Photo

What's Your Preferred Rom?

ROM Survey Poll

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Poll: Survey - What's your fav? (336 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your preferred choice in (Moto ICS & AOKP) ROMS?

1. Stock deodexed/zipaligned (rooted) 211 (7 votes [2.08%])

Percentage of vote: 2.08%

2. Dualcore (4 votes [1.19%])

Percentage of vote: 1.19%

3. The Arctic ICS (10 votes [2.98%])

Percentage of vote: 2.98%

4. Eclipse ICS (34 votes [10.12%])

Percentage of vote: 10.12%

5. Voted SimplexROM (65 votes [19.35%])

Percentage of vote: 19.35%

6. Voted DroidHD (31 votes [9.23%])

Percentage of vote: 9.23%

7. ArcticHD (30 votes [8.93%])

Percentage of vote: 8.93%

8. Flick (43 votes [12.80%])

Percentage of vote: 12.80%

9. Skullcandy (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

10. Voted Bionx Nx (13 votes [3.87%])

Percentage of vote: 3.87%

11. Jekyll (4 votes [1.19%])

12. Evolution (13 votes [3.87%])

13. Black Widow - Moto (13 votes [3.87%])

14. Black Widow - AOKP (27 votes [8.04%])

Percentage of vote: 8.04%

15. Full Throttle -AKOP (15 votes [4.46%])

Percentage of vote: 4.46%

16. Haven't Tried! (27 votes [8.04%])

Percentage of vote: 8.04%

What is your preferred choice in (CM-10/JB) ROMS?

1. Licorice (25 votes [7.44%])

Percentage of vote: 7.44%

2. Scalpel (13 votes [3.87%])

3. JellyCore (35 votes [10.42%])

Percentage of vote: 10.42%

4. Voted High Octane (14 votes [4.17%])

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

5. Black Widow (55 votes [16.37%])

Percentage of vote: 16.37%

6. Voted KOA Resurrection (41 votes [12.20%])

Percentage of vote: 12.20%

7. Voted Haven't Tried! (153 votes [45.54%])

Percentage of vote: 45.54%

What is your preferred choice in (AOKP/JB) ROMS?

1. Axiomcs (8 votes [2.38%])

Percentage of vote: 2.38%

2. JellyCore (28 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

3. Voted ChKM8 (4 votes [1.19%])

4. Wizzed Bean Rebirth (41 votes [12.20%])

Percentage of vote: 12.20%

5. Black Widow (62 votes [18.45%])

Percentage of vote: 18.45%

6. Voted Full Throttle Killer Bean (29 votes [8.63%])

Percentage of vote: 8.63%

7. Red Tide Revenge (2 votes [0.60%])

Percentage of vote: 0.60%

8. Voted Haven't Tried! (162 votes [48.21%])

Percentage of vote: 48.21%

What is your preferred choice in (MIUI) ROMS?

1. Voted Unofficial MIUI (10 votes [2.98%])

Percentage of vote: 2.98%

2. Dianxin (3 votes [0.89%])

Percentage of vote: 0.89%

3. MIUI for ICS Leaks (15 votes [4.46%])

Percentage of vote: 4.46%

4. Voted Haven't Tried! (308 votes [91.67%])

Percentage of vote: 91.67%

What is your preferred choice in (CM9/JB) ROMS?

1. Black Widow (66 votes [19.64%])

Percentage of vote: 19.64%

2. Voted KOA (59 votes [17.56%])

Percentage of vote: 17.56%

3. Voted Haven't Tried! (211 votes [62.80%])

Percentage of vote: 62.80%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 jsbeagle

jsbeagle

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:28 AM

Full Throttle CM9!
My battery lasts FOREVER on CM9 Retribution. Battery life improves greatly after you use it for a few days.

I upgraded to SS3 yesterday, so I've been playing with FT's CM10 on a slot. I'm currently re-setting up FT's CM9 as my backup on another slot (since SS2 nandroids are incompatible with SS3). When the new FT CM9 comes out I'll definitely go to it as a daily driver.

#22 tyrate

tyrate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:44 AM

I feel this poll is a good idea but it may not get you to your end destination, so to speak. I honestly do not think me giving you my favorite ROM will really help you, but I feel perhaps a break down of the different bases will be of greater use.

I'd like to say first of all, in my humble opinion, you cannot go wrong with any ROM on this site. I give mad props to all the Devs here who put in hours and hours of work. I'm far from an expert so if I've made any mistakes in my descriptions I urge anyone to please correct me.

Blur based ROMs:
The most bug free. What you sacrifice in options you gain in stability. Pretty much everything works on them. They are de-bloated to different extents and filled with sexy tweaks implemented by the Devs to improve battery life and performance. They generally tend to run much better than stock in my opinion. You can't go wrong with these ROMs.

