Photo

Droid Razr Utility 1.82 [Windows] For Verizon Droid Razr And Droid Razr Maxx Only

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
624 replies to this topic

#581 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:49 AM

after android guy falls over it has a triangle on it and then the phone reboots it does not give an error after it reboots it just says install failed I am not following what option 1 is

Option 1 of the 1.82 utility....it resets you back to Stock ICS so you can take the update. Generally a failure gives some information as to why it failed.

#582 brojo

brojo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:54 AM

Option 1 of the 1.82 utility....it resets you back to Stock ICS so you can take the update. Generally a failure gives some information as to why it failed.

I will try that it is still down loading I am wondering if because I am in the back up slot in safestrap that is why it will not install I also have titanium installed but I defrost everything I messed with I don't know but I will try the utility thanx for all your help

#583 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:12 AM

I will try that it is still down loading I am wondering if because I am in the back up slot in safestrap that is why it will not install I also have titanium installed but I defrost everything I messed with I don't know but I will try the utility thanx for all your help

Actually in re-thinking this, You can just use Matts JB utility since we have the fastboot files. I HIGHLY recommend using Option 1 and doing the Wipe. Link here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#584 Gillroyale

Gillroyale

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:14 AM

im SO totally positive you've heard this already from countless other helpless individuals, but i cant find an answer.

WAITING FOR PHONE....

i installed the drivers just after unzipping the folder to my c drive. made sure to enable debugging, mtp, and unknown sources (dont know if that helps).
forced ap fastboot countless times, reset my computer and phone. uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. switched from mtp, to camera while it was 'waiting for phone' and back again. plugged it in and made sure my computer recognized it before i ran the utility. plugged it in while the utility was running, and even unplugged it and plugged it back in while the utility was 'waiting for phone'. if i had hair i would have pulled it all out by now lol. i do not want to factory reset my phone. its not rooted so (juvenile though it may be) i'll lose all my progress in my games! and then what if it STILL doesnt work O.O.

please help.
thank you for bearing me. :)

UPDATE... i ran as administrator. it found my device. adb is not recognized as an in or ext command, operable program, batch file, family member, childhood friend, ordained priest, or messiah. i get that a million and 74 times in the blink of an eye as the utility attempts to reboot my device multiple times, be persistant, clean up, and tell me to have a great day. lolz. gonna check the help thread now.

#585 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:19 AM

im SO totally positive you've heard this already from countless other helpless individuals, but i cant find an answer.

WAITING FOR PHONE....

i installed the drivers just after unzipping the folder to my c drive. made sure to enable debugging, mtp, and unknown sources (dont know if that helps).
forced ap fastboot countless times, reset my computer and phone. uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. switched from mtp, to camera while it was 'waiting for phone' and back again. plugged it in and made sure my computer recognized it before i ran the utility. plugged it in while the utility was running, and even unplugged it and plugged it back in while the utility was 'waiting for phone'. if i had hair i would have pulled it all out by now lol. i do not want to factory reset my phone. its not rooted so (juvenile though it may be) i'll lose all my progress in my games! and then what if it STILL doesnt work O.O.

please help.
thank you for bearing me. :)

Which option of the utility are you trying to run?.... ? You said you don't want to FDR your phone...... but if you are trying to run option 1.... it will completely reset you phone anyway.... :)

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#586 Gillroyale

Gillroyale

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:36 AM

Which option of the utility are you trying to run?.... ? You said you don't want to FDR your phone...... but if you are trying to run option 1.... it will completely reset you phone anyway.... :)

whoops lol option 2. im trying to root my phone. thank you for replying in a timely fashion. im sitting in mcdonalds on their wifi and have been for four hours. the little old lady behind the counter has been shooting me mean looks lol. i guess buying two cups of coffee isnt enough. not to mention i have to pee like a racehorse but i dont wanna leave my laptop for fear that she'll come squirt ketchup on it or something x.x!

#587 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:46 AM

whoops lol option 2. im trying to root my phone. thank you for replying in a timely fashion. im sitting in mcdonalds on their wifi and have been for four hours. the little old lady behind the counter has been shooting me mean looks lol. i guess buying two cups of coffee isnt enough. not to mention i have to pee like a racehorse but i dont wanna leave my laptop for fear that she'll come squirt ketchup on it or something x.x!

