163 replies to this topic

#121 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

You're welcome..... Glad it helped....;)

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#122 dinkoh

dinkoh

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

I really do feel dumb asking this, but how do I use this utility? I connected my phone to the laptop, but not quite sure how I'm supposed to use this utility. Couldn't find a readme file.

#123 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:07 AM

I really do feel dumb asking this, but how do I use this utility? I connected my phone to the laptop, but not quite sure how I'm supposed to use this utility. Couldn't find a readme file.

Using the utility is pretty simple ;) what exactly are you trying to do? Then it will be a bit easier to tell you what you need to do :)

jhf.png

#124 dinkoh

dinkoh

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

I'm not a Mac user, so I didn't understand .sh files. I finally figured it out and got it all to work. Weird thing was that I had to insert/re-insert the USB port in order for the utility to move-on to the next command. A lot of times the utility would just stall until I pulled out/plugged in the usb cable.

#125 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:44 AM

I'm not a Mac user, so I didn't understand .sh files. I finally figured it out and got it all to work. Weird thing was that I had to insert/re-insert the USB port in order for the utility to move-on to the next command. A lot of times the utility would just stall until I pulled out/plugged in the usb cable.

glad you got it to work...... :)have seen quite a few times (with the HD) where people have had to toggle the USB (unplug, then plug pack in)...

jhf.png

#126 R2D2

R2D2

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:08 AM

Hey John I am trying to use your utility to root my RAZR MAXX HD using the random utilities read-me that you linked to for guidance Obviously ive had to modify some of the directions but im getting stuck at the point telling me to type in ./files/adb devices. Im in the proper nutsandbolts directory but its returning -bash: ./files/adb: No such file or directory. I assume the command im entering to find my RAZR is wrong for your utility compared to the read-me...any guidance?

#127 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:42 AM

Hey John I am trying to use your utility to root my RAZR MAXX HD using the random utilities read-me that you linked to for guidance Obviously ive had to modify some of the directions but im getting stuck at the point telling me to type in ./files/adb devices. Im in the proper nutsandbolts directory but its returning -bash: ./files/adb: No such file or directory. I assume the command im entering to find my RAZR is wrong for your utility compared to the read-me...any guidance?

Typically if you just execute the sh file it should recognize your device and then run..... Sometimes (for some odd reason) it won't recognize your device by just putting in the ./adb devices command.....

jhf.png

#128 R2D2

R2D2

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

Im assuming I should not have directed it to nutsandbolts to get the .sh to run...what should I enter to get the .sh file started? Thanks for quick reply btw!

#129 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

Im assuming I should not have directed it to nutsandbolts to get the .sh to run...what should I enter to get the .sh file started? Thanks for quick reply btw!

Right.... The sh is separate from the nuts and bolts folder...... You can execute the sh a couple different ways..... Open terminal and cd to where you extracted the utility.... Then type ./name-of-the-sh-file.sh....... (you may need to chmod +x name-of-the-sh-file.sh)..... Or you may be able to just double click the sh and choose "run in terminal"...... Either way should work for you.......

jhf.png

#130 R2D2

R2D2

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:23 AM

Worked perfectly! I got the utility running now, however when I choose option "2" and press enter nothing happens...

#131 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:43 AM

Worked perfectly! I got the utility running now, however when I choose option "2" and press enter nothing happens...

you say "nothing happens"..... does it show anything on the screen? or does it just sit there? ..... it should at the very least say "waiting for device" (if it is not doing anything else)

jhf.png

#132 R2D2

R2D2

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

It was just sitting there without saying anything... accidentally disconnected USB and reconnected and it continued as someone else said above! Rooted and rockin! Thanks for the great utility...time for me to really dive into Tasker with root access!

#133 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

Does the Linux scripts use the kill deamon, start deamon commands also. Would this help the having to unplug USB and plug back in? Sorry for the noob question?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#134 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

Does the Linux scripts use the kill deamon, start deamon commands also. Would this help the having to unplug USB and plug back in? Sorry for the noob question?

Yeah..... It uses the "kill-server" and "start-server" commands..... For some reason some of the razr HD's have a bad additude..... And you need to toggle the usb for it to continue..... ;/

jhf.png

#135 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

Yeah..... It uses the "kill-server" and "start-server" commands..... For some reason some of the razr HD's have a bad additude..... And you need to toggle the usb for it to continue..... ;/

Stupid temperamental phones lol. Sorry didn't look at the script before asking. Just curiosity. Thanks for the reply.

#136 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

Stupid temperamental phones lol. Sorry didn't look at the script before asking. Just curiosity. Thanks for the reply.

No problem.. :)

jhf.png

#137 ryankliber

ryankliber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

trying to get root coming from jb. get back to ics, root, backup root, temp unroot, reboot, and can never get the update to download via ota. only way i've got back to jb is by using the moto auto updater software on pc, and then the backup of root was gone so back to square one. any help appreciated

#138 ryankliber

ryankliber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

coming from option 1 is there any way to sideload the 6mb update and then sideload the jb update? the problem is i cant get the 6mb ota that willl take me from 0.6.25 (or whatever stock is lol dont feel like looking again) to 0.7.2. i tried to sideload the leak from the leak thread on top of what i'm running and it said verification failed, and the same with the 620mb jb file on sbf.droid-developers. i'm completely out of options for getting root on jb. i just dont understand ive tried it so many times its sickening. yeah, 5 HOURS of retrying this. either vzws ota is broke right now, or this exploit has been patched somehow. was an absolute breeze to backup rooted ics on the xt912 and sideload the leak, then restore root. my faith in moto is diminishing at a very rapid pace.
  • Jdotcarter likes this

#139 Jdotcarter

Jdotcarter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

coming from option 1 is there any way to sideload the 6mb update and then sideload the jb update? the problem is i cant get the 6mb ota that willl take me from 0.6.25 (or whatever stock is lol dont feel like looking again) to 0.7.2. i tried to sideload the leak from the leak thread on top of what i'm running and it said verification failed, and the same with the 620mb jb file on sbf.droid-developers. i'm completely out of options for getting root on jb. i just dont understand ive tried it so many times its sickening. yeah, 5 HOURS of retrying this. either vzws ota is broke right now, or this exploit has been patched somehow. was an absolute breeze to backup rooted ics on the xt912 and sideload the leak, then restore root. my faith in moto is diminishing at a very rapid pace.

I am having the same issue... Rooted on ICS now just can't get the OTA

#140 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

I am having the same issue... Rooted on ICS now just can't get the OTA

Check this out.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Unable to download system update

• ryankliber likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: razr hd utility, matts utility, linux utility, mac utility

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users