IC3Razr- always most recent]

#199 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

I followed the instructions in the OP to a T. Everything worked for me.

Rooted Razr 2.3.6 .173

#200 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:31 PM

I'm done screwing with this crap! I worked on my phone for hours last night trying to get this to work. Even though I used OTA Rootkeeper and did everything right (or I thought), I kept having a problem once updated with my Su binary being out of date and then I was unable to restore root using OTA Rootkeeper! I even tried to flash some Su file I got from the AndroidSu site, nothing worked. Once I flashed back to .748 I was fine, but I couldn't do jack crap (Can I cuss here? Hate censoring myself!) while on 173. :angry:

You can update the SU on 173 if it asks for it while on the device itself.You click the notification. May also need to update Superuser.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Update Guide

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users