CassDroid's Personal Stalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter:@tyrthas
  • Google+:Ron Becker
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

How do I know if I have s-off on my phone, since it is required for Root Toolbox pro? My phone has bootstrap and cwm and is running DT's axiom ab5 rom.

You don't have s-off.

Sent from my AOKP AXI0M [R]

#62 cardidark09

cardidark09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Twitter:cardi4life

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:09 PM

How about Voodoo OTA? I've read a few members posts where they refer to it. I have a vague notion of how it's used but am not 100%.

the voodoo ota returns root if you do a ota update. after the ota open voodoo and click re install root. make sure you open voodoo before the ota to do a back up of the root through the app

#63 b0nz

b0nz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

not sure how many of you are looking for a hot spot app but foxfi is a great app turn your razr into a FREE hot spot i use it for the PS3 connnects fast not paying your service provider for hot spot is priceless works on rooted as well as non rooted phones

#64 Johngi559

Johngi559

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Twitter:@_johngi
  • Google+:Johnny Hernandez

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:07 AM

wait it works for a ps3? can u send me a link on how i can make it do that??Q?Q

#65 ssmaynv

ssmaynv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

not sure how many of you are looking for a hot spot app but foxfi is a great app turn your razr into a FREE hot spot i use it for the PS3 connnects fast not paying your service provider for hot spot is priceless works on rooted as well as non rooted phones

Don't know why I never thought of that...

#66 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:10 PM

Don't know why I never thought of that...

Doesn't work with ICS. I tried it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#67 b0nz

b0nz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

Doesn't work with ICS. I tried it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#68 ssmaynv

ssmaynv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

I've been using the native hot spot app in the ICS leak for my PS3, BF3 multiplayer without any problems.

#69 fuzzy25

fuzzy25

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:04 AM

I just installed the pro version of ROM toolbox and all I can say is... woah! Well worth the FEW bucks!!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#70 Sh0rty 140

Sh0rty 140

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Twitter:@Sh0rtyy_140
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:22 AM

Sqlite
Setcpu
Rom toolbox
Root explorer
voodoo
Terminal emulator
Titanium backup
Rom manager

Those are all the ones that I use. Thought about jd but haven't ever messed with it. Might have to purchase and give it a try.
"My chick bad, my chick hood.... my chick do stuff that ya chick wish she could!!!!"

#71 phatdaddyz01

phatdaddyz01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:00 AM

I have used RTB lite for a while & recently upgrade to Pro to support the Dev. Once you realize that it will do the jobs of Setcpu, Rom manager, Terminal emulator, and Titanium Backup (plus many others), it just makes sense.

I also recently switched from Root explorer (paid version) to ES File explorer. I like the persistent system mount option, the copy/paste features, and the overall look/feel better.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#72 Dr0idDR

Dr0idDR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:20 AM

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but for me autokiller was great. Why have a task killer when this app does it automatically. :)

#73 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:46 PM

Any kind of task killer hasn't been needed since Gingerbread lol.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#74 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

Any kind of task killer hasn't been needed since Gingerbread lol.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

+10000000 Android core is extremely efficient at moving latent processes to and from the cache. Using a task killer decided makes your phone slower and less battery efficient since a completely new process must be initiated, which takes considerably more time and CPU than simply bringing a process out of the cache.

Have you never seen the video from the creator of Android on how it handles caching processes in place of killing them?

You should ONLY kill a process if it's unresponsive.

[ ...paths? ... where we're going we don't need... paths. ]
  • Roo and stef78508 like this
[ sent from _base2 ]

#75 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:54 PM

I believe the video is with regard to memory management. Google "Android memory management" and see if you can find it. Well worth watching.

[ ...paths? ... where we're going we don't need... paths. ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#76 Roo

Roo

Property of ArcaneXVI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationWyoming
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:53 PM

+10000000 Android core is extremely efficient at moving latent processes to and from the cache. Using a task killer decided makes your phone slower and less battery efficient since a completely new process must be initiated, which takes considerably more time and CPU than simply bringing a process out of the cache.

Have you never seen the video from the creator of Android on how it handles caching processes in place of killing them?

You should ONLY kill a process if it's unresponsive.

Agreed!! When I first rooted one of the first aps I wanted was an app killer. I could not figure out why my phones battery was running down so fast, and it seemed like it was even running a little slow. As soon as I uninstalled the app killer my phone ran so much better and I noticed a significant change in battery life (for the better) Lesson well learned, and I have NEVER looked back!!

#77 darkcypher6

darkcypher6

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:37 AM

Agreed!! When I first rooted one of the first aps I wanted was an app killer. I could not figure out why my phones battery was running down so fast, and it seemed like it was even running a little slow. As soon as I uninstalled the app killer my phone ran so much better and I noticed a significant change in battery life (for the better) Lesson well learned, and I have NEVER looked back!!

Task killers are often the culprit killing the battery that I find running on my customer's phones. After rooting, I always get DSP manager if the rom i'm on doesn't have it. The beats mods that are all over the place are good, but I like to change the way each type of music I listen to sounds on the fly when i'm driving. Plus it is menu accessible through google play music.
Phone: Rooted VZW Droid RAZR on ICS Phone: Sprint Galaxy Nexus Watch: Motorola Motoactv

#78 MBRedline

MBRedline

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Current Device(s):Raze Maxx & Asus TF700T

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:24 AM

Task killers are often the culprit killing the battery that I find running on my customer's phones. After rooting, I always get DSP manager if the rom i'm on doesn't have it. The beats mods that are all over the place are good, but I like to change the way each type of music I listen to sounds on the fly when i'm driving. Plus it is menu accessible through google play music.

It appears most people on this thread would disagree but IMO task killers can be very useful if used correctly. I use GO task manager and manually clear tasks when my memory gets below 300 Mb. I see no change in battery life but see a big difference on lag. I do think that automatic task killers are Bad. Don't hate on me I am just stating what my personal research has shown.

Root Apps I use include: Ti Backup, SuperUser, Terminal Emulator and

I also see that it is strange that no has mentioned Tasker, I use tasker to save batterylife as well as do everything smart actions could every hope to do and more. I currently run 30+ profiles with tasker and when incorporated with root apps such as Secure Settings and Widget Locker there is almost nothing on your phone you can no automate. My app preference is as follows

1. Tasker
2. Safe Strap
3. Ti backup

Screen Filter is not a root app but very useful to dim screen below stock level (eg. for docked night time driving) and it has integration with tasker which means i can automatically start it up when in car dock between 8pm and 6 am.

edit: ES file explorer is free and has a root explorer

Edited by MBRedline, 02 June 2012 - 08:31 AM.

#79 Dr0idDR

Dr0idDR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:13 PM

Whoa didn't mean to start all that. lol I've always used Autokiller. I just don't on my razr. On my DX, I noticed a lot more battery and it ran a lot smoother. But that's me. :D

#80 Brynn217

Brynn217

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:15 PM

ES File Explorer is much better than Root Explorer... is does not come preset with root access, you must enable it... but it does have the feature required to tap a Blur File and execute Rom Manager to load in the Blur in recovery, Root Explorer cannot do this (and I learned such right after I paid for it..)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users