Photo

Droid Razr Utility 1.82 [Windows] For Verizon Droid Razr And Droid Razr Maxx Only

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
624 replies to this topic

#561 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:14 PM

It should have worked it you wiped data. When it was done working did you have to re-setup your phone when it booted? You know pick your language, setup gmail, turn on location, etc...

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#562 arowl6

arowl6

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

It should have worked it you wiped data. When it was done working did you have to re-setup your phone when it booted? You know pick your language, setup gmail, turn on location, etc...

Yes, it acted like a factory reset except it retained my google profile as well as my home Wifi access. Should I attempt wipe the data again?

#563 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

Yes, it acted like a factory reset except it retained my google profile as well as my home Wifi access. Should I attempt wipe the data again?

Might as well. Can't hurt at this point. I am out of ideas. :(

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#564 Endurozw

Endurozw

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx XT912

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

Probably get tired of hearing this but you just saved my butt, I have been in a dead panic for the past few hours....I'm the stereotypical user that just wanted root to be able to Wifi Tether but I had installed Safestrap and a few other ROM programs just to see how everything works. Needless to say the OTA update and the variety of software I had downloaded and forgotten about didn't mix and my phone wouldn't boot past the initial logo, was able to restore to ICS and am back up and running again. Thanks for what you do man and I'm glad I was able to find this site. Going to start digging around to get better informed about some of these ROM's / the software related to them.

#565 dmlsthe1

dmlsthe1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

Good idea but I'm already on JB. I'll look in titanium to see what I removed and maybe can find it somewhere...

jv

Have you tried extracting from nandroid backup in titanium backup? Or even restoring a stock ics Rom on a different slot to backup the stood you need. Than boot into the og stock Rom and restore the apps you need

#566 TheJustBacon

TheJustBacon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

matt. Oh matt... I love you

#567 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

Matt...I'll Love you too if you can get me back to Fastboot...

Can't Power down my Phone to get to Fastboot it-sa Loooping...Bricked...OTA got me in trouble...

I should get one Gimme...Why I said Happy Birthday to you...

Its Bubba

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#568 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

Seriously man how many threads are you gonna post in?? Hold Power and volume down for 15-20 seconds and it will power off
  • cmh714 likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#569 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

Seriously man how many threads are you gonna post in?? Hold Power and volume down for 15-20 seconds and it will power off

Thats funny :) I was gonna say that Bubba has been in a pinch before and we and he have gotten him back to where he gives advice and now this... :)

JK Bubba...

#570 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:45 AM

Thats funny :) I was gonna say that Bubba has been in a pinch before and we and he have gotten him back to where he gives advice and now this... :)

JK Bubba...

What's JK mean?
:D

I was doing Awesome just couldn't get out of that screen to get to Utility 1.82...

Well, what I learned...their is another way to get back to Fastboot using the Power & Volume Dn key besides the 3 key hold...
I need a manual for trouble shooting...:D Thanks :D

Its Bubba
~Stubborn In Your Bones~

#571 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:43 AM

For what its worth...
I still have less posts in the number of Threads I hit
:D
However, their is more duplicate Threads about OTA than I have Posted
:P

Its Bubba
~Stubborn In Your Bones~

#572 helloitsjackk

helloitsjackk

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR and Nexus 7

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

thank you soooooooooo much you saved me $600!!!

#573 sq4myvw

sq4myvw

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:10 AM

Having trouble with the zip file for 1.82. Says system.img file broken. didn't pass CRC All the other files extracted fine. Tried to extract with both winrar and 7zip with same results. anyway of getting just that file so I don't have to DL the whole zip??? Thanks

#574 brojo

brojo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:23 AM

I might be on wrong thread so I am sorry for that but here is my problem. I rooted my droid razr and I tried to flash a rom but it put me in a boot loop so I booted into recovery and ran my backup of my stock ics I am just looking to take the new ota of jellybean I don't care if I lose root but when trying to install it fails android guy falls over please help!!!

#575 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:25 AM

I might be on wrong thread so I am sorry for that but here is my problem. I rooted my droid razr and I tried to flash a rom but it put me in a boot loop so I booted into recovery and ran my backup of my stock ics I am just looking to take the new ota of jellybean I don't care if I lose root but when trying to install it fails android guy falls over please help!!!

Dead Andy is normal. press both vol buttons at same time to get the menu....and when you say you tried to flash a rom, I certainly hope that was while in Safestrap....

#576 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:29 AM

Having trouble with the zip file for 1.82. Says system.img file broken. didn't pass CRC All the other files extracted fine. Tried to extract with both winrar and 7zip with same results. anyway of getting just that file so I don't have to DL the whole zip??? Thanks

I'll put it on Dropbox and repost when its there for you. After you d/l it, pls repost so I can delete it.

Stay tuned should be done in a few minutes.....

#577 brojo

brojo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:34 AM

Dead Andy is normal. press both vol buttons at same time to get the menu....and when you say you tried to flash a rom, I certainly hope that was while in Safestrap....

yes it was in safe strap the phone works fine but it will not install the new ota of jellybean

#578 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:38 AM

yes it was in safe strap the phone works fine but it will not install the new ota of jellybean

If you want help, you will need to give more details like whats the error and where are you stuck. Option 1 will reset you back to Stock ICS so you can get the update, and I know it works as I did it 2 nites ago...

#579 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:45 AM

I'll put it on Dropbox and repost when its there for you. After you d/l it, pls repost so I can delete it.

Stay tuned should be done in a few minutes.....

My upload is sloooooow, you can probably pull the whole utility faster.....

#580 brojo

brojo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:47 AM

If you want help, you will need to give more details like whats the error and where are you stuck. Option 1 will reset you back to Stock ICS so you can get the update, and I know it works as I did it 2 nites ago...

after android guy falls over it has a triangle on it and then the phone reboots it does not give an error after it reboots it just says install failed I am not following what option 1 is

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users