• Please log in to reply
474 replies to this topic

#381 crazygrouzin

crazygrouzin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:57 AM

its the u8730 and i tried the update on it and it unpacks and fails afterward all i remember is that i used the xda youtube root method to root it but the only way i can get it to update mode is to have it plugged in to the charger other then that it wont power on

try this https://rapidshare.c...A321EE3A1FB2F8F

If it is not working u have to wait like me

#382 magikstar29

magikstar29

french

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Twitter:@magikstar29
  • LocationDouarnenez / Finistère / Bretagne / France
  • Current Device(s):HTC Desire Z / Alcatel OT-986 / Huawei U8730

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:46 AM

new to the forum but had to comment i tried adding beats audio mod to the phone in march and it wont boot been watching the thread like a hawk and you guys are making magic in a phone thats like Afghanistan (bomb up dried and depleted lol) my question is i want to restore it to stock any clue how? i read about fastboot and other possible fixes but is there one that would restore it i just want to sell it im so done with mytouch phones there a nightmare! 

if i were you, first of all, i will boot in original recovery mode (volume+ and power) and wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition and try to reboot the device.

if it not work, try

try this https://rapidshare.c...A321EE3A1FB2F8F

If it is not working u have to wait like me

#383 jb0nez

jb0nez

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

Ok I finally decided it's time to put back the stock apps and do the first OTA update, my wife has been bugging me about the notification. Well, tried to to do it and it failed. I guess I missed "bonusapps.apk"

Now I can't find the update - seems it deleted itself. That and the link to stockapps.zip doesn't work anymore.

I did download HuaweiMytouchFixFlasher.zip and opened it up in Windows, took Bonusapps.apk out and popped it into /system/app. 

But now how do I get the update back? Not the second one, the first one. Also what version is the "bonusapps.apk" from the FixFlasher file from? Is it from the original stock or a later version? Just wondering if the OTA makes itself available again whether that'll cause problems. Otherwise anyone know where to download the OTA? And where to download the original bonusapps.apk?

Thanks!

#384 crazygrouzin

crazygrouzin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:44 AM

if i were you, first of all, i will boot in original recovery mode (volume+ and power) and wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition and try to reboot the device.

if it not work, try

Is there a way to download the update but not to update? To stop it somehow? 

#385 jb0nez

jb0nez

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

I need to know how to download the update as well. If it downloads it via OTA, just don't hit Install Now and then I believe the file is in a directory somewhere in a root dir and you could copy it off. In fact if anyone has done so can you please upload the file for me? Maybe share it on dropbox or something?

Is there a way to download the update but not to update? To stop it somehow? 

#386 Baxzi

Baxzi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:57 PM

I did everything as instructed, and when I press enter on the second screen of the boot menu, the "_" just moves to the next line and nothing happens.

#387 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:16 PM

I did everything as instructed, and when I press enter on the second screen of the boot menu, the "_" just moves to the next line and nothing happens.

Sounds like you are on the updated firmware which cannot be rooted by the method in this thread.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#388 jb0nez

jb0nez

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:35 PM

Getting Bonusapp.apk is what allowed me to finally update. I went ahead and followed the instructions in the PDF file inside Ascend_G312(U8680_Android2.3_...SP03_America_TMO...).zip (336MB), and copied the dload directory to the sdcard. I needed to clear some space up to do it so I moved 1.5GB of movies and pictures off first. Good thing I did because it doesn't tell you until the last line of the PDF that this WIPES YOUR PHONE!! Anyway it installed fine, upgraded me to the first update (from SP01 to SP03). Had to re-set up the Google account, it was like a new phone, no apps or anything. Then I went into About Phone -> Software update and it found and downloaded the 2nd update, 78mb. DAMN I should have copied that file off before I started the update, in case anyone here needed it!! I didn't, I was so eager to just get the update done. It's running now, hoping it didn't wipe. 

Now to debloat. Since Titanium Backup can only get to a few of the bloat files, what's the best way to debloat? Do the cust.img thing? Should I just back it up and delete it, or mount it in unix and remove stuff then put it back? Or has anyone found a more elegant way to debloat?

#389 jb0nez

jb0nez

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:41 PM

Oh DAMNIT. The G312 update of course wiped the system - causing me to lose root. I'm downloading Voodoo OTA rootkeeper now to see if it will be able to restore but I doubt it, this was a new ROM. I should have stopped and re-rooted at SP03. Now that I applied the OTA update I'm SOL on root, aren't I? No way to downgrade this thing is there?

