• Please log in to reply
685 replies to this topic

#61 orcsbane13

orcsbane13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:38 PM

Definitely daily driver for me. Camera isn't that big of an issue, and if I do need to load something to the SD card over USB (because I don't pack a card reader) I just boot into recovery and mount USB and transfer it there. I don't have the patience for using Dropbox and then transferring the files to where I need them, especially without Root Explorer baked in.

I'll need to do some poking around some ICS forums, but having a big pixellated contact picture during a phone call drives me crazy. Any ideas for getting a big picture in ICS? I think it downsizes when you load it into Google Contacts on the computer.

I've had one instance where the phone just went dead... I had to try three or four times to hold down Power, Volume Up, Volume Down to hard reboot to get the ROM to boot again. Sometimes it will get past the safestrap screen but never show the ROM loading screen... wait 20 minutes and then Hard Reset again. That's pretty frustrating... although I have suspicions that it is because at work, I charge the phone over USB on my computer, which might cause driver issues and what not on the phone.

Thanks!!!!

I've experienced that here recently as well. Has happened about 4 times now. I use a regular charger for mine not a USB charger. But that's my only issue so far. The market fix worked great.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

#62 BQNinja

BQNinja

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:44 PM

I've experienced that here recently as well. Has happened about 4 times now. I use a regular charger for mine not a USB charger. But that's my only issue so far. The market fix worked great.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

It seems to me that it doesn't charge over USB, even though it says it does. The battery icon is in charging, and it says it's charging on the lock screen, but in "battery information" it says it's discharging, and the numbers seem to reflect that.

#63 brewski

brewski

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:44 PM

i just downloaded itto my phone (internal sd) and just flashed it from there *of course with all the wiping from front to back instructions*
so...
1) install from sd card
2) internal
3) select ic3
4) yes
5) reboot
6) press the search softkey to continue
7) within couple of seconds (could be a min or so) booted up.

so you think using the external sd is the problem?

#64 tumbleweed65

tumbleweed65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Twitter:tumblweed65
  • Google+:kend65
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:04 PM

dang ive been outta the loop a few days and all hell breaks loose...lol
nice work to all those involved cant waut to get my new phone reloaded up with ics :D
dropped mine from shirt pocket to shop floor,2 feet of air and meeting concrete dont mix well with gorilla glass. :angry:

#65 blkghost

blkghost

Bignadad Beta Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Twitter:@blkghost22
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:06 PM

so you think using the external sd is the problem?

no i dont think so but just wanted to let you know what i have done... trying to expand more options for you

#66 coloradoflats

coloradoflats

Willing to Brick for ICS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Twitter:@KevinVanLear
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:37 PM

It seems to me that it doesn't charge over USB, even though it says it does. The battery icon is in charging, and it says it's charging on the lock screen, but in "battery information" it says it's discharging, and the numbers seem to reflect that.

Not the case.... charges fine over USB. And a reboot or two is expected? This rom is built from CM9, running on a gingerbread kernel that obviously isnt perfect because of the locked bootloader.
"Did you see what I said?"

#67 Erp

Erp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:40 PM

Not the case.... charges fine over USB. And a reboot or two is expected? This rom is built from CM9, running on a gingerbread kernel that obviously isnt perfect because of the locked bootloader.

Are you sure? Mine definitely isn't charging over USB connected to the computer. I was at 40%, had it plugged in and checked it a while later and it was at 30%

Charging via AC adapter it shows charging everywhere, and it's actually charging! It seems like it wouldn't charge anyway if ADB doesn't work and neither does Mass Storage.

#68 J-Droid65

J-Droid65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:52 PM

Great job on this DH and all else involved. Booted really quick, and running w/o a hiccup for a few hours now! Alpha? Really?? AWESOME!!!!!

#69 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:53 PM

I am able to charge fine, that's so weird. As far as the reboots, I haven't had any so I count myself lucky but give the rom a day or two to settle and see if that fixes it.

Sent from somewhere using something

:-D :-D

#70 coloradoflats

coloradoflats

Willing to Brick for ICS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:14 PM

Are you sure? Mine definitely isn't charging over USB connected to the computer. I was at 40%, had it plugged in and checked it a while later and it was at 30%

Charging via AC adapter it shows charging everywhere, and it's actually charging! It seems like it wouldn't charge anyway if ADB doesn't work and neither does Mass Storage.

Charging via USB or a charger is the same concept. The fact that USB connected to a computer does not work via mass storage device or adb has absolutely zero to do with the charging aspect...power through USB is delivered the same way no matter what. I would check your cable and USB port.

#71 BQNinja

BQNinja

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:25 PM

Charging via USB or a charger is the same concept. The fact that USB connected to a computer does not work via mass storage device or adb has absolutely zero to do with the charging aspect...power through USB is delivered the same way no matter what. I would check your cable and USB port.

I guess I should have specified that I was speaking of my own experience? And it was charging fine off the same cable and port right before I flashed.

#72 Erp

Erp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

I guess I should have specified that I was speaking of my own experience? And it was charging fine off the same cable and port right before I flashed.

Yeah I can attest to this. Booting into my non-safe side it seems to charge find, booting back into ICS it won't charge via USB (hooking into computer).

#73 j3t

j3t

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:42 PM

Awesome Thx!

#74 coloradoflats

coloradoflats

Willing to Brick for ICS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:52 PM

Yeah I can attest to this. Booting into my non-safe side it seems to charge find, booting back into ICS it won't charge via USB (hooking into computer).

*EDIT*
I do see where it says discharching in system settings... I cannot vouche whether it is actually discharching. USB charging takes 3-5 times longer than AC charging and if you use your phone during thus time could take even longer. I dunno... I'll look into it.

#75 BQNinja

BQNinja

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:02 PM

OK, let's get this straight. You understand that charging from USB takes 3-5 times as long as a normal charger. Are you using your phone during this time, because if so, you won't get very much charging at all through USB. Its not uncommon for the phone to gain only a 10% charge in 30+ minutes. A USB cable, in most circumstances, is universal. There is a power lead and it charges if plugged in. This can't be turned on or off.

I just got out of bed, went and plugged in the USB cable on my PC and it charges fine.

I had no apps running, plugged it in, and had the screen off, while I was at work. I checked it a half hour later, and it had gone down 5%.

#76 Tmc363

Tmc363

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Twitter:@tmc363
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:02 PM

+1 mine charges fine as well

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Posted Image

Donate $10 or more to our Phones For Devs Giveaway and get a Custom Forum title and help the Make a wish Foundation details here: http://www.droidrzr....-custom-titles/

#77 coloradoflats

coloradoflats

Willing to Brick for ICS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:08 PM

I had no apps running, plugged it in, and had the screen off, while I was at work. I checked it a half hour later, and it had gone down 5%.

I'll look into it. This is an alpha build and we already know it is a battery easyperson. Its very possible that it is charging and the os is killing the battery. I've only been getting 6 hours battery with this build. Check your battery stats in system settings and it should tell you if its the os.
Also, how u know it went down 5% when it only shows intervals of 10%?

#78 BQNinja

BQNinja

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:15 PM

I'll look into it. This is an alpha build and we already know it is a battery easyperson. Its very possible that it is charging and the os is killing the battery. I've only been getting 6 hours battery with this build. Check your battery stats in system settings and it should tell you if its the os.
Also, how u know it went down 5% when it only shows intervals of 10%?

It went from 10% to 5% on the lockscreen (said charging (10%) then charging (5%)). And yeah, Android OS is at the top with 23% usage

#79 spikefloyd

spikefloyd

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:15 PM

Has anyone else have problem with there phone running hotter than normal and it seems the hottest right around the Motorola badge

#80 eckdawg5

eckdawg5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Twitter:twitter.com/eckdawg5

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:11 PM

It went from 10% to 5% on the lockscreen (said charging (10%) then charging (5%)). And yeah, Android OS is at the top with 23% usage

yeah but if you disable safe mode and go back to your non safe rom, what's your battery at? Ic3 read 40% (37% in battery stats) but after disabling safe mode and going back to noname, my non safe read 80% (71% in battery stats).

Sent from my Xoom

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dhacker29, ICS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users