How To Root Huawei Mytouch 4G

• Please log in to reply
474 replies to this topic

#441 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (SGH-I727R) (Latest PACMan)

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:56 PM

@dxn9637 If you want to debloat, refer to my removing cust.img post from a couple posts back, don't need root for it. Also try the new root method if Matt's tool apparently didn't work for you. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727
  • dxn9637 likes this

Current:   Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (SGH-I727R) (Latest PACMan nightly, UVMC6 Radio) 

Previous: Huawei T-Mobile MyTouch 4G (U8680) (Stock-rooted, running without cust.img) (still owned)

Samsung Dart (SGH-T499Y) (Stock-rooted) (still owned)

#442 surfer43

surfer43

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Huawei U8680

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:47 AM

HELP! I followed the instructions on http://www.droidrzr....p?/topic/23211-. I have the Huawei U8680 (Huawei MyTouch).

I am stuck in download mode with a pink screen because this model doesn't let you take out the battery (its all sealed up). Is my only option to let it run out of battery?

EDIT: Never mind, apparently you can remove the battery. My phone works now.

#443 surfer43

surfer43

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Huawei U8680

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

Will this phone ever get a ROM?

#444 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:48 AM

I sure hope it does.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

Current:   Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (SGH-I727R) (Latest PACMan nightly, UVMC6 Radio) 

Previous: Huawei T-Mobile MyTouch 4G (U8680) (Stock-rooted, running without cust.img) (still owned)

#445 crazygrouzin

crazygrouzin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:37 AM

I sure hope it does.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

Nope, never, until huawei release the last firmware this phone is dead,  noeone will risk to brick it, This phone is pretty much dead, shame on huawei and t-mobile,   the same phone on wind canada has 4.03   and we stuck on gb because of t-mobile

#446 Mayobe

Mayobe

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

Okay, so I'm confused. I've still got U8680V100R001C85B845. Have we found a root for this or no? I see some people saying "we have root!" and other people saying "it's never going to happen".

Sorry for being an R-tard about all this.

#447 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:08 PM

Hi everyone.

I found a new way to root the U8730V100R001C85B845 (most recent as of this writing) firmware.

1) Enter the pink screen (vol up+down and power) and plug the phone into your PC.
2) Copy the original recovery.img from the drive that appears on your system.
3) Replace the original recovery on the device with the stable CWM recovery.
4) Eject the drive, pull the battery and reboot to recovery (vol up and power).
5) Flash SuperSU by Chainfire.
6) Reboot.

I tried this on my own MyTouch Q (U8730) yesterday and it works. As long as you back up the stock recovery, you'll be alright.

it was on the page before this one, works on 8680 and 8730, your build number shouldn't matter for this method.

http://www.droidrzr....rk-Recovery-Mod

that's the cwm recovery.img

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727R

#448 Mayobe

Mayobe

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:11 PM

Actually, I got it working with the Poot method:

U8680 - TMobile myTouch 4G Root Method:

1) Download and extract the Poot apk to your phone.

2) Run the apk in order to install Poot. (You may have to change your "applications" settings to allow "Unknown Sources".)

3) From the app store, install Superuser and RootValidator.

4) Run Poot. It will ask you to install a few things. Let it do whatever it wants.

5) Eventually it will be ready. It will run and give you an error message.

6) Reboot the phone.

7) Run Superuser.

8) Run RootValidator. You should be rooted.

Many thanks to all who've worked on this.

(source: http://forum.xda-dev....php?p=39761155)

DO NOT IMMEDIATELY START REMOVING THE BLOATWARE. YOU WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE.

Does anyone know which of the bloatware is safe to remove? I know removing the CIQ $#!+ will probably brick it, but what about the other stuff, like Monopoly, Amazon, and Netflix, etc? Are the TMobile extras safe to scrap, such as the 411 app, or this "More For Me" garbage? There's 21 apps in the updates section of my Google Play list. I didn't install any of them and I don't want to update any of them. Nuking them would be awesome, but I don't wanna brick this thing.

#449 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:06 AM

try removing cust.img from pink screen mode

#450 Mayobe

Mayobe

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

What will that do?

(Checking)

Seems like all it did is remove the startup and shutdown animations and re-arrange the icon positions on the lock screen.

#451 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:52 PM

it will remove T-Mobile apps and the boot animation will change to one that says android and flashes, no boot sound either. make sure to back it up. most of the T-Mobile apps should be gone after removing. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727R

#452 Mayobe

Mayobe

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

They stayed on somehow, but removing cust.img made it so that my uninstaller was able to get rid of them. I'm still not sure what's safe to remove, but I was able to strip all the ones that were bothering me. Thank you.

#453 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

yeah it worked on an earlier update but it's good that you got them uninsulated, it's not a problem for me to help people at all :lol:

#454 Punktress

Punktress

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Device(s):My touch Q

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:17 PM

Looks like this is would be the best place to get an answer. I'm rooted and bloatware free. One itsy bitsy problem lol. When I removed my bloatware I lost my call log and my keyboard buttons are off. For the keyboard its set up more like a thumb keyboard with numbers on the left. Anybody else have this issue?
Question two. I want to upgrade to something better than 2:3:6 anybody seen any roms out there. I love my lil phone but I know she can handle more than what she has.

#455 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

my call log also got messed up and doesn't work, no idea why, and I haven't noticed anything with keyboard as I don't use stock keyboard. I use a third party call log app and it works just fine. as for roms, there may or may not be one in the future but there isn't one right now. I just hope that the company smartens up and gives us the original update.app, for both devices, and I hope there will be roms. this phone can definitely handle more than its given.

#456 shahabuddin

shahabuddin

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Twitter:shahab_uddin38
  • Locationpakistan
  • Current Device(s):iphone 5

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:20 PM

all links are dead for (U8730_Android_2.3_V100R001C85B845_America_TMO_05010TQM).rar

any working link to download this?

#457 oldpot

oldpot

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationmi

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:19 AM

hi,

just rooted this phone with the 435 post method with poot works good few questions,

can you un root the phone (if needed ) with poot

can you do a factory setting with root if cannot unroot with poot.

the cust.img file in the image folder if i delete that to get rid of the tmobile bloatware would i be able just to copy it back into the folder if needed .

mayobe , what  apps can be safley removed (strip)

or anyone esle what apps can you remove saftley without bricking the phone .

sorry for the questions just dont want to brick it .

ty.

#458 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:16 AM

yes cust.img can be removed and replaced. I'm not sure about which apps are safe for removal though, I don't spend much time with my u8680 anymore.

#459 oldpot

oldpot

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationmi

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:51 AM

ty samuraicx

i try freeze them first see if that helps for at the moment my battery goes down quickly need to stop some background apps etc .

#460 crazygrouzin

crazygrouzin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:31 AM

ty samuraicx

i try freeze them first see if that helps for at the moment my battery goes down quickly need to stop some background apps etc .

just use greenify if u have root access. u can find paid version on black market, or just use the free version

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users