#390 jb0nez

jb0nez

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:16 PM

Hey guess what -- I tried to root, and it worked! On the latest firmware!

#391 magikstar29

magikstar29

french

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:57 AM

Now to debloat. Since Titanium Backup can only get to a few of the bloat files, what's the best way to debloat? Do the cust.img thing? Should I just back it up and delete it, or mount it in unix and remove stuff then put it back? Or has anyone found a more elegant way to debloat?

on my U8730 (mytouch q) i have deleted cust.img on the pink screen

#392 lurker

lurker

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

for me, Huawei U8730 (MyTouch Q) bootloader isn't locked.

if the bootloader was locked, I could not use modified boot.img

my device use an unsecure boot.img

So if the bootloader isn't locked for that version of the phone (that's the one I have), does that mean we can flash a ROM on it after we install CM10 or something on it? Thank you for your time!

#393 videofreak

videofreak

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:03 AM

I'm in China studying and I bought a cheap U8730 from taobao (China's ebay) and it turned out to be an engineering sample. Behind the battery its listed as U8730 T2 SAMPLE.

The root method worked great as the phone was loaded with tmobile bloatware. There was a reference to an engineering test Android 4 ICS rom floating around for the my touch Q but I havn't been able to find it. If anyone has more information I would appreciate it if you share it. 

According to the about phone page

Android 2.3.6

Model number: Buddy

Baseband: 404020

Build number: U8730V100R001C85B814SP03

#394 cody2000

cody2000

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:15 PM

THIS COULD NO HAVE WORKED BETTER! WELL DONE!

#395 lordandcreator

lordandcreator

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:50 PM

Hello everyone. I know that this turned into a development discussion.

I have the U8680 (goes by many names). I spent a month trying to root it.

I had created this account to do that, but along the way, I found a very quick and easy way.

So, I'm leaving this link here for those who just need a quick root for this device.

[I'm very sure this method works with various versions of this phone.]

Works, no issues.

http://forum.xda-dev....php?p=39761155

#396 allenresha

allenresha

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):MyTouch Q 4G

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:02 PM

Thanks for the root tool.  It worked perfectly.  I am new to rooting and this is my 2nd phone.  I am trying to use ROM Manager and I am having issues. 

I install the Rom Manager

Click

---> Install/Update Recover

---> Confirm Phone Model (this is where I get stuck!!!). 

When I look for the phone it doesn't show up so I naturally select

---> Device Not Listed Above and it prompts "T-Mobile MyTouch Q does not have an officially supported ClockworkMod Recovery yet.  Have You installed a ClockWorkMod based reovery manually?" 

My natural inclination is to press "NO".  Is this already on the phone from the root?  If not, where can I get this file?

Thanks!

#397 unholyness_x

unholyness_x

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):mytouch 4g huawei

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:34 AM

it says ,it is still rooting its beeen like that for 15 minutes is that normal?

#398 unholyness_x

unholyness_x

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):mytouch 4g huawei

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:36 AM

aand it is stuck on the android screen

#399 fflint_1e6

fflint_1e6

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:07 PM

I am trying to root my T-mobile Huawei myTouch q, and having a few problems.

Computer:

Debian Gnu/Linux

android-sdk-linux installed

downloaded and extracted HuaweiMyTouch4G_LinuxRoot

Phone:

T-mobile Huawei myTouch q

debugging mode on

connected to computer via USB

SDcard mounted to phone

Error message:

./files/fastboot.linux: 3: ./files/fastboot.linux: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

It then tells me the phone is rebooting, which it tries to do, but hangs at the t-mobile screen.  I left it there for 5-10 minutes, and did a hard boot (pulled battery).

#400 magikstar29

magikstar29

french

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

Thanks for the root tool.  It worked perfectly.  I am new to rooting and this is my 2nd phone.  I am trying to use ROM Manager and I am having issues. 

I install the Rom Manager

Click

---> Install/Update Recover

---> Confirm Phone Model (this is where I get stuck!!!). 

When I look for the phone it doesn't show up so I naturally select

---> Device Not Listed Above and it prompts "T-Mobile MyTouch Q does not have an officially supported ClockworkMod Recovery yet.  Have You installed a ClockWorkMod based reovery manually?" 

My natural inclination is to press "NO".  Is this already on the phone from the root?  If not, where can I get this file?

Thanks!

for CWM go to http://www.droidrzr....k-recovery-mod/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users