#141 sfg

sfg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD MAXX, Nexus 10

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

I am getting the following error when trying to root. I have USB Debugging checked as well as MTP mode. Can you give me an idea on what I am doing wrong? Prior to this I just restored back to ICS using this utility.

--- STARTING ----
--- WAITING FOR DEVICE
Installing 'fake' package...
./nutsandbolts/adb.linux: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

./nutsandbolts/adb.linux: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

..Please trigger a bug report on you phone by pressing
..Volume Up + Power simultaneously. If successful, your device
..will vibrate. Make sure this vibration is different from the
..vibration that occours when you turn the volume all the way
..down. Press 'ENTER' once you have successfully triggered a
..bugreport

#142 sfg

sfg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

Anyone? I can root it in a windows VM but I would rather learn what I am doing wrong in Linux.

#143 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

Anyone? I can root it in a windows VM but I would rather learn what I am doing wrong in Linux.

Are you running 64 bit or 32 bit..... if you are 64 bit you may need to update 32libs..... (sudo apt-get install ia32-libs)

You may also try opening terminal and cd to the directory where the utility lives and chmod a + x "the utility's .sh file"

Then try running again..... :)

• sfg likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#144 sfg

sfg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

Thank you for your reply. Yes I am running 64bit. I will run through your recommendations and report back.

#145 sfg

sfg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

Are you running 64 bit or 32 bit..... if you are 64 bit you may need to update 32libs..... (sudo apt-get install ia32-libs)

You may also try opening terminal and cd to the directory where the utility lives and chmod a + x "the utility's .sh file"

Then try running again..... :)

Bingo! That was it... Sorry for my delayed response. I was running Arch and was lacking the knowledge to get the 32libs on it. I just installed Ubuntu 13.04 and updated the 32libs. I am now rooted.

#146 fbm111

fbm111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Twitter:fbm111

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:10 PM

I was a dumbass. I misread and tried to down grade from 9.16.6. Phone is working fine however it appears I downgraded the radios. I have no issues but was wondering if you could just fastboot the new radios back in. And if so how would I do this.

Thanks!

#147 bempieali

bempieali

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid HD (RAZR XT912)

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

hey I'm a noob... running windows I swapped the adb file from the post as well as the fastboot file... I'm still getting Failure <remote>.... I'm lost...I cant find anything that works to get my razr xt 912 back to stock...HELP!!!

#148 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:26 AM

hey I'm a noob... running windows I swapped the adb file from the post as well as the fastboot file... I'm still getting Failure <remote>.... I'm lost...I cant find anything that works to get my razr xt 912 back to stock...HELP!!!

If you have a 912 this is not the utility for you..... this is for the 926 :)

If you are still on ICS .... you need the 1.82 utility..... if you are on JB ... you need the 1.9 utility :)

jhf.png

#149 truedis

truedis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:12 PM

So, I just got my HD MAXX back from Motorola, and on the plus side, they fixed the broken screen ... on the minus side, they updated me to 9.16.6 / 4.1.2 and now I have no idea how to root this thing :(

I assume based on the fact that the OP says don't use 1.10 or below on 9.16.6 and there doesn't seem to be a version above 1.10 that a new one is being worked on that will let me downgrade from the OTA and root, then upgrade again ... Is that right?

#150 Guest_Xplorer4x4_*

Guest_Xplorer4x4_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

Ok for some reason when using the script to try to fastboot, I get stuck "waiting for device." In my experience this is due to a lack of root but I have authorized sudo properly. So I ripped the shell script open and trying to run the flash manually. It all goes smooth with 2 exceptions:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

From what I see tz and aboot are not valid fastboot options.

#151 Guest_Xplorer4x4_*

Guest_Xplorer4x4_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:14 AM

On further examination it turns out that these lines should be

and

You simply forgot the flash commands in the first part of the script.

#152 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:11 AM

On further examination it turns out that these lines should be

and

You simply forgot the flash commands in the first part of the script.

I thought I had fixed that in the updated script that was linked to earlier in the thread...... but if I didn't, thank you for pointing it out and posting the solution :)

jhf.png

#153 Guest_Xplorer4x4_*

Guest_Xplorer4x4_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

Well I grabbed the package from the op which looked to me to be newer then the version I looked at the first time I posted in this thread. Reason I say that is I never saw the checks for which adb and which fastboot the first time I looked at the script a month or so ago.

