• Please log in to reply
474 replies to this topic

#401 crazygrouzin

crazygrouzin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:47 AM

Hi AnaisaP, for many phones, rooting does allow you to change the android version by flashing a custom recovery and flashing a rom. For this phone, we are stuck with 2.3.x (I have heard some people have 2.3.5 with this but mostly it is 2.3.6) because we don't have custom recoveries since many of our phones' bootloaders are locked. We have an unstable custom recovery which is tethered, but there is no rom development either :/

The straightforward answer is unfortunately no, or not yet, and so, an app intended for 4.0 won't work for our phone even if rooted.

Also, does anyone know how I can unlock this phone for free? I tried an unlocking service and they asked for $40, and they still haven't found the code. (been 5 days)

Samurai wich model do u have? if u have u8680 can u upload your image folder please?

#402 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (SGH-I727R) (Latest PACMan)

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:34 PM

Samurai wich model do u have? if u have u8680 can u upload your image folder please?

I do have the U8680, but I remember reading somewhere that the buildnumber may affect the image folder. For this precaution, my buildnumber is U8680V100R001C85B839SP03. My memory may be fuzzy though as I'm not certain. As soon as I find my wire to connect the phone to my computer, I'll be sure to upload it for you. I should have it up by 4 PM (EST/GMT-5) at the latest. I'll edit this post with the dropbox link as soon as I have it up.

Current:   Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (SGH-I727R) (Latest PACMan nightly, UVMC6 Radio) 

Previous: Huawei T-Mobile MyTouch 4G (U8680) (Stock-rooted, running without cust.img) (still owned)

Samsung Dart (SGH-T499Y) (Stock-rooted) (still owned)

#403 crazygrouzin

crazygrouzin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:33 AM

I do have the U8680, but I remember reading somewhere that the buildnumber may affect the image folder. For this precaution, my buildnumber is U8680V100R001C85B839SP03. My memory may be fuzzy though as I'm not certain. As soon as I find my wire to connect the phone to my computer, I'll be sure to upload it for you. I should have it up by 4 PM (EST/GMT-5) at the latest. I'll edit this post with the dropbox link as soon as I have it up.

ok. Thnks. I will be waiting

#404 SamuraiCX

SamuraiCX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (SGH-I727R) (Latest PACMan)

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

Wow, sorry. I couldn't find my wire and had to workaround and uploading took forever. Here's the Google Drive link: https://drive.google...WTQ&usp=sharing

Current:   Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (SGH-I727R) (Latest PACMan nightly, UVMC6 Radio) 

Previous: Huawei T-Mobile MyTouch 4G (U8680) (Stock-rooted, running without cust.img) (still owned)

Samsung Dart (SGH-T499Y) (Stock-rooted) (still owned)

#405 crazygrouzin

crazygrouzin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:41 PM

Wow, sorry. I couldn't find my wire and had to workaround and uploading took forever. Here's the Google Drive link: https://drive.google...WTQ&usp=sharing

Thnks Samurai.  But still nothing.  Ok i need the last firmware.  If someone have it or is going to update please uploade it here or on xda...  Thnks

#406 metalxcore

metalxcore

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:56 AM

Just popped in to say thank you to all who have put some hard work into beating this phone. I had some free time on my hands and decided to root and put some new life into my whole family's line of phones (Galaxy SIII, Mytouch 3g, HTC One, and even HTC Glacier!) Last stop is this Huawei 6860 "masterpiece", which I was able to successfully root thanks to this thread, but is still driving me nuts that I am unable to proceed with a custom recovery or Rom!

Anyways, I wanted to post this reply in recognition of the people who have been working and helping throughout this thread.

Thank You!

#407 fflint_1e6

fflint_1e6

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:36 PM

k, looks like I missed the obvious. I have an older 32-bit machine, and it was trying to run the 64-bit fastboot. fixed that, and all went well.

#408 magikstar29

magikstar29

french

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Twitter:@magikstar29
  • LocationDouarnenez / Finistère / Bretagne / France
  • Current Device(s):HTC Desire Z / Alcatel OT-986 / Huawei U8730

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

does anyone have the U8681 with ICS?

i need the image folder and one copy of the system folder to test something

#409 Paulenski

Paulenski

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:42 PM

If anyone has a way to flash the update.app firmware without using the regular method? It fails to install like crazygrouzin has said. I also have a u8730 and it's stuck in bootloop at android 4g part. I can get into cwm but no rom to flash over it. If someone wants to try and pull their current system and try to make a flashable zip.

#410 magikstar29

magikstar29

french

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:16 AM

If anyone has a way to flash the update.app firmware without using the regular method? It fails to install like crazygrouzin has said. I also have a u8730 and it's stuck in bootloop at android 4g part. I can get into cwm but no rom to flash over it. If someone wants to try and pull their current system and try to make a flashable zip.

try this http://www.mediafire...8730_signed.zip (deleted)

• Paulenski likes this

#411 Paulenski

Paulenski

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:10 AM

Thank you magikstar, I'll try and let you know if it worked.

