163 replies to this topic

#101 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

Glad you got it.... Phone must just had a bad additude....
Sorry for the slo response.... ;)

sent from my spare phone tapadriving........

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#102 newbdroyd

newbdroyd

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Locationeast coast...of north carolina
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Atrix HD, Nexus 7

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

Okay, so the atrix had an update almost immediately from release...I first tried the original firmware from the date of release...that did not go too well, several errors including the tz part again, haha...at this point I go back and replaced all the software files with the update IMG/partition files, and whammo....my phone was finally back up and running!!! So at this point I would like to give a huge thanks to johnthehillbilly, you were a huge help and I truly appreciate all your work as well as your individual assistance...Thanks a ton

However I must report my phone is now a paper weight...after going back to stock I rooted and installed Voodoo's root keeper...thought I did everything to retain root and performed the ota update to 4.1.1...once I booted up, I went in to root keeper and restored root from my bu, but it didn't work n no longer had root...tried to run the script again to go back to 4.0 but failed due to "degrading to less secure software" or something like that. I figured I would try it again, but really screwed up and accidentally ran the script as is (for the droid RAZR and not atrix..."holy f*-#in $&#k!!!") Needless to say my self inflicted wound was a suicidal kill shot...damn! I still can't get over it...anyway now my pretty electronic device imitation won't boot, wont fastboot, and won't even go in to recovery...doubt it will ever live again, though I am in the process of making a "factory cable" just so I can say I did TRY everything...keeping my fingers crossed...

#103 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:37 AM

.... so now, it will not even go into AP Fastboot?..... that sounds kinda odd , unless of course your battery is totally dead, in which case you will need the factory cable..... if that is the case, once you have the factory cable, you should be able to run the atrix script again and get it back up and running..... however if a dead battery is not your issue then the factory cable will get you no further than you are now.........:)

sent from my DROID RAZR tapadriving ...

jhf.png

#104 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA
  • Current Device(s):LG Nexus 4

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

I just used this a few minutes ago... I noticed during flash that there was an error... Line 191 is missing flash with the fastboot command.

Once I fixed that it worked great... Thanks... :)

#105 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

I just used this a few minutes ago... I noticed during flash that there was an error... Line 191 is missing flash with the fastboot command.

Once I fixed that it worked great... Thanks...

Thanx for that.... I will check it out now....

Edit.... Script is fixed will be uploading revised in a few.... Thanx again...

Revised script here ... 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

This is what happens when i write script(s) when i am NOT driving.... LOL
sent from my spare phone tapadriving........

jhf.png

#106 Guest_Xplorer4x4_*

Guest_Xplorer4x4_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:53 PM

ok so i have gone through and run updates, and have had the update manager check 3 times that all is updated, my knowledge is very limited and have run out of ideas, honestly i was out before i wrote my first post...
anyway this is exactly what is what i put in and the output...

michael@NV53:~/mb886dev$ sh LinuxMacDroidRazrHD.sh
32 bit Linux System
Resetting ADB and Launching Droid RAZR HD utility...
This Isn't A Windoze Tool.

LinuxMacDroidRazrHD.sh: 95: LinuxMacDroidRazrHD.sh: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
michael@NV53:~/mb886dev$

as you can see, i didn't get very far before this arose. any ideas would be a trmendous help...and thanks in advance

Running Kubuntu 12.10 x64 here. I had the same error:

You need to chmod a+x LinuxMacDroidRazrHD.sh, problem solved. :)

@John, THANK YOU for a linux utility!!!!! Given Android is a linux kernel based os, it would be nice to see more tools for hacking in linux!

#107 Guest_Xplorer4x4_*

Guest_Xplorer4x4_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

small update, originally I used the motofail2go package in a windows vm, and it worked great I fastbooted for the first time, of many to come I am sure has I cant help but hack at my devices :P. Anyway, I tried using your utility to root, No matter how many times I tried the bug report, it never rooted. I tried 20 times at least. When I switched over to motofail2go, it worked on the first try(other then a short hang up by adb which was fixed by unplugging and plugging the phone in again).

I did notice this error alot:
./nutsandbolts/adb.linux: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Solution, supposedly is "sudo apt-get install ia32-libs" but since I am using Kubuntu, it needed to pull in 52MB/164 packages of dependencies! While I can;t keep a completely gtk free machine, I try to avoid pulling in a ton of ridiculous gtk dependencies. A few is on thing, but 164 is way to many. I did have android-tools-adb installed but not android-tools-fastboot, so I will try to do an sbf at a later date and report back(unless you feel like setting up Kubuntu 12.10 in a VM and testing your self). Either way, thanks for the linux tools! Keep up the good work!

#108 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:24 AM

164 gtk dependencies does in fact seem like a lot.... but so-far that seems to be the only way we have found to remedy that particular error.... i personally have not dug thru each dependency to see exactly which ones are "required" for this to work (since it would most likely differ between distros) ..... maybe i should lol :) .... also on the other error [... syntax error.... "(" unexpected ] ... its funny that i have not yet tried "chmod a+x ...." but im glad that it worked for you :).... funny how we tend to overlook the small stuff......

BTW...when i get home i think i will set up a Kubuntu in vm as well (another one cant hurt lol) i currently have Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit as host... windows xp, 7, and 8 in vm, ubuntu 12.04 32 bit in vm, mint and bodhi in vm .... lol

The ONLY reason i cant "fully" test is because i still do not have my razr HD yet.... so i am very thankful for all of you who have used this and reported your results (good and bad) ... thank you very much.... :)

jhf.png

#109 Guest_Xplorer4x4_*

Guest_Xplorer4x4_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:05 AM

I understand what you mean about the dependencies. I was skimming through the thread and saw chmod a+x mentioned for another problem, and I thought, "why don't I try that." Some how I always forget about chmod a+x lol.

Oh and ditch 12.04 for 12.10 :P On the Kubuntu side, I find it to be much more stable..sad given 12.04 was LTS.

#110 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:11 AM

I understand what you mean about the dependencies. I was skimming through the thread and saw chmod a+x mentioned for another problem, and I thought, "why don't I try that." Some how I always forget about chmod a+x lol.

Oh and ditch 12.04 for 12.10 On the Kubuntu side, I find it to be much more stable..sad given 12.04 was LTS.

Funny how that works... it's not the first time a LTS distro is less stable than the other....

I also forgot about chmod a+x... lol

Thanx :)

jhf.png

#111 Guest_Xplorer4x4_*

Guest_Xplorer4x4_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

FYI, and I think you already know this..but having the fastboot package did not resolve the issue I tracked down to ia32-libs, Worth a shot though.

Question: How come the fastboot restore works fine but not the root function? I have glanced over your script very briefly. As far as I can tell, you are simply executing adb shell commands from with in a bash script right? I know it is hard to support every linux distro, but in theory couldn't you run "which adb" through the script, if it outputs nothing,use your self provided executable, but if it provides a true(so to speak) output, use that instead of the provided binary to possibly eliminate the need for ia32-libs?

#112 thecameraman

thecameraman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

So just to check..is there any way I can run this on my earlier model (32 bit) macbook pro?

EDIT: Also, will this work if I have the OTA update to 4.11 on my Razr HD (purchased like 2 weeks ago) or should I do a factory reset before I try to do this?

#113 Guest_Xplorer4x4_*

Guest_Xplorer4x4_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

So just to check..is there any way I can run this on my earlier model (32 bit) macbook pro?

I can't see why not.

EDIT: Also, will this work if I have the OTA update to 4.11 on my Razr HD (purchased like 2 weeks ago) or should I do a factory reset before I try to do this?

This has been covered more times then I care to count. You can fast boot to ICS from jb.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

#114 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

Yes it will run on a 32 bit system...... :-) we designed this to detect and swich to accommodate the different "flavors" of Linux and Mac :-)

jhf.png

#115 thecameraman

thecameraman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Yes it will run on a 32 bit system...... :-) we designed this to detect and swich to accommodate the different "flavors" of Linux and Mac :-)

Cool. And is the OP updated with the most recent script or do I need to switch it for one later in the thread?

Thanks for porting the utility to Mac and for answering questions from people like me who are just starting out with this stuff.

#116 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

Cool. And is the OP updated with the most recent script or do I need to switch it for one later in the thread?

Thanks for porting the utility to Mac and for answering questions from people like me who are just starting out with this stuff.

Yes the OP has been updated with the new updated script........ And you're welcome. It's my pleasure to try and answer any questions.......

jhf.png

#117 Guest_Xplorer4x4_*

Guest_Xplorer4x4_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

posIt's my pleasure to try and answer any questions.......

Then scroll up a few posts and answer mine. :-p

#118 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

Then scroll up a few posts and answer mine. :-p

which one LOL...... ? :) ;) if i missed it, sorry.... thought i got all of them

jhf.png

#119 Guest_Xplorer4x4_*

Guest_Xplorer4x4_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

which one LOL...... ? :) ;) if i missed it, sorry.... thought i got all of them

No worries. :) Post 111

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

[Linux/mac]#entry151658

#120 DaggerDave

DaggerDave

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr HD; Motorola Droid X; VS Gtablet; Droid Incredible

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

Just wanted to say thank you for creating a Linux version of this utility. I use Arch Linux 64 and had no problems using this tool. I did not need to flash back to ICS, as I was already on it (hadn't taken the JB update yet), so I cannot vouch for that function, but I did use it to obtain root and install OTA Rootkeeper without a hitch. Everything went great, and root access was easily restored after the update to JB.

Again, thank your for your efforts. Saved me from having to boot into XP, update everything (I haven't used it in months), install drivers, reboot, etc. just to root my new phone.
  • johnthehillbilly likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: razr hd utility, matts utility, linux utility, mac utility

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users