5 replies to this topic

#1 infamousxemnas

infamousxemnas

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

I have a problem. I have this Droid Bionic and i want to get it on one of the newer ICS/JB Roms
but i am on an older ROM (eclipse v1.1.1) 5.5.893.XT875.verizon.en.us I know how to flash FXZ with RSD lite but i am unsure of what i need to flash without destroying my phone thank you for reading.

#2 csantarcangelo

csantarcangelo

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

Check out House of Bionic under Droid Bionic Support. You need to be on version 905 which Samurihl has on the page, as well as instructions and a loader to get to stock ICS. Read the full OP!
Just having fun with Android!

#3 infamousxemnas

infamousxemnas

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

Check out House of Bionic under Droid Bionic Support. You need to be on version 905 which Samurihl has on the page, as well as instructions and a loader to get to stock ICS. Read the full OP!

I'm looking to get on back on the OTA update path so i can ota to the latest stock build thats the only way i know of to flash my radio to the latest too. That seems like for people already on the latest.

#4 infamousxemnas

infamousxemnas

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

I felt very uneasy about that but I contacted Samurihl and he assured me that it would bring me to .905 with no problems. I tried that method and it worked FLAWLESSY. So anyone who is using an ancient rom with the bionic this method does work for us dinosaurs!

#5 csantarcangelo

csantarcangelo

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:35 AM

I felt very uneasy about that but I contacted Samurihl and he assured me that it would bring me to .905 with no problems. I tried that method and it worked FLAWLESSY. So anyone who is using an ancient rom with the bionic this method does work for us dinosaurs!

I've had no problem with the advice I've received here. HoB works. Read the rest of the thread and you may feel comfortable going to ICS as well. If you try the .232 update you can go back to .905 when the OTA comes out, or just wait until the OTA is posted on HoB and jump back on from there.

Personally I don't see going back to the OTA path as long as the developers here continue their great work!
Just having fun with Android!

#6 tlarseth

tlarseth

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Twitter:vegeta_gg42
  • Google+:109562648201257021460
  • LocationMars Hill, NC

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:05 AM

You should be able to just use HoB, just make sure your computer motorola drivers are up to date, you have RSDlite 5.7, DO NOT GO TO 6.x+, HoB 8.0, and the support file for the update you want to go to, it allows you to keep your data, and get on the latest OTA update which is 905, or if you want a taste of ICS, there is the other updates available, the latest ICS leak is 247, but remember if you update to 235 or higher you can not go back only forward. If you stay at a number below 235, like 232 which was a good build, you can go back to 905 for when the OTA comes out. This makes for getting back on the OTA path easy. Just read all the instructions in the FAQ, and if you have any questions feel free to ask, SamuriHL is the one behind HoB, and if you ask he usually helps out.
Droid Bionic Launch Version 16GB Internal w/ 16GB SDcard version with HoB 247 ICS.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Help bionic, ota

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users