Hopefully she don't do that LOL .... anyway.... what version of windows are you running? Sometimes windows 8 has a bad additude with the utilities.... when you installed the drivers, did you switch the USB mode(s) from mtp to mass storage to camera.... then go to APFastboot..then reboot normally.. after each one.... make sure windows finishes installing drivers for each section..... try that first and we'll go from there :)

jhf.png

#588 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

Hopefully she don't do that LOL .... anyway.... what version of windows are you running? Sometimes windows 8 has a bad additude with the utilities.... when you installed the drivers, did you switch the USB mode(s) from mtp to mass storage to camera.... then go to APFastboot.... after each one.... make sure windows finishes installing drivers for each section..... try that first and we'll go from there :)

Root is done in the OS not fastboot. :P

This is ICS root. Are you on ICS or JB???

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#589 Gillroyale

Gillroyale

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:54 AM

Hopefully she don't do that LOL .... anyway.... what version of windows are you running? Sometimes windows 8 has a bad additude with the utilities.... when you installed the drivers, did you switch the USB mode(s) from mtp to mass storage to camera.... then go to APFastboot.... after each one.... make sure windows finishes installing drivers for each section..... try that first and we'll go from there :)

so, mtp, then ap fastboot, then to camera then ap fastboot, then mass storage, then fastboot again? *-.- uhm, for what its worth, when i switch modes im prompted by my computer to choose an action and the prompt varys with each mode. my computer is on, please dont laugh, windows vista home edition lol *cough* i shouldnt laugh after i asked you not too.

#590 Gillroyale

Gillroyale

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:57 AM

Root is done in the OS not fastboot. :P

This is ICS root. Are you on ICS or JB???

im on .211 I SWEAR!! lmao

#591 Gillroyale

Gillroyale

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:59 AM

im pretty sure the drivers are fine. now my problem is the utility telling me failed to recognize adb as blah blah. adb is indeed in the extracted files folder. i promise i didnt tamper with anything.

#592 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:01 AM

so, mtp, then ap fastboot, then to camera then ap fastboot, then mass storage, then fastboot again? *-.- uhm, for what its worth, when i switch modes im prompted by my computer to choose an action and the prompt varys with each mode. my computer is on, please dont laugh, windows vista home edition lol *cough* i shouldnt laugh after i asked you not too.

Switching the USB modes and then booting into Fastboot basically insures that all the drivers are "fully" installed.... when the "auto play" window comes up you can just close it..... pay attention to the bottom right corner of your computer screen..... watch for "installing device drivers" to pop up for each mode..... reboot both the phone and computer normally then try again..... :)

jhf.png

#593 Gillroyale

Gillroyale

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

should i install motocast?

#594 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

should i install motocast?

My opinion..... no....:)

jhf.png

#595 shaleemp

shaleemp

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:18 AM

this is my very first post obviously from the my post count. just wanna thank mattlgroff for the utility as it was exactly what i needed to get my rooted razr back to stock for the ota jb realeased today and thanks to all the other devs that put in work for android users!!

#596 doc-b

doc-b

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr max

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:25 AM

I Have a Razr Maxx. My Phone is Rooted and I have JB 4.1.2 . Sys. 98.72.8.XT912 installed. I am trying to do the Motorola Update OTA 98.72.16.XT912 . I am unsure if it is even worth the trouble of doing the Update. I have unrooted my phone and was still unable to do the update. Is worth the trouble of doing the update?, if so how do I do It? If it is not worth the trouble of the update, how do I stop it from popping up on my phone every day . Thanks
  • sar likes this

#597 teccompaniapc

teccompaniapc

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:45 AM

Fixed ;)

Hello friends installed a rom fido canada jelly bean with cid erase and I can not install over the original razrxt912 of my verizon friends What do I do, the system crash help me my razr not charging with this rom and not to the root, please help.
thank you

#598 admamacomfort

admamacomfort

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:36 PM

Please, i really need to fastboot to .211 , am on .215 ,  Can some give me a link to Droid Rz Utility 1.82.

All the once in the forum is non -active :angry:

#599 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:57 AM

Please, i really need to fastboot to .211 , am on .215 ,  Can some give me a link to Droid Rz Utility 1.82.

All the once in the forum is non -active :angry:

You can download 4.04 fastboot files.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

You can flash with rsd lite.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#600 AprilBelieves

AprilBelieves

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUnited states of america
  • Current Device(s):United states of america

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

I still cannot find the Droid Razr Utility 1.82 , i'm so freaking out trying to find it... ughhhhh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users