Edit: I get this error on install:

format() expects 3 args, got 2
E:Error in sdcard/hwu8730.zip (Status 7)

And looking at the log from cwm I see these errors:

failed to open /sys/class/android_usb/android0/state: No such file or directory (repeats this error 3 times)
I:Can't partition unsafe device: /dev/block/mmcblk1p1
I:Can't format unknown volume: /external_sd
I:Can't format unknown volume: /emmc
failed to open /sys/class/android_usb/android0/state: No such file or directory (repeats this error again 6 times )

Here's some info I can give about what the device allows or doesn't allow, not sure if its meant to be like this.
/cache tends to be mounted but can be formatted in cwm
/system is always mounted, can't unmount or format

If it's a update-binary and updater-script error, just upload those and I can piece it together. :D 

Thanks so much, really appreciate the help

#412 magikstar29

magikstar29

french

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:42 AM

Thank you magikstar, I'll try and let you know if it worked.

Edit: I get this error on install:

format() expects 3 args, got 2
E:Error in sdcard/hwu8730.zip (Status 7)

And looking at the log from cwm I see these errors:

failed to open /sys/class/android_usb/android0/state: No such file or directory (repeats this error 3 times)
I:Can't partition unsafe device: /dev/block/mmcblk1p1
failed to open /sys/class/android_usb/android0/state: No such file or directory (repeats this error again 6 times )

Here's some info I can give about what the device allows or doesn't allow, not sure if its meant to be like this.
/cache tends to be mounted but can be formatted in cwm
/system is always mounted, can't unmount or format

If it's a update-binary and updater-script error, just upload those and I can piece it together. :D

Thanks so much, really appreciate the help

replace your boot.img by this unsecure one http://www.mediafire...x6ttmv/boot.img

ok i take a look on the script

I
:Can't format unknown volume: /emmc

you have manualy wipe? there's nothing about that into updater-script

don't manualy wipe nothing an retry let me know if it work with the unsecure boot.img

#413 Paulenski

Paulenski

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:00 AM

replace your boot.img by this unsecure one http://www.mediafire...x6ttmv/boot.img

ok i take a look on the script

you have manualy wipe? there's nothing about that into updater-script

I manually wiped before but dunno why it would give this error.

Still giving the same errors with the new boot file.

I was thinking if you can make one that doesn't try wiping /system (if it even does)

#414 magikstar29

magikstar29

french

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:07 AM

I manually wiped before but dunno why it would give this error.

Still giving the same errors with the new boot file.

I was thinking if you can make one that doesn't try wiping /system (if it even does)

updater-script without format system http://www.mediafire.../updater-script (deleted)

replace it and tell me

if it's not work,i'll try to rebuild another rom

#415 Paulenski

Paulenski

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:44 AM

updater-script without format system http://www.mediafire.../updater-script

replace it and tell me

if it's not work,i'll try to rebuild another rom

It gets all the way to "Installing Update...." before aborting, the log shows the same things as I said before.

I think something is wrong with the partitions or location of where it's looking for it. Maybe try making a superwipe that also formats everything correctly. I don't know how it got this way.

Edit:
I have skype/gtalk if you want to try communicating on there at all? 

#416 magikstar29

magikstar29

french

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:19 PM

deleted

#417 trdavis2191

trdavis2191

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:30 AM

Flawless Victory...

HA Victory is Mine!

it worked perfectly.  thanks so much.

and it was posted on my bday... even better

#418 oceanfloored

oceanfloored

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:24 AM

I'm having an issue with cust.img if anyone can help. I edited the cust.img to remove the apps. Then when I tried to copy the cust.img back to the /.cust_backup/image it tried to paste the file but then said unsuccesful because the file was too big. The new cust.img is the same size as the old one. And now the stock cust.img file was erased during the copy->paste function. The strangest part is that the /.cust_backup/image directory is now saying there is no free space. Is there any way to either increase the file size limit on this directory (the phone itself has plenty of free space) or erase corrupted files that may be there?

pDigTmS.png

See how it says there is 0K free without the cust.img file in it the directory?

Need advice please.

#419 magikstar29

magikstar29

french

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:34 AM

I'm having an issue with cust.img if anyone can help. I edited the cust.img to remove the apps. Then when I tried to copy the cust.img back to the /.cust_backup/image it tried to paste the file but then said unsuccesful because the file was too big. The new cust.img is the same size as the old one. And now the stock cust.img file was erased during the copy->paste function. The strangest part is that the /.cust_backup/image directory is now saying there is no free space. Is there any way to either increase the file size limit on this directory (the phone itself has plenty of free space) or erase corrupted files that may be there?

pDigTmS.png

See how it says there is 0K free without the cust.img file in it the directory?

Need advice please.

it's safe to use your device without this cust.img

in other hand,prefer use download mode (pink screen) to work on the image folder

#420 oceanfloored

oceanfloored

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:44 AM

I know its safe but without it alot of things arent operating correctly such as special characters on my physical keyboard, dont wanna remap things. How would I enter pink screen?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users