Photo

Droid Razr Utility 1.82 [Windows] For Verizon Droid Razr And Droid Razr Maxx Only

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
624 replies to this topic

#481 devilchill

devilchill

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:14 AM

Im stuck on the "waiting for device". My phone is properly in ap fastboot mode and was in JB. now it's bricked and im trying to unbrick via utility, but still cant. please help

#482 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx, Moto X Developer Edition

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:29 AM

Im stuck on the "waiting for device". My phone is properly in ap fastboot mode and was in JB. now it's bricked and im trying to unbrick via utility, but still cant. please help

This utility is for ICS only, There is a Unbrick utility you will need to use

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

, Follow the instructions in that utility, once you use the utility, you will then need to load JB again in recovery, make sure its on your SD card, then you will need to use the JB root exploit..

• devilchill likes this

Signature Made & Protected by zooyork0721

Posted Image

Site Rules and Guidelines

#483 Darugarm

Darugarm

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

hey there,

I am looking for some help with my droid Razr 4g LTE (Verizon). I recently decided to give the leaked version of Jelly bean a try. The phone was in its original status. Meaning no root or anything. I have managed to update it to jelly bean. I am having serious problem with this update as in having to charge the phone twice a day and sometimes the phone gets extremely hot and drains all the battery. Even did a master reset which solved one error that used to come at the startup i think it was com.motorolo...... can't remember the rest. My problem I am in Asian and on GSM network this phone by default works on CDMA correct me if I am wrong. So It takes a long time to detect the network at start and in case of dropped signals I have to restart the phone to get it to change again. Need to be constantly aware if the phone is working or not.

My request if someone can provide me a simple step by step info (bullets point preferred) on how to have the phone modded in such a way that i can make it usable. Preference if I can keep Original updates on and have a dual booting system to be able to install Jelly Haters Rom which is based on Jelly Bean.

If not than any other solution would do. I don't have ROOT as well and can't risk the phone being brick as I am broke to by a new one. So if possible a well tried solution that just works would be helpful.

#484 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:36 AM

hey there,

I am looking for some help with my droid Razr 4g LTE (Verizon). I recently decided to give the leaked version of Jelly bean a try. The phone was in its original status. Meaning no root or anything. I have managed to update it to jelly bean. I am having serious problem with this update as in having to charge the phone twice a day and sometimes the phone gets extremely hot and drains all the battery. Even did a master reset which solved one error that used to come at the startup i think it was com.motorolo...... can't remember the rest. My problem I am in Asian and on GSM network this phone by default works on CDMA correct me if I am wrong. So It takes a long time to detect the network at start and in case of dropped signals I have to restart the phone to get it to change again. Need to be constantly aware if the phone is working or not.

My request if someone can provide me a simple step by step info (bullets point preferred) on how to have the phone modded in such a way that i can make it usable. Preference if I can keep Original updates on and have a dual booting system to be able to install Jelly Haters Rom which is based on Jelly Bean.

If not than any other solution would do. I don't have ROOT as well and can't risk the phone being brick as I am broke to by a new one. So if possible a well tried solution that just works would be helpful.

Sounds almost like a hardware issue, if you want, start a new topic in help section CDMA.. but you can try post #482

Edited by satman80, 30 January 2013 - 05:39 AM.
C/P malfunction..

Posted Image

#485 NWIA

NWIA

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

I am having an issue figuring out how to go back to stock. I made the mistake of not backing up my contacts other than backup assistant. After running the utility and flashing a new rom I figured that out. However, I went back to restore my stock back up and reboot using safestrap. Now, I'm getting an error saying no OS is installed. I decided I want to start all over. Now to follow step 1 of the utility I have to get to AP Fastboot, but I just boot into safestrap. I'm stuck and need some guidance on how to fix this so I can start all over again.

#486 Darugarm

Darugarm

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

I managed to experiment ahead and found a solution it is a bit long but if anyone wishes to know let me. Condition now I have Root with mutiboot like option through safe strap 3.11, (3.12 did not work) I believe, I am running Pnut.Butta.Stock.JB.Rom. I am still testing it extensively in terms of battery drain which for now seems to be going well for the first charge. Lot of customization options.

#487 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

I am having an issue figuring out how to go back to stock. I made the mistake of not backing up my contacts other than backup assistant. After running the utility and flashing a new rom I figured that out. However, I went back to restore my stock back up and reboot using safestrap. Now, I'm getting an error saying no OS is installed. I decided I want to start all over. Now to follow step 1 of the utility I have to get to AP Fastboot, but I just boot into safestrap. I'm stuck and need some guidance on how to fix this so I can start all over again.

