• Please log in to reply
685 replies to this topic

#21 RangeOfficer452

RangeOfficer452

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:45 AM

Fastboot isn't necessary to downgrade the kernel/radio. All they have to do is install the rollback package if they're on a stock 173 installation. It'll be quicker that way unless they're on a custom ROM based on 173.

rollback package? where would I find this nifty rollback package?

#22 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:16 AM

rollback package? where would I find this nifty rollback package?

It's in my installation thread for 173. Bear in mind it'll only work if you're running stock 173. If you're on any custom ROM or have jacked around with 173 too much install will fail @ current system verification and require that you fastboot.

Edit:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Edited by arcanexvi, 26 January 2012 - 09:20 AM.
added link

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#23 RangeOfficer452

RangeOfficer452

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:24 AM

Awesome! Thanks for quick reply. I know what I'm doing this afternoon instead of patrolling the mean streets of #$@%&+()&%#@.

#24 The Admiral

The Admiral

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Twitter:sthorderson
  • LocationSL,UT

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:25 AM

Here's my fix for market downloads. OK - it isn't my fix. But I did two hours of research to find it!

I sideloaded ROM Toolbox from my non-safe system, then used the following instructions from our XDA brethren:

load up ROM TOOLBOX (already installed)
allow root
go to "scripter"
create new (top right corner) with custom name (anything, doesnt matter)
put this in the script

mount -o remount,rw /system
chmod +x /system/bin/drmserver
/system/bin/drmserver&
mount -o remount,ro /system

save

select and set "as boot"

After creating that script, I just ran it, and my queued downloads finished downloading.

Source:

Edit: Man.... getting all this working really makes me wish I could develop ROMs! I have so many ideas (pull the Camera drivers off the leaked ICS for the GSM RAZR, etc) but can't make them work because I don't know how! :( I guess I'll keep seeping off the system! hehe
  • DarkestSpawn and Erp like this

#25 superstargoddess

superstargoddess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:38 AM

This is gorgeous and smooth. I like using Nova Launcher from XDA with it.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk
- Motorola Droid RAZR [IC3Razr- always most recent]

#26 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:38 AM

As far as getting apps back, I just put my ROM Toolbox Pro .apk on my SD card, made sure the backup I made with it was there as well, then installed and ran the App Manager and viola!

One thing worth noting, (if you have to) mess with your network settings to get data to work you have to do it every time you toggle the system in SafeStrap.

Thanks everyone involved! I've had the ROM installed maybe an hour and no FCs, no reboots, settling in extremely fast and effectively!

:-D :-D

#27 The Admiral

The Admiral

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Twitter:sthorderson
  • LocationSL,UT

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:04 PM

Can't get native screenshots to work...

Edit: Can't press two buttons at the same time. The Admiral is still worthy of his n00b status. Working great!

#28 kindrudekid

kindrudekid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Twitter:kindrudekid
  • Google+:gplus.to/kindrudekid
  • LocationUS

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:20 PM

Any1 facing issues with Wifi?

I was able to connect today morning and i returned home and it wont connect to my network saying avoided poor internet connection crap even when its gettin full signal or an just 5 feet away from my router.......

#29 Tmc363

Tmc363

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Twitter:@tmc363
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:24 PM

Any1 facing issues with Wifi?

I was able to connect today morning and i returned home and it wont connect to my network saying avoided poor internet connection crap even when its gettin full signal or an just 5 feet away from my router.......

No issues here

Posted Image

Donate $10 or more to our Phones For Devs Giveaway and get a Custom Forum title and help the Make a wish Foundation details here: http://www.droidrzr....-custom-titles/

#30 Tmc363

Tmc363

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Twitter:@tmc363
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:27 PM

As far as getting apps back, I just put my ROM Toolbox Pro .apk on my SD card, made sure the backup I made with it was there as well, then installed and ran the App Manager and viola!

One thing worth noting, (if you have to) mess with your network settings to get data to work you have to do it every time you toggle the system in SafeStrap.

Thanks everyone involved! I've had the ROM installed maybe an hour and no FCs, no reboots, settling in extremely fast and effectively!

You have to toggle it every time you reboot, turn it off, or safe strap but its well worth it. No blur and ics how does life get any better

• andlaw likes this
Posted Image

Donate $10 or more to our Phones For Devs Giveaway and get a Custom Forum title and help the Make a wish Foundation details here: http://www.droidrzr....-custom-titles/

#31 coloradoflats

coloradoflats

Willing to Brick for ICS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Twitter:@KevinVanLear
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:54 PM

Here's my fix for market downloads. OK - it isn't my fix. But I did two hours of research to find it!

I sideloaded ROM Toolbox from my non-safe system, then used the following instructions from our XDA brethren:

After creating that script, I just ran it, and my queued downloads finished downloading.

Source:

Edit: Man.... getting all this working really makes me wish I could develop ROMs! I have so many ideas (pull the Camera drivers off the leaked ICS for the GSM RAZR, etc) but can't make them work because I don't know how! :( I guess I'll keep seeping off the system! hehe

Thankyou for this! Worked like a charm... market works now!
"Did you see what I said?"

#32 kindrudekid

kindrudekid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Twitter:kindrudekid
  • Google+:gplus.to/kindrudekid
  • LocationUS

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:58 PM

No issues here

alright i fixed it ip address was out of range

#33 Erp

Erp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:01 PM

Source:

This worked! Wonderful! Thank you so much.

#34 DarkestSpawn

DarkestSpawn

Tester

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:05 PM

Source:

AWESOME!!! I now have a working market. No more stealing from the Droid X lol
-Beta Mod-
-Grand Master of the Testing-

Posted Image

#35 en7gm4

en7gm4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/#!/en7gm4
  • LocationtEXas

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:08 PM

so the main thing besides camera not working and sd card not mounting what else

#36 coloradoflats

coloradoflats

Willing to Brick for ICS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:12 PM

so the main thing besides camera not working and sd card not mounting what else

Both SD's mount. It's USB and Camera/Video that aren't working. This is a BETA to me!
  • Erp likes this

#37 feeney22

feeney22

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:principalfeeney

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:16 PM

When I access my application list, it is a bit slow. Is anyone else experiencing this on initial boot?

#38 Erp

Erp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:19 PM

This is definitely my daily driver now. Market is working and data just requires an initial tweak to get it going. I love ICS, screw you motorola!

#39 coloradoflats

coloradoflats

Willing to Brick for ICS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:19 PM

When I access my application list, it is a bit slow. Is anyone else experiencing this on initial boot?

The ROM needs time to settle in...

#40 BQNinja

BQNinja

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:29 PM

Feels like I've been waiting ages for this (only two months, I guess, but still...).

It's awesome, though! Keep up the great work. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dhacker29, ICS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users