french

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Twitter:@magikstar29
  • LocationDouarnenez / Finistère / Bretagne / France
  • Current Device(s):HTC Desire Z / Alcatel OT-986 / Huawei U8730

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

@CrazyGrouzin I'm not sure because I don't know how to apply UPDATE.APP to the phone. Can you provide me with a little help on this?

@Lurker I'm planning to send an email to Huawei soon, I'll ask them about bootloader unlock.

extract .zip archive from download
copy the dload folder from archive to SD card /sdcard/dload/update.app

METHOD 1
Settings->Storage->Software Upgrade->SD card Upgrade->Confirm->Upgrade to start upgrade

METHOD 2
power off device
press VOLUME UP+VOLUME DOWN then press the POWER key to enter upgrade mode (keep buttons pressed at least 5 s)

for the bootloader, i have asked huawei and they said bootloader isn't locked

• SamuraiCX likes this

#362 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (SGH-I727R) (Latest PACMan)

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

@magikstar29 I can't access system so I can't use method 1. I've tried method 2, it didn't work, I'll try again with a different SD card. I saw your post about the bootloader but it is obviously locked, I was going to ask them about firmware but if this works I'll only ask them about the bootloader. Thanks for the reply!

Current:   Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (SGH-I727R) (Latest PACMan nightly, UVMC6 Radio) 

Previous: Huawei T-Mobile MyTouch 4G (U8680) (Stock-rooted, running without cust.img) (still owned)

Samsung Dart (SGH-T499Y) (Stock-rooted) (still owned)

#363 crazygrouzin

crazygrouzin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:18 AM

@magikstar29 I can't access system so I can't use method 1. I've tried method 2, it didn't work, I'll try again with a different SD card. I saw your post about the bootloader but it is obviously locked, I was going to ask them about firmware but if this works I'll only ask them about the bootloader. Thanks for the reply!

The sd card must be fat32.  And its the same way as u get in pink screen. without the battery.

Sd /dload/ update.app

#364 magikstar29

magikstar29

french

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:02 AM

for me, Huawei U8730 (MyTouch Q) bootloader isn't locked.

if the bootloader was locked, I could not use modified boot.img

my device use an unsecure boot.img

#365 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

@Crazygrouzin Awesome, I will try it right away.
@Magikstar29 I did not know that your bootloader is unlocked, it is pretty cool that it is. Mine (8680) is definitely locked. I will ask them about unlocking 8680 bootloader.
Thanks for the help you guys!

EDIT1: I got the UPATE.APP to finally work, it is unpacking now. Will re-update with result the minute the full update finishes. I'm crossing my fingers.

EDIT2: SUCCESS! The phone successfully restored! Thanks for the UPDATE.APP crazygrouzin, and thanks to everyone who has provided me with support!

Edited by SamuraiCX, 27 May 2013 - 12:06 PM.

Current:   Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (SGH-I727R) (Latest PACMan nightly, UVMC6 Radio) 

Previous: Huawei T-Mobile MyTouch 4G (U8680) (Stock-rooted, running without cust.img) (still owned)

#366 crazygrouzin

crazygrouzin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:05 PM

@Crazygrouzin Awesome, I will try it right away.
@Magikstar29 I did not know that your bootloader is unlocked, it is pretty cool that it is. Mine (8680) is definitely locked. I will ask them about unlocking 8680 bootloader.
Thanks for the help you guys!

EDIT1: I got the UPATE.APP to finally work, it is unpacking now. Will re-update with result the minute the full update finishes. I'm crossing my fingers.

EDIT2: SUCCESS! The phone successfully restored! Thanks for the UPDATE.APP crazygrouzin, and thanks to everyone who has provided me with support!

Ok. good. i am happy for u. Do not ever update the phone, cause u have the chance to unbrick it us u are now. 

#367 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

@Crazygrouzin I will make sure to not update it, thanks for the tip.

#368 AnaisaP

AnaisaP

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:02 PM

Hello everyone! I am new to the site, I have a quick question, will rooting my Huawei Mytouch 4G allow me to update the version? For example, I cannot download a certain app because it is intended for phones 4.0 and up.

I am sorry if this is a wrong question or if I'm mistaking one thing for the other, I haven't rooted an android before until trying to do so now, I really don't know or understand if I'd be able to use an app intended for phones 4.0 and up after rooting my phone.

No?

