french

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Twitter:@magikstar29
  • LocationDouarnenez / Finistère / Bretagne / France
  • Current Device(s):HTC Desire Z / Alcatel OT-986 / Huawei U8730

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

my huawei u8730 is now rooted (with the latest firmware)

#343 crazygrouzin

crazygrouzin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:28 AM

my huawei u8730 is now rooted (with the latest firmware)

Hi, I also have bluescreen, how u fixed it? I can also go on pink screen, Also i was rooted with this very simple method with the last update. http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2214495

my phone is u8680

#344 magikstar29

magikstar29

french

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

Hi, I also have bluescreen, how u fixed it? I can also go on pink screen, Also i was rooted with this very simple method with the last update. http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2214495

my phone is u8680

when you turn on the phone you have a blue screen,that's right.

Ok,then connect your phone to computer,you should have an amovible drive,inside it there something missing.

for my huawei U8730 this drive is a folder named ".cust_backup" when i used root explorer.

Normaly it have a folder named "image",inside there's boot.img,recovery.img,amss.mbn,EMMCBOOT.MBN,cust.img

I have backed up it and i have replaced the files then pulled out the battery and turned on the phone,the phone boot normaly.

That's for my device your i don't know but seem the same problem

#345 crazygrouzin

crazygrouzin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:44 PM

when you turn on the phone you have a blue screen,that's right.

Ok,then connect your phone to computer,you should have an amovible drive,inside it there something missing.

for my huawei U8730 this drive is a folder named ".cust_backup" when i used root explorer.

Normaly it have a folder named "image",inside there's boot.img,recovery.img,amss.mbn,EMMCBOOT.MBN,cust.img

I have backed up it and i have replaced the files then pulled out the battery and turned on the phone,the phone boot normaly.

That's for my device your i don't know but seem the same problem

where can i found this folder?when i conect my phone to pc there is only a image file with all this stuff, but nowhere a .cust backup

#346 crazygrouzin

crazygrouzin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:02 PM

So when i conect to microsoft pc there is only the image folder,  when i conect to ubuntu there is 4 folders, and very strangly my interal memory is empty, but still nowhere back up on the other 3 folders.  Any ideas?

#347 magikstar29

magikstar29

french

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:30 AM

https://www.box.com/...g32ygnxnykvkqv7

my backup,try with it into your phone

connect to microsoft pc when your phone is on blue screen

put files of downloaded folder in your "image" folder

pull out the battery,on turn on your phone

#348 crazygrouzin

crazygrouzin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:42 AM

https://www.box.com/...g32ygnxnykvkqv7

my backup,try with it into your phone

connect to microsoft pc when your phone is on blue screen

put files of downloaded folder in your "image" folder

pull out the battery,on turn on your phone

Really thanks man, that was great by u. But i tried everything even changing every format of image folder, But still only huawei logo and bluescreen, i thnk my rom is corupted somehow..

#349 magikstar29

magikstar29

french

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:59 AM

i have formated the drive in FAT32 and put the backup files

try just for looking if it work or not

#350 crazygrouzin

crazygrouzin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:03 AM

i have formated the drive in FAT32 and put the backup files

try just for looking if it work or not

You meen the image folder in pink screen yes?  I tried every format with your files, i cant see even android logo, Only huawei logo and after bluescreen.   Phone is ok cause i can see 4 partisions with ubuntu,  But the rom must be corupted

#351 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:18 AM

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

• crazygrouzin likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#352 crazygrouzin

crazygrouzin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:47 AM

So i formated everything with ubuntu. all the 5 partisions, and stragenly pink screen is working, soo there must be a sixth hiden partision with bootloader. I hope someone will make a update.app for our phone. And i will never never buy their product again,  1.4 gh cpu, 1 gb ram and 2.5 android? come on huawei, really? and no support at all, Even lg has all the firmwares for free,

Samurai u have nothing to loose like me, If u want try this firmware, it didnt work for me, maybe it will for u. https://rapidshare.c...C397A2C850F90C9

EDIT : when i conect pink screen in minitool there is 12 partitions

• SamuraiCX likes this

#353 Mayobe

Mayobe

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:18 PM

I want to try a new method for the newest update. Can someone email me at mattlgroff (at) gmail.com so I can look into an unrooted phone with team viewer?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

I have an unrooted U8680. I think I have the latest upgrade. The build number listed in the 'about phone' screen is U8680V100R001C85B845.

Do you still need to look at one?

EDIT - I guess I can quit being a derp and just email you like you asked.

#354 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (SGH-I727R) (Latest PACMan)

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

So i formated everything with ubuntu. all the 5 partisions, and stragenly pink screen is working, soo there must be a sixth hiden partision with bootloader. I hope someone will make a update.app for our phone. And i will never never buy their product again,  1.4 gh cpu, 1 gb ram and 2.5 android? come on huawei, really? and no support at all, Even lg has all the firmwares for free,

Samurai u have nothing to loose like me, If u want try this firmware, it didnt work for me, maybe it will for u. https://rapidshare.c...C397A2C850F90C9

EDIT : when i conect pink screen in minitool there is 12 partitions

thanks for the suggestion crazygrouzin, I will try it now, will edit this post with result in a bit.

EDIT1: i checked the buildnumbers and they match so I'm getting my hopes up! unfortunately I will have to wait until wednesday/thursday to flash it.

Current:   Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (SGH-I727R) (Latest PACMan nightly, UVMC6 Radio) 

Previous: Huawei T-Mobile MyTouch 4G (U8680) (Stock-rooted, running without cust.img) (still owned)

Samsung Dart (SGH-T499Y) (Stock-rooted) (still owned)

#355 davidang713

davidang713

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):huawei mytouch q

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:36 AM

does this root method work with android 2.3.6?? 

#356 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:39 PM

@davidang713

I haven't used this phone in a while, but I'm 99.999% sure that this phone only has 2.3.6. So depending on your buildnumber, this root method will work on 2.3.6.

Current:   Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (SGH-I727R) (Latest PACMan nightly, UVMC6 Radio) 

Previous: Huawei T-Mobile MyTouch 4G (U8680) (Stock-rooted, running without cust.img) (still owned)

#357 davidang713

davidang713

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):huawei mytouch q

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:47 PM

@davidang713

I haven't used this phone in a while, but I'm 99.999% sure that this phone only has 2.3.6. So depending on your buildnumber, this root method will work on 2.3.6.

build number 8730v100r001c85b845....ive tried countless times but to no avail.

#358 crazygrouzin

crazygrouzin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:28 AM

@davidang713

Hi samurai, did the firmware worked?

#359 lurker

lurker

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

Hey guys! It's been a while since I last viewed this topic. Since the bootloader is still locked, I was just searching up some stuff and I found this:

http://www.huaweidev...d=toApplyUnlock

It is an official huawei unlocking site thing where you have to give them your model number and stuff and they'll send you a password or something to unlock your phone. 

What do you guys think about this? Could it really work? Would we finally be able to flash ROMs onto this phone?? I really hope so! Thanks for your time. :)

EDIT: Oh nevermind...I guess that won't work because the product model of this phone is not available on that site...bummer. Sorry to get your hope up, you guys. :( But do you think it would be possible if we were to request this phone to have its bootloader unlocked?

Edited by lurker, 25 May 2013 - 02:25 PM.

#360 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

@CrazyGrouzin I'm not sure because I don't know how to apply UPDATE.APP to the phone. Can you provide me with a little help on this?

@Lurker I'm planning to send an email to Huawei soon, I'll ask them about bootloader unlock.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users