AOKP/CM9 ICS based ROMs:
Almost bug free. Extremely de-bloated. Things like buggy screen auto-rotation (when changing the orientation of your phone it causes the screen image to become small before it actually switches over to the proper size and orientation. Sort of a choppy transition rather than a smooth fluid one), cropped screen shots, laggy home screen transitions (a workaround for this is to turn off wallpaper scrolling), and no HDMI out are some of the more annoying bugs for me personally. However, if you can get past the bugs, these ROMs offer very high customization such as customizable pull-down notifications and battery icons, long pressing of the volume rocker to skip music tracks, and fine tuned adjustments of the auto-brightness settings to name a few. Both AOKP and CM9 generally run extremely fast with excellent battery life. AOKP offers a few more options in the customization department but CM9 offers customizable lock screen hotseats so you can choose your unlock shortcuts.

AOKP/CM10 Jelly Bean based ROMs:
Fixes some bugs in AOKP/CM9 ICS. These ROMs are extremely snappy, buttery smooth, and have all the AOKP/CyanogenMod customization. However, they still suffer from buggy auto-rotation and introduce a couple of new bugs, such as not being able to send or receive MMS (using a 3rd party SMS/MMS app such as Handcent or Go SMS seems to fix this issue) and the camera flash being out of sync with the camera, causing dark pics in low light scenarios. In my opinion, they are definitely daily drivable ROMs as the pros outweigh the cons by a wide margin.

Kexec ROMs:
This is an option you did not include in your poll. I personally have not used any Kexec ROMs. These ROMs are available in AOSP, AOKP, and CyanogenMod flavors. What makes them different is that the locked boot loader is bypassed allowing custom kernels to be used. These ROMs tend to have the most bugs. The biggest being no deep sleep (this issue may have been fixed by now) and a non-working camera, but I've read they are still very awesome ROMs with great performance and battery life. Hopefully Dhacker and Hashcode will get the few kinks worked out sooner or later. A BIGTIME shoutout goes out to them because without them, we'd have much less options if any at all.

Hope this helps.

Milkshed27 thank you for adding this. Hopefully you don't mind if I edit my post and add your notes to the top I think its very informative and helpful information to know when looking at ROM options.
  • milkshed27 likes this

#23 the.internet

the.internet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:34 AM

Well with ss3 I can run them all! I used Arctic for a long time and still do when I need to have everything working, camera and video. Right now my daily is KOA though with CyanCore and Arctic running in 2, other slots. To be honest all 3 are my "Favorite"

Sent from my Droid Razr CyanCore V1.1

Might not be the place for this, but I'm curious how you've gotten this to work. I'm running Simplex in slot 1, and when I try to install any AOKP/CM10 ROM (perhaps others, haven't tried yet) in another slot (full wipe), I get a notice on boot that the UID doesn't match and that I need to clear data (which I have tried clearing everything), and then it FC's nonstop through several different processes.

I like how Milkshed put it. I want a phone that is completely functional, as I use Webtop almost daily, and I've had a few times where I was on a JB ROM, and I missed a photo opportunity or MMS. But I'd like to be able to have them in secondary slots to play around with and get used to.
  • milkshed27 likes this

#24 milkshed27

milkshed27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:32 AM

Milkshed27 thank you for adding this. Hopefully you don't mind if I edit my post and add your notes to the top I think its very informative and helpful information to know when looking at ROM options.

I don't mind that at all. I take it as a complement. Thanks for the kind words.
If we question our own actions, our thought process, make a conscious decision to what we feel is right every single day, that's what I believe to be Divinity. That's true Shamanism.

#25 SUPERSPORT25

SUPERSPORT25

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy 4S

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:26 AM

I like this idea so users can see who is downloading what, the only thing is they dont know is why. With that said it would be awesome to create bubbles so a voter can click why on each ROM for example Droid HD has pretty good battery life, but some may not care for battery life as much but be more for stability or other qualities. . I guess it can get too detailed but it would save the forums alot of postings on "whats your favorite rom?" and "Which rom has the best battery life?" etc.

#26 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

Is anyone here running the R3DS iKR3AM rom? That's what I'm running now and It's outstanding. Stock UI but for the performance, I'll take it!

I have to agree. Everybody seems to have a rom they "always go back to" and his stock 215 rom is that rom for me. I know where he is now but I have to say it's a shame he isn't on this site anymore. His roms are excellent (IMHO).

#27 bwheelies

bwheelies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

Surprised nobody took interest in the Linaro build mentioned earlier.

Any more word on that beast?

