#21 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:04 AM

Guys it's a marketing thing. They always promote new phones. They want you to burn an upgrade and get stuck with a phone for another two years. Bionic came out before RAZR and razr got ICS first. I do have an upgrade available but I'm waiting for a new moto release. :)

Sent from my RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
  • wabmorgan likes this

#22 eek88dj

eek88dj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:07 AM

I hope u r right....

#23 scottpole

scottpole

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

Yea the OG RAZR will get it its just not a priority. MOTO wants to be able to sell their new phones regardless of whether it's subsidized or outright so they update the new devices the fastest. But its just like how the razr got ICS before the Bionic. The RAZR HDs and Ms get JB before the OG RAZR. Bionic now has ICS. So OG RAZR will get JB.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#24 eek88dj

eek88dj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

I know it's all about money. I couldn't wait I bought the Maxx HD. I'm stupid for doing it I know but it runs a lot faster and smoother. The screen color is great. Battery life is flawless.

#25 scottpole

scottpole

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

I know it's all about money. I couldn't wait I bought the Maxx HD. I'm stupid for doing it I know but it runs a lot faster and smoother. The screen color is great. Battery life is flawless.

I wouldn't call you stupid. That's a good decision considering it's got jelly bean officially and Google and Motorola are now closer than ever. Putting their android at close to bone stock. Plus the Maxx HD is super sexy. I wish I could get one and have an OG maxx. But I'm not bugging about OTAs because I also have a galaxy nexus that I swap back and forth with. So when I want to experience the latest and greatest I use it and when I want super good battery life while I'm out and about I use my MAXX.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#26 eek88dj

eek88dj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

One way of doing it lol....

#27 studiorat

studiorat

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):Jelly Wizzed JB Droid Maxx

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

spoke to a VZW CSR in tech support last month and not that their word means diddly squat, but he said according to his info US maxx and OG rzr should have it by Jan 1st, 2013, again this is just one person on the inside.....so take it for what its worth, IMHO Verizon Hates its Customers and not releasing an Update to force customers to purchase newer devices is Normal Business Practice....so we shall see.....VZW Sucks and if I wasn't locked in for 2 more years i would leave and go prepaid....
Offending The Masses since 1967.........FTW........Christianity is a Farse!!!

#28 bwheelies

bwheelies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

spoke to a VZW CSR in tech support last month and not that their word means diddly squat, but he said according to his info US maxx and OG rzr should have it by Jan 1st, 2013, again this is just one person on the inside.....so take it for what its worth, IMHO Verizon Hates its Customers and not releasing an Update to force customers to purchase newer devices is Normal Business Practice....so we shall see.....VZW Sucks and if I wasn't locked in for 2 more years i would leave and go prepaid....

It's long been known that any word of mouth or CSR information might as well not be repeated. Just building false hope for the uninitiated.

I think we will get it but I am in no hurry to upgrade. These things are that good as is.

#29 tlarseth

tlarseth

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Twitter:vegeta_gg42
  • Google+:109562648201257021460
  • LocationMars Hill, NC

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

With Verizon making the claim they are removing bloatware from phones by March 2013, I would think that their JB updates in the future will be the update to remove the bloatware, so those who are going to get it that haven't got JB yet, will probably at least hopefully get it by March 2013.
  • studiorat likes this
Droid Bionic Launch Version 16GB Internal w/ 16GB SDcard version with HoB 247 ICS.

#30 studiorat

studiorat

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):Jelly Wizzed JB Droid Maxx

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:02 AM

With Verizon making the claim they are removing bloatware from phones by March 2013, I would think that their JB updates in the future will be the update to remove the bloatware, so those who are going to get it that haven't got JB yet, will probably at least hopefully get it by March 2013.

true......but we can dream cant we?.....lol
Offending The Masses since 1967.........FTW........Christianity is a Farse!!!

#31 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

I hope u r right....

I'll talk from experience on this one. Before jumping on the RAZR bandwagon, I had the Droid X2. At one point, the Motorola Upgrade Status page had the X2 listed as "researching" for getting ICS. Eventually, it came to the status of "will stay on gingerbread".

The OG RAZR/RAZR MAXX are listed as "will get Jellybean". The X2 never stated this. It was always in a "assessment" mode and then to "staying on GB".

BTW, when the OG RAZR/RAZR MAXX's came out with GB, they also had "will be getting ICS" as a status. Also, going from ICS to JB is NOT that major of a step as it was going from GB to ICS. Remember, JB is ICS-based. Just some tweaks and enhancements to the core ICS base.

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Motorola, Jellybean, Update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users