Photo

Black Widow JB ([Aokp/Cm10/CNA ROMs]) 2012-11-21

Black Widow Jellybean 4.1.2 Custom ROMs Custom Theme Aokp Cyanogenmod 10 CNA ([Code Name Android])

• Please log in to reply
1980 replies to this topic

#61 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:31 PM

Whats the difference before aokp and cm10?? Sorry for the newb question and i really do appreciate having devs like u and hicks living in the 808 goes great with my schedule ha ha

options of customization to be made within the ROM. CM offers a bunch of options to set the ROM up to your liking, but imo AOKP brings more and most of the same options to the table. They are both themed the exact same (also both include the CM theme chooser so you can use themes from the market), both are great on battery life (aokp better imo), but to be honest, just try them both and see which you prefer........ but they are damn near the same thing. But i always choose AOKP over CM. ;)
  • thaijunk likes this

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#62 jtc303

jtc303

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 406 posts
  • LocationMA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:36 PM

It can rotate because i have tapatalk rotated as i type but the homescreen doesnt... Weird

it rotates with go launcher but not apex :blink:
Posted Image

#63 newms323

newms323

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Data is now working. I always do the full wipe. Not sure what the issue was...

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
  • andlaw likes this

#64 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

it rotates with go launcher but not apex :blink:

then that is telling you, somewhere in Apex settings, (prolly Homescreen options) that you have rotate turned off...

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

#65 chaz493

chaz493

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/113161688656608926035

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:39 PM

K i was waiting on a good CM10 with working cameras etc and i finally found this and so far i love it, My big dislike however is the Black and white thing going on ironically enough lol, Its fine on the boot up but i would prefer my apps and interface to have color. Is there a color theme i can flash over this, i really dont want to use another rom. So far all over cm10 roms are missing things that are vital to me.

#66 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:42 PM

K i was waiting on a good CM10 with working cameras etc and i finally found this and so far i love it, My big dislike however is the Black and white thing going on ironically enough lol, Its fine on the boot up but i would prefer my apps and interface to have color. Is there a color theme i can flash over this, i really dont want to use another rom. So far all over cm10 roms are missing things that are vital to me.

nothing new here... simply open up Play, and download an APEX icon theme (a good one with pretty much all icons would be ICS or Jelly bean HD), they have the icon packs that pretty much cover all the apps that you could possibly have, so they will look stock (with color).

Posted Image

#67 chaz493

chaz493

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:46 PM

well the issue i am having is that when i open up contacts it looks like some themeing has gone awry, because the little people icons at the top are on a white background when selected, and there are transparencies on either side of the bar up top, looks like maybe the wrong image was placed there as it looks distorted and stretched, small issue i know but im wanting to fix it some how.

#68 jtc303

jtc303

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 406 posts
  • LocationMA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:48 PM

then that is telling you, somewhere in Apex settings, (prolly Homescreen options) that you have rotate turned off...

found it... Behavior settings
  • andlaw likes this
Posted Image

#69 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:49 PM

well the issue i am having is that when i open up contacts it looks like some themeing has gone awry, because the little people icons at the top are on a white background when selected, and there are transparencies on either side of the bar up top, looks like maybe the wrong image was placed there as it looks distorted and stretched, small issue i know but im wanting to fix it some how.

lol, like i have already stated 2x now, i am still working on blacking out the Contacts.apk.. which right now, when choosing the People.apk it is still a white background, with most of the images already blacked out. Once i get time to go back and finish themeing it (now that i have the updated apktool and can finally recompile the apk) i will update the future roms with the fully inverted apk. until then, just use contacts through the phone... or goto a different ROM if you cant stand it to use. :ph34r: My main priority while i had time was to release builds that can be ran as a DD. now that i have good bases started for both, i can continue blacking out more throughout the ROM. mmmmk~

Posted Image

#70 rayross

rayross

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:53 PM

Does video streaming work on this cause with koa it was a no go

#71 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:59 PM

Does video streaming work on this cause with koa it was a no go

hmm, would help if you could give an example.. not sure exactly what you mean by video streaming... i am watching a video on youtube right now as i type this......

Posted Image

#72 chaz493

chaz493

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:09 PM

OK sorry I missed the already asked questions about contacts. One more though, trying to update gmail and Google music and it errors, most likely due to the themes I'm assuming. How do I get around this? Sorry for all the Qs

#73 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:11 PM

OK sorry I missed the already asked questions about contacts. One more though, trying to update gmail and Google music and it errors, most likely due to the themes I'm assuming. How do I get around this? Sorry for all the Qs

if you update, they break the theme. and any app that is included in the ROM and will not update. can be simply removed from the system/app directory with a file manager (root browser/ root explorer etc). Then you can download them through PLAY after you reboot your device. :ph34r:

Posted Image

#74 rayross

rayross

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:12 PM

Well it seemed like on the cm10 roms in general the you tube app and this app crunchyroll would stop around the 5 second mark didnt really try any other ones
  • rayross likes this

#75 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:18 PM

Well it seemed like on the cm10 roms in general the you tube app and this app crunchyroll would stop around the 5 second mark didnt really try any other ones

not all ROMS are the same, but youtube is working fine, and Netflix is working as well!

Posted Image

#76 rayross

rayross

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:24 PM

Alright mahaloz!!!

#77 jimboslice

jimboslice

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 315 posts
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:52 PM

Buttery smooth so far man, nice work. Downloading aokp so I can see if I like it over CM, even though I'm typically a CM guy.

Also, I've noticed that with every ROM you've made, it somehow remembers what apps I had on prior builds, even going from your ics to jb roms. It's never done that with any other ROM I've flashed. When I first flashed your CM10 build, it automatically began downloading my Apex Pro, Root Explorer, CPU Master Pro, etc.

I dunno if that's something you can somehow control when building a ROM, or my gmail choosing to restore apps only when running BW, but I like it :)
  • andlaw likes this

#78 wallballking

wallballking

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:03 PM

Can the text messages be inverted to black just like the contacts?

#79 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:13 PM

Can the text messages be inverted to black just like the contacts?

huh? MMS is blacked out (inverted)..

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

Posted Image

#80 jimboslice

jimboslice

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 315 posts
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:34 AM

Ok I encountered a little bug on AOKP.

Just tried setting my alarm, and when I go to edit the time and what not, it FC's. Had to download an alarm app to remedy.

Not sure if there's the same issue with CM10.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Black Widow, Jellybean 4.1.2, Custom ROMs, Custom Theme, Aokp, Cyanogenmod 10, CNA ([Code Name Android])

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users