#28 quadracin

quadracin

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

Where is R3D's rom postings at?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#29 hdkilner

hdkilner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:18 PM

I also swear by R3Ds's ROMs excellent battery life and I think they are developed with more testing done I havnt used one yet where everything doesnt work,not saying there isnt any. 2nd choice for me is Arctic very good rom I would have kept useing only wished battery life was better.

#30 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

im sure if R3D was apart of DR still, and had his roms posted in the forums, his ROM would have been apart of the poll. ;)

btw, BW ftw!!!

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#31 hdkilner

hdkilner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:14 AM

As Stated he is not a part of this site any longer but has quality product. I do always end up back here(DR) looking for the ultimate rom for me,.still waiting ;)

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Edited by hdkilner, 21 October 2012 - 05:21 AM.

#32 chipworkz

chipworkz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:40 AM

I have tried some of the roms listed but I keep going back to Droid HD. As others have said, I want my phone to be fully functional and work really well. I haven't found any of the roms to do this better than Droid HD or Arctic HD in my opinion. I did run Simplex for the 2nd longest of any roms and it functions very well too but I just like the overall polish of Droid HD better.

I am always looking for something better and get the whole crackflashing thing but I personally just don't get running these new Jelly Bean roms that don't have everything working. Bluetooth is a big one for me so that is one of my biggest issues. Besides having some cool tweaks you can do, I really don't get running something with a bunch of bugs just because it is Jelly Bean, CM or AOKP. I did really like the AOKP rom I tried but the Bluetooth issue forced me off of it.

I am not bashing any of these roms by any means and understand it takes development to eventually get everything working. In the end, I paid good money for my phone and want it to work at it's full potential. So far it is the Droid HD or Arctic HD that does that for me. Everything works perfect and I have great battery life. Everything else just feels like I am taking a step backwards.

As it has been said, it is all about choices and I am happy that we have all these choices so this isn't about putting down any of the roms.

#33 Guest_rgocal_*

Guest_rgocal_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:52 PM

I vote for Bionx Nx ;) (Not because im the developer of it... lol)
Sure ive tried the cm9 roms, cm10 roms, some of dhackers and hachcodes speciality builds and couple of the blur based roms. Miui in my opinion still needs work but in the end will make the top list as well.
My favorite out of the jellybean roms available to the razr was CNA!

In the users eyes of Bionx, i believe folks here see that its unique in every way. Its high def quality, smooth processing, unique ui and settings.

we got way to many roms that do the same thing and look the same. we need more "custom" roms than remakes and "mash ups"
But dont go by my word, thats just my opinion. ;)

sent from my Droid Razr running Bionx Nx

#34 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

I vote for Bionx Nx ;) (Not because im the developer of it... lol)
Sure ive tried the cm9 roms, cm10 roms, some of dhackers and hachcodes speciality builds and couple of the blur based roms. Miui in my opinion still needs work but in the end will make the top list as well.
My favorite out of the jellybean roms available to the razr was CNA!

In the users eyes of Bionx, i believe folks here see that its unique in every way. Its high def quality, smooth processing, unique ui and settings.

we got way to many roms that do the same thing and look the same. we need more "custom" roms than remakes and "mash ups"
But dont go by my word, thats just my opinion. ;)

sent from my Droid Razr running Bionx Nx

You right and I will say full throttle cna almost done. Linaro tweaking now

vtc.png

#35 Natedog

Natedog

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

Great thread and info, I've been running rooted since one week after buying my new Droid Razr and am now looking to get custom ROM with as full function as possible, and long battery life, totally de-bloated....so that is why I'm reading this thread. :)

#36 androidlearner

androidlearner

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

Great thread and info, I've been running rooted since one week after buying my new Droid Razr and am now looking to get custom ROM with as full function as possible, and long battery life, totally de-bloated....so that is why I'm reading this thread.

If you want fully functional everything you'd have to stick with Blur based ROMs. Depends on what features your ok with not having.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx Full Throttle

#37 abrasher

abrasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Twitter:@INKMD
  • LocationAthens, Ga - USA

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

For stable and clean... Stock always. Every ROM offers something fun and different, but each comes at the cost of something else? Waiting for the perfectly stable AOSP BUILD myself.

#38 bwheelies

bwheelies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:55 PM

For stable and clean... Stock always. Every ROM offers something fun and different, but each comes at the cost of something else? Waiting for the perfectly stable AOSP BUILD myself.

Indeed. +1

#39 ogre

ogre

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:25 AM

Still using CM9 from 9/18.
From dhacker & hashcode.

Very stable. Rare data drop. And the funky rotation that I've sort of become fond of.

#40 hdkilner

hdkilner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:54 AM

Eclipse 1.5

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ROM, Survey, Poll

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users