Photo

Droid Razr Utility 1.82 [Windows] For Verizon Droid Razr And Droid Razr Maxx Only

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
624 replies to this topic

#541 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

If motorola comes out with an official release of jelly bean and they updated stuff to make it better will we be able to update to that from this?

Utility 1.90 is ready and waiting for the OTA file.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

• biggiesmalls657 likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#542 BigE

BigE

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola RAZR Maxx HD

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

Will this utility work for the Razr MAXX HD (XT926)? I just purchased it and it has the Jellybean version 4.1.1 already installed.

#543 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:53 AM

Will this utility work for the Razr MAXX HD (XT926)? I just purchased it and it has the Jellybean version 4.1.1 already installed.

No. Use

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

one

Info thread

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#544 BigE

BigE

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

Thanks for your help. I am now successfully rooted but I have one more question before I proceed to the last step...What is Safestrap and why should I install it?

#545 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

Thanks for your help. I am now successfully rooted but I have one more question before I proceed to the last step...What is Safestrap and why should I install it?

Safestrap allows us to install other Custom ROM's to run instead of the stock rom from Moto/VZW

#546 BigE

BigE

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

Ok thanks. So I won't actually need to install it unless I want to use Custom ROM's, correct? My main purpose for rooting was for HotSpot access on my unlimited plan. I can always install it later even after the JB update if I want to venture a little deeper into the root capabilities, correct?

#547 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

You're good man. You can install it at any time in the future should you want to try a custom rom

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#548 MDMAaron

MDMAaron

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

Just a quick question, will this utility work with my RAZR Maxx HD?

#549 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

Just a quick question, will this utility work with my RAZR Maxx HD?

No, as it says in the title....

#550 jrazrz

jrazrz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid razr cdma xt912

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

Thanks for the utility and the help!

#551 johnnyv5

johnnyv5

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Google+:johnnyv5@gmail.com

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:50 AM

Trying to get my wife's phone on Jelly. Like a knucklehead I used Titanium to uninstall instead of freezing some system files. Now when she does the OTA it fails. Can I use option 1 and not wipe to get the files back or is there an easier way to get those system files restored?

#552 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:54 AM

Trying to get my wife's phone on Jelly. Like a knucklehead I used Titanium to uninstall instead of freezing some system files. Now when she does the OTA it fails. Can I use option 1 and not wipe to get the files back or is there an easier way to get those system files restored?

Are you still on ICS or did you take the JB update back in December?

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#553 johnnyv5

johnnyv5

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:09 AM

Still on ICS. I don't want her to loose any of her data. I would use Matt's to get to stock 211 but then she'd have to set her phone up again and I want to avoid that. If I rem out the line in the batch file that wipes the phone, moto-fastboot.exe -w, will that put system files back? Then I'll have to reroot, right?

jv

#554 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

Still on ICS. I don't want her to loose any of her data. I would use Matt's to get to stock 211 but then she'd have to set her phone up again and I want to avoid that. If I rem out the line in the batch file that wipes the phone, moto-fastboot.exe -w, will that put system files back? Then I'll have to reroot, right?

jv

Yes the phone will need to be set up again after running the utility

You will not lose any personal data that is on SD card(s) .... everything else will be returned to 100% out of the box stock...

Without being completely stock, you will not be able to take the upgrade to JB

If you rem out the "wipe" line, the utility may fail and / or you may bootloop

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#555 esr

esr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:36 AM

FWIW,
I installed the december leak, been using it ever since. Maintained root across the "upgrade" from ICS to JB with Voodoo OTA RootKeeper.

Just this morning I got the OTA JB. Downloaded and installed painlessly. Alas I did not specifically save root prior to the update, but was able to reset root status anyway using Voodoo RK and presumably the same files as used in december. I've been using WiFi Tether this morning which requires root access so it seems to have taken just fine. (yay!)

98.72.16.XT912.Verison.en.US
Build number - 9.8.20-72_VZW-16
Build date - Fri Feb 1 20:37:25 CST 2013

#556 dmlsthe1

dmlsthe1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:56 AM

If you also have the razr (1st make a backup in recovery on your wife's phone) you can try to backup the app you uninstalled on your wife's phone and sends the backup to your wife's phone and restore it. App only though. No data. I've don't that. Just not with the razr. My family all have the same phone and they wanted space. And well you get the picture

#557 johnnyv5

johnnyv5

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

If you also have the razr (1st make a backup in recovery on your wife's phone) you can try to backup the app you uninstalled on your wife's phone and sends the backup to your wife's phone and restore it. App only though. No data. I've don't that. Just not with the razr. My family all have the same phone and they wanted space. And well you get the picture

Good idea but I'm already on JB. I'll look in titanium to see what I removed and maybe can find it somewhere...

jv

#558 arowl6

arowl6

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

ok i sent you a PM so you can get me on gtalk and i can try to walk you thru the process, maybe we can see whats happening :)

Were you able to find the solution to this? I am having the same issue. Everytime I try to go back to 6.16.211 using 1.82 and it shows 215 in my about phone. I've tried a factory reset as well. Thanks for your help!

#559 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:05 PM

Were you able to find the solution to this? I am having the same issue. Everytime I try to go back to 6.16.211 using 1.82 and it shows 215 in my about phone. I've tried a factory reset as well. Thanks for your help!

Are you choosing yes to wipe data at the end of the utility run??

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#560 arowl6

arowl6

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:07 PM

Are you choosing yes to wipe data at the end of the utility run??

I did the first time I tried, I tried 2 or 3 other times and didn't select that with the same result.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users