I guess the first question is are you still on ICS or did you take the JB leak?.... :) if you took the JB leak, you can't use this utility..... If you are still on ICS you can...... To boot into APFastboot, from power off you need to hold power and volume up and volume down..... When the menu comes up, use the volume down button to scroll down to fast boot mode and then use volume up to select it..... Make sure you are charged before running the utility or it will fail and you will be out of luck untill you can get charged using a factory cable or a tbh adapter.....

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#488 NWIA

NWIA

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

I guess the first question is are you still on ICS or did you take the JB leak?.... :) if you took the JB leak, you can't use this utility..... If you are still on ICS you can...... To boot into APFastboot, from power off you need to hold power and volume up and volume down..... When the menu comes up, use the volume down button to scroll down to fast boot mode and then use volume up to select it..... Make sure you are charged before running the utility or it will fail and you will be out of luck untill you can get charged using a factory cable or a tbh adapter.....

I'm still on ICS. I was able to get into APFastboot, thank you for the instructions. Would you happen to know of a better way to backup contacts since the ROMs I was flashing don't have Backup Assistant?

Thanks!

#489 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

I'm still on ICS. I was able to get into APFastboot, thank you for the instructions. Would you happen to know of a better way to backup contacts since the ROMs I was flashing don't have Backup Assistant?

Thanks!

You Google account keeps your contacts backed up.... When you sign in..... It will sync your contacts

jhf.png

#490 dmlsthe1

dmlsthe1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

Thanks!

Google should unless you uncheck contracts in your google account's sync options. What i do for friends and family is export contracts to sd card. Attach it to an email to send to their self and open gmail from desktop to check if their contacts have already been synced. If they don't have any contacts synced, i open the email i had sent to their gmail (the one they sent to their self) and hit sync contacts I the attachment. Or add to contacts. Something like that. Then make sure that when you add a new contact on your phone it shows your gmail account and not the carrier account. Somehow it sometimes adds it to some other account so you may have to manually change it.

That was mainly on older versions if Android but there's still the rare occasion. It may or may not give an option to set a different account as default. Either change it everyone you add new contact our set default account so everyone you add a new contact it adds it to your gmail do that you don't have to export to sd in order to add every contact

#491 shaddad

shaddad

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

If I was on jellybean and I used DU 1.82. I have bricked. Is there a way to fix the brick?

#492 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

If I was on jellybean and I used DU 1.82. I have bricked. Is there a way to fix the brick?

Use this

• rloera12 likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#493 shaddad

shaddad

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:31 AM

My battery is completely dead, so i'm working on fixing that issue as of right now. I will report back with how to unbrick utility works.

Newest question, has anyone devised a way to go back to ICS yet?

#494 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:39 AM

My battery is completely dead, so i'm working on fixing that issue as of right now. I will report back with how to unbrick utility works.

Newest question, has anyone devised a way to go back to ICS yet?

Sorry..... No way to go back to ICS at this point....

jhf.png

#495 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

Posted Image

#496 bloodhawke83

bloodhawke83

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

Hi Matt,

I recently bricked my Razr trying to put safestrap 3.11 on and drained my battery to zero. Tried numerous methods to charge the phone but no luck.

I haven't used this utility since i rooted my phone last year, will it fix it?

thanks

#497 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

Hi Matt,

I recently bricked my Razr trying to put safestrap 3.11 on and drained my battery to zero. Tried numerous methods to charge the phone but no luck.

I haven't used this utility since i rooted my phone last year, will it fix it?

thanks

You can try this method

to get your phone charged. The utility will not help til you have a charge. If that doesn't work you will need a special factory cable. There are links around here for that also. Let me know if you can't find it and I wil track it down
  • rloera12 likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#498 technowizz101

technowizz101

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

I'm sorry if I missed you talking about it already, but I'm kinda a noob at rooting/flashing. I dont know how to upgrade safestrap to version 3.07 or higher after i installed safestrap 2.11 via utility 1.7. How do you remove the safestrap 2.11? I have the apk for safestrap 3.XX but it wont work with 2.11 on there. Any ideas?

thx.

#499 technowizz101

technowizz101

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

Hey my bad...I have no idea what I was thinking. I never tried installing busybox..partly because I never read anywhere that it was required, but now I have SS 3.11 installed. Thx anyways. :-)

#500 samuelsonv82

samuelsonv82

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Current Device(s):RazR XT912

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

The root works like a charm no more netflix on my ICS RazR. Thanks Matt!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users