• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3711 replies to this topic

#3601 kitcostantino

kitcostantino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

Re-started HoB 10.1 after manually putting in AP fastboot. RSD status says "please power this phone manually" status says "in process"

Patiently waiting going on 45 minutes...

Will report back

Btw, hollywood, my xp machine does this every time i fxz. Hangs up, though the phone boots and all seems fine. I admire your patience. Ive just played around to make sure the phone works, given up, disconnected and the phones have been fine. Idk why it does that, but i also had fxz fail without the moto helper drivers in addition to the moto device manager. Perhaps its time to redo my setup. If it booted, but still says 'manually power up...' in my personal experience its been okay. 

• B.E.McAllister likes this

#3602 primaryforce

primaryforce

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

Can't find HOB download link?  Any hints?

Thanks,

Primaryforce

#3603 jcwilliams

jcwilliams

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Locationohio

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

's-House-of-Bionic

#3604 ICS_THX_2_HOB

ICS_THX_2_HOB

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:09 PM

At the risk of being hollered at does anyone know how to remove the superuser.apk so Motochopper will work?

Bionic ICS 6.7.247

#3605 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,508 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:56 AM

Motochopper does not work on omap phones.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

Non potest esse nisi unus

#3606 Hollywood67

Hollywood67

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

Re-started HoB 10.1 after manually putting in AP fastboot. RSD status says "please power this phone manually" status says "in process"
Patiently waiting going on 45 minutes...
Will report back

Btw, hollywood, my xp machine does this every time i fxz. Hangs up, though the phone boots and all seems fine. I admire your patience. Ive just played around to make sure the phone works, given up, disconnected and the phones have been fine. Idk why it does that, but i also had fxz fail without the moto helper drivers in addition to the moto device manager. Perhaps its time to redo my setup. If it booted, but still says 'manually power up...' in my personal experience its been okay. 

Yea I did the same process three times, all with that same result. Phone seems fine although I lost root.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

4.3 Rooted!!

#3607 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,508 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:11 AM

10.2 WINDOWS RELEASE

o) Add unprotect root function to remove the su-backup.  This is necessary to do before taking a nandroid backup.  If you do not do this, your backup WILL fail to restore properly.  This is for SS users.  Bootstrap does not work on JB.  Remember to run protect after your nandroid creation is completed.

So, if you don't remove the protected root backup (and the same goes for any Voodoo created backups you may have) before you create a nandroid, your restore will fail because the protected backup is locked...so the rm -f will fail.  So remember to unprotect root with both the HoB unprotect and Voodoo before creating or restoring a nandrod.  Since bootstrap doesn't work on JB, this mostly applies to SS users.

#3608 mjs27541

mjs27541

I have no idea what's going on...

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD
  • Current Device(s):LG G2

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:42 AM

Hm wonder if that's what caused some of my issues yesterday. After I got everything fixed I tried to nandroid restore my stock slot and ended up soft bricked again.

#3609 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,508 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:48 AM

Very possible.  When it goes to restore if the su-backup is protected then it can't be erased with a standard rm -rf command which is what they use when they restore system from a nandroid.

#3610 bigv5150

bigv5150

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationDirty Jerzey
  • Current Device(s):Droid Maxx

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

Hm wonder if that's what caused some of my issues yesterday. After I got everything fixed I tried to nandroid restore my stock slot and ended up soft bricked again.

same happened to me Sam can I use the HoB to FXZ since I have SS installed and keep data.

#3611 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,508 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

same happened to me Sam can I use the HoB to FXZ since I have SS installed and keep data.

Here's the thing....If you're doing an FXZ option (Keep Data or FULL) SS being installed doesn't make a damn bit of difference since EVERYTHING is going to be replaced. SS being installed matters only when you're trying to install an update with the HoB which honestly, no one's going to do anymore.

#3612 bigv5150

bigv5150

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationDirty Jerzey

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

cool just wanted to check because it gives the warning thanks for the quick response

#3613 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,508 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:34 PM

Yea, SS has evolved and the methods I use in the HoB did, as well.  So perhaps the info needs to be changed.

#3614 bigv5150

bigv5150

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationDirty Jerzey

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

As usual worked flawlessly now I get to try Marty's root method.

• SamuriHL likes this

#3615 sactownjoey

sactownjoey

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

The OTA JB update wouldn't install for me. As usual, a little reading and HoB to the rescue. Thanks again Sam and community!

• SamuriHL likes this

#3616 CPKIII

CPKIII

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:35 AM

Just sticking my head in to say thanks again to Samuri for the HOB.  

Tried rooting stock JB using the VM and never would exploit correctly.  Reread everything about HOB, and with patience, I FXZ'd with a factory wipe to 22, and was able to root.  

Now have safe strap installed and CM10.1 and Blurry....  

Thanks Sam.  

• SamuriHL likes this

#3617 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,152 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

ok I'm thinking of finally taking the plunge to JB.  I thought I'd use the HoB to add an additional layer of root protection prior to doing so.  Below is the log, is this right?

SamuriHL's House of Bionic 10.2

FLASH MODE: Fastboot
* server not running *
[*]
[*] House of Bionic SU protect
[*]
[*] Before continuing:
[*] Ensure USB debugging is enabled
[*] You have the latest Motorola drivers installed
[*] Your phone is connected via USB and in MTP mode
[*]
[*] Press enter to protect root...
Press any key to continue . . .
[*]
[*] Waiting for device...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
[*] Device found.
Failure
Failure
526 KB/s (1578585 bytes in 2.929s)
        pkg: /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS]
3223 KB/s (105616 bytes in 0.032s)
        pkg: /data/local/tmp/VoodooOTARootkeeper.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS]
[*] Rebooting...
[*] Protect complete
[*] NOTE: Please open Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper and protect SU
[*] Press any key to exit.

Please check for errors before continuing.

and yes, I already had voodoo installed... thought it just copied an SU backup to another Samurai location within system...?

The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#3618 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,508 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

Protect root does more than just make a backup.  Check /system/usr/hob-need-root to see if the su-backup is there.  If it is, you're fine.  But protecting root also involves updating it....doesn't people any good to backup a root solution that won't work when they try to restore it.

#3619 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,152 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:57 PM

excellent, thanks for super quick reply.  It's there, in addition to the Voodoo backup.  ok deep breath and soon I think off to ota jb I go...

The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#3620 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,152 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

oh one more thing, I should unprotect root with both voodoo and HoB prior to making a nandroid of stock JB, correct?  Otherwise brick city?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HoB

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users