#1 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

Just heard an unsubstantiated rumor that Verizon plans to end the unlimited data grandfathering loophole for unsubsidized phones by the end of the year. Anyone heard anything about this?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#2 bradenfontaine

bradenfontaine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Google+:bradenfontaine@gmail.com
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:17 PM

I come here for news... So in this case I hope it's not true. I could see Big Red doing it though...

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2
  • mattlgroff likes this

#3 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

Can't say I've heard one way or the other, but if it were true I can't say I'd e shock one bit. VZW is the king of all cheapskates.

Sent from my peanut butter and jelly sandwich

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#4 wabmorgan

wabmorgan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:19 PM

If true... it will spell bye bye to VZW for me.

#5 trey

trey

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Twitter:torano spencer
  • Google+:toranos1@gmail.com
  • LocationARKANSAS AR
  • Current Device(s):DROID ULTRA MAXX

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:20 AM

Smdh
trey.$$$$

#6 chavist

chavist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:27 AM

If it is true then that means we should be able to ends our contracts with Verizon.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk
  • biggiesmalls657 and JJT211 like this

#7 dillanshives

dillanshives

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationVancouver Washington

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:14 AM

The sad part about all of this is that they will be driving away so many customers. I mean, sure, the people who don't need as much data (or aren't aware of how data works) might stay on Verizon. What happens when people's bills keep going up and up..? There goes even more of us. I'll definitely be moving to either page plus cellular or t-mobile because big red is being to controlling with their "one size fits all" ideals. They are simply wrong. They'll figure it out once they lose enough customers.. but how long will that take?
If I helped you at all, don't be afraid to hit that like button! :D

#8 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:28 AM

The sad part about all of this is that they will be driving away so many customers. I mean, sure, the people who don't need as much data (or aren't aware of how data works) might stay on Verizon. What happens when people's bills keep going up and up..? There goes even more of us. I'll definitely be moving to either page plus cellular or t-mobile because big red is being to controlling with their "one size fits all" ideals. They are simply wrong. They'll figure it out once they lose enough customers.. but how long will that take?

Unfortunately, there are not a lot of options. If you want good coverage you're going to have to give up unlimited data eventually. It's not just VzW, AT&T is doing it as well. You can still get unlimited data with Sprint and T-Mobile, but you're giving up coverage and speed. Until those carriers have the coverage and speed of the big 2, it's not gonna hurt VzW's bottom line much.

Sent from my RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

#9 T3T3droid

T3T3droid

D3v3lop3r/Th3m3r/Machin3

• Developer
  • 1,115 posts
  • Google+:t3t3droid@gmail.com
  • LocationConnecticut
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic, Droid Razr M, SGS4

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:32 AM

I'd drop them if, after 12 years of faithful service never missing/late on a payment, this comes to be true...
  • Nitewolf, wabmorgan and dillanshives like this
Posted Image
Sig by Bama
If you like our work please consider
Donating towards
Phones and Site costs :D Thanks!!

#10 dillanshives

dillanshives

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationVancouver Washington

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:41 AM

Unfortunately, there are not a lot of options. If you want good coverage you're going to have to give up unlimited data eventually. It's not just VzW, AT&T is doing it as well. You can still get unlimited data with Sprint and T-Mobile, but you're giving up coverage and speed. Until those carriers have the coverage and speed of the big 2, it's not gonna hurt VzW's bottom line much.

Sent from my RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

I think that if the price is low enough, people will deal with lower speeds to avoid Verizon's huge bills. I could split my bill in half and have a better coverage if I left Verizon. I guess it all depends on where you live.
If I helped you at all, don't be afraid to hit that like button! :D

#11 Oaklands

Oaklands

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:04 AM

Only other option in our area is AT&T and I was with them once and they pi**ed me off as well. Sprint and T-Mobile are slow and phone coverage is not as good. AT&T's phone coverage is not as good either and I am on call every other week so I need good coverage. Damn shame if it happens.

#12 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:55 AM

I think that if the price is low enough, people will deal with lower speeds to avoid Verizon's huge bills. I could split my bill in half and have a better coverage if I left Verizon. I guess it all depends on where you live.

True enough. I should have added that "depending on where you live" and "how much you travel and where you travel to", Sprint or T-Mobile could be very viable alternatives. I'm not too familiar with Sprint's network speeds, but I do know, in some areas, T-Mobile is quite fast and solid. For me though, it's just really not an option.

#13 orateam

orateam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:47 AM

I love Verizon. But i would drop them in the blink of an eye without unlimited. I'm a big bandwidth hog. I stream videos and audio all day long, download and update rom after rom and eat up about 8 gigs a month average. This superfast high speed is the only reason i'm really with them. Costwise, on the share plan, they will be more expensive for me than any other carrier. Dead last to be honest. I know i could buy an HTC One S/X for a couple hundred bucks aftermarket and go on the Tmobile pay as you go monthly $30 a month plan (100 mins, unlimited text+data). I've been off contract for nearly a year anyhow.
So, let them try it.

#14 avillal87

avillal87

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

Now you don't have give up your phone and you may have settle for just 3G. Cricket is a nice carrier for those what Unlimited everything without paying to much. Customer service sucks, Data isn't super fast, data throttle is on Cricket side (Sprint Hack can give Unthrottle speed), and Spotting network. Talk, Text, Web, Apps, and no mms but am working on that.

#15 robreichstetter

robreichstetter

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Twitter:robreichstetter
  • Google+:pickthecrowdup@gmail.com
  • LocationLansing, Mi.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

I know i could buy an HTC One S/X for a couple hundred bucks aftermarket and go on the Tmobile pay as you go monthly $30 a month plan (100 mins, unlimited text+data). I've been off contract for nearly a year anyhow.
So, let them try it.

Can you send me a link to the Tmobile $30 plan? Can't seem to find anything close to that on the website.
Infowars.com

#16 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:19 AM

Can you send me a link to the Tmobile $30 plan? Can't seem to find anything close to that on the website.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#17 orateam

orateam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:49 AM

actually ordered a ONE S today from ebay for $225.

you have the right link. not sure how you can miss that! It's the first thing on that page. Right next to the huge $50 plan is the WEB EXCLUSIVE $30. Never heard it called web exclusive before though. It's been around for years, different names though. ONce called a Walmart exclusive plan.

Unlimited Web & Text with 100 Minutes Talk

$30

#18 Guest_rgocal_*

Guest_rgocal_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:17 AM

Ive heard this multiple times and have already taken action just in case...
Im someone who depends on my interwebs for the fact I live out in the boonies where high speed is fabled but 4g is available...hmm
Anyways I ordered a couple of sims cards from various cellular services in my area and plan on doing some modifications to my razr to get it working on the new plan, I have a feeling il be losing my 4g if this works buuut I rather lose my 4g than lose my precious razr and my unlimited plans.

#19 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:41 AM

Ive heard this multiple times and have already taken action just in case...
Im someone who depends on my interwebs for the fact I live out in the boonies where high speed is fabled but 4g is available...hmm
Anyways I ordered a couple of sims cards from various cellular services in my area and plan on doing some modifications to my razr to get it working on the new plan, I have a feeling il be losing my 4g if this works buuut I rather lose my 4g than lose my precious razr and my unlimited plans.

Similar circumstance but no 4g yet. I have 5 lines & 3 razrs with 2 of those on unlimited & 1 capped at 4gig/mo. We burn through 12-15gig/mo. altogether on average (unless I get flash-happy). Where I am, VZW is the most reliable with a new tower only a mile from my house so I feel kinda trapped.
Sprint is the only other real alternative up here & they're pretty spotty around my house.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#20 Guest_rgocal_*

Guest_rgocal_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:20 AM

I can burn an easy 160 gigs in a months time in some cases... dont ask lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users