#369 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:23 AM

Hi AnaisaP, for many phones, rooting does allow you to change the android version by flashing a custom recovery and flashing a rom. For this phone, we are stuck with 2.3.x (I have heard some people have 2.3.5 with this but mostly it is 2.3.6) because we don't have custom recoveries since many of our phones' bootloaders are locked. We have an unstable custom recovery which is tethered, but there is no rom development either :/

The straightforward answer is unfortunately no, or not yet, and so, an app intended for 4.0 won't work for our phone even if rooted.

Also, does anyone know how I can unlock this phone for free? I tried an unlocking service and they asked for $40, and they still haven't found the code. (been 5 days)

#370 crazygrouzin

crazygrouzin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:31 AM

When they will release the last firmware? stupid company. Its almost 6 months that my girlfriend mobile is bricked.  I will never again by thrir product

#371 magikstar29

magikstar29

french

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

When they will release the last firmware? stupid company. Its almost 6 months that my girlfriend mobile is bricked.  I will never again by thrir product

to recover your device,i have though about something.

need to find the image folder with the files when there's in pink screen to put it in your device

and system.img to flash it with fastboot (fastboot flash system system.img)

it might work

#372 crazygrouzin

crazygrouzin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:02 AM

need to find the image folder with the files when there's in pink screen to put it in your device

it might work

it might work

Actyally i format the device on my anger. So the only way is the firmware

But thanks for the suggestion.

#373 magikstar29

magikstar29

french

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

Actyally i format the device on my anger. So the only way is the firmware

But thanks for the suggestion.

so you can't acces to fastboot?

#374 crazygrouzin

crazygrouzin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:57 AM

so you can't acces to fastboot?

I can. But i don have rom, and my image folder is empty.

I formated my phone with the hope that the previus firmware will work. But it didnt. I didnt touch the fastboot partition

#375 magikstar29

magikstar29

french

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:46 AM

I can. But i don have rom, and my image folder is empty.

I formated my phone with the hope that the previus firmware will work. But it didnt. I didnt touch the fastboot partition

ok so you can access fastboot,that's good.

need someone who can post Huawei U8680 image (mine U8730) folder tu put in your device into pink screen to start.

then download flashable light system zip here https://www.box.com/...wcp7las4fnfbqhu

then download recovery.img here https://www.box.com/...yfgy3vmbmqk584d (it's not very good but i tink it's enought to flash light system) and launch it in fastboot mode and try to flash the zip

#376 crazygrouzin

crazygrouzin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:14 PM

ok so you can access fastboot,that's good.

need someone who can post Huawei U8680 image (mine U8730) folder tu put in your device into pink screen to start.

then download flashable light system zip here https://www.box.com/...wcp7las4fnfbqhu

then download recovery.img here https://www.box.com/...yfgy3vmbmqk584d (it's not very good but i tink it's enought to flash light system) and launch it in fastboot mode and try to flash the zip

Thnks man. Soo im waiting someone with the last update to post his image folder....

Remind me please how to enter in fastboot mode

#377 magikstar29

magikstar29

french

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:18 PM

I don't know the combination key on this unit, I generally use adb reboot bootloader but you can't do that.

if someone could told us what is the combinaison key to enter in fastboot mode

#378 dcasun

dcasun

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Locationlos angeles
  • Current Device(s):mytouch q 4g

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:36 PM

new to the forum but had to comment i tried adding beats audio mod to the phone in march and it wont boot been watching the thread like a hawk and you guys are making magic in a phone thats like Afghanistan (bomb up dried and depleted lol) my question is i want to restore it to stock any clue how? i read about fastboot and other possible fixes but is there one that would restore it i just want to sell it im so done with mytouch phones there a nightmare! 

#379 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:36 PM

@dcasun

my phone was bricked until a week ago, now someone else is using it. I restored it with the firmware update that crazygrouzin posted. do you know what your build number is? if it matches what mine was or is older, than the firmware should work for you too :D, if not, then I guess there isn't much to do but wait. also, is it the slider (8730) or regular touch only (8680)?
-SamuraiCX

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

#380 dcasun

dcasun

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Locationlos angeles
  • Current Device(s):mytouch q 4g

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:08 PM

@dcasun

my phone was bricked until a week ago, now someone else is using it. I restored it with the firmware update that crazygrouzin posted. do you know what your build number is? if it matches what mine was or is older, than the firmware should work for you too :D, if not, then I guess there isn't much to do but wait. also, is it the slider (8730) or regular touch only (8680)?
-SamuraiCX

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

its the u8730 and i tried the update on it and it unpacks and fails afterward all i remember is that i used the xda youtube root method to root it but the only way i can get it to update mode is to have it plugged in to the charger other then that it wont power on

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users