#154 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

Well I grabbed the package from the op which looked to me to be newer then the version I looked at the first time I posted in this thread. Reason I say that is I never saw the checks for which adb and which fastboot the first time I looked at the script a month or so ago.

sorry it has taken so long to try and answer your "which adb" and "which fastboot" question............ i have looked and looked for anything that i would consider "usefull" by using "which" command to possibly eliminate the need for the ia32-libs....... what i have come up with so far is,  for the most part, (i say "for the most part" because we all know that every Android device and/or distro of Linux can and will behave differently and appear to have a "bad additude" from time to time LOL)

with that being said....... the "which adb" command typically should work, as long as you have the android SDK installed and in your PATH..... also in the event that it fails, you will still be required to install the ia32-libs for it to work properly...... the only absolute solution would probably be to isolate exactly which of the ia32-lib packages the script, adb, or fastboot actually is dependent on........ if  we can find that, then it will be included in the utility or give the users the option to download that specific one(s) so the script will run flawlessly.......

i hope this is at least close to what you were looking for :)

jhf.png

#155 Guest_Xplorer4x4_*

Guest_Xplorer4x4_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

No worries, but I am confused because from what I saw, it is already in the script:

Anyway, as for the issue above, it just comes down to the OP. If it's up to date, then it still needs patched. If you did patch this you might wana update the op. :)

#156 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:38 AM

...... tz and aboot errors have been corrected..... new script can be found

(post #105 of this thread) :)  OP updated with DL link for revised script as well  :)

jhf.png

#157 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:50 AM

No worries, but I am confused because from what I saw, it is already in the script:

Anyway, as for the issue above, it just comes down to the OP. If it's up to date, then it still needs patched. If you did patch this you might wana update the op. :)

for some reason i was under the impression that you wanted to run the "which adb" and "which fastboot" commands seperately from what is already included in the script :p ........ my brain dont function to well when i am not driving LOL ...... anyway since that is apparantly not the case, i will dig deeper into trying to find a solution for you (and everyone else) :) 

jhf.png

#158 Guest_Xplorer4x4_*

Guest_Xplorer4x4_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

Well I didnt see those "whiches" :p in the script when I posted that the other month. Was this added since then?

Also revisiting the ia32-libs issue, I glanced over the script again just now and I am confused which part this is needed for. With the recent bootloader unlock miracle, I decided to do a wipe and start fresh with out using SS. So first thing I did was fastboot restore. Now I tried using your script for this, but despite giving the script sudo permission, it got stuck at "waiting for device" which is normal if you don't sudo(as I recently found out). So I ripped the script open in Kate and simply started a root terminal to avoid sudo, and other then the small typos, the fastboot portion of the script did function as it should have. So once the fastboot restore was taken care of, I once again used your tool to root and push Voodo's OTA Root Kepper to my phone. For soem reason, and I think I mentioned this earlier, root refused to work in your script the first time around. I figured I would give another shot this time and I got root access on the first try with out having to resort to the Windows Utility in a vm to achieve root.  Then I recently ported Tucstwo's boot loader unlocked removal warning tool to linux. The script needs some clean up on second though, but my script works as designed regardless. What I am getting at here is I just realized I never installed ia32-libs at all!

#159 curly_p

curly_p

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationBoronto, Onterrible
  • Current Device(s):xt925

Posted 14 February 2016 - 09:19 PM

Thanx for that.... I will check it out now....

Edit.... Script is fixed will be uploading revised in a few.... Thanx again...

Revised script here ... 

This is what happens when i write script(s) when i am NOT driving.... LOL
sent from my spare phone tapadriving........

I know this might be a stretch as this thread is more than 4 years old but would anyone happen to know if these links are alive anywhere ?

I have the Motorola Razr HD LTE (Canadian on Rogers wireless)

Basically, this was my phone and I got 2 of them. I rooted both only used one as my actual phone the other as a backup (and also to play around with, flash custom roms and basically learn/fail/succeed as it was my first time rooting) as luck would have it my phone at the time broke and was and has been replaced with probably 15 devices since then...

I have always loved and kept this phone around - the HDMI output was always a favourite feature of mine (Chromecast has made this much easier on my Nvidia Shield TV (running 5.1.1 not AndroidTV obviously)

Sorry for the rambling I will get to the point... 

My device is the XT925 

Android Version 4.2.2

Baseband Version: VANQUISH_U_BP_100700.220.65.33P

Kernel Version:

3.0.93-gca4c45c

build02@cyanogenmod #1

CyanogenMod version: 10.1.3-xt925

Build number: cm_xt925-userdebud 4.2.2 JDQ39E

eng.jenkins.20130923.21422 test-keys

I used the motorola website to get my bootloader unlocked

I believe somewhere down the line my IMEI was erased and it currently displays 0 - I do have my IMEI visible under my sim tray slot and also on the original box.

I would basically like to return my device to stock - I have spent the past 2 years occasionally checking here and other sites looking for stock and believe i was able to download it today  from firmware.center

I downloaded

7.7.1Q-144_VQL_S3-49_USERSIGNED_CANADA_SIGNCanadaIRDUnlk_USAVANQURGRCANA005.0R_CFC_fastboot.xml.zip

I only have access to a Mac or Ubuntu 15.10 

The device ALWAYS restarts to the AP FASTBOOT SCREEN whenever the battery dies or I restart the device 

My recovery is CWM 6.0.4.4

Can anyone tell me if i am looking in the right place?

I am going in the right direction?

is the firmware i downloaded the correct one i should be using so i don't brick my phone?

is there anything i didnt include in this post that is needed to help me?

THANK YOU to anyone who replies to me 

#160 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 14 February 2016 - 10:00 PM

Not that I know of.  The Dev that worked on this has long left for opportunities that he had been given. 

• curly_p likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: razr hd utility, matts utility, linux utility